• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Dilemma: Don Ramon vs. Rubber Clad.

RT2010

Known Member
16/11/12

Presenting my case

1. I like these models so am considering buying them both
2. I am worried if they'll end up looking pretty similar (only differences being bezel & digits).

Are the dials same grey color although photos seem to indicate diff. shades?

Is there anyone here that own both these models and can comment if they look similar??

AP_DR_zpsf186d03c.jpg
AP_RC_zps8a4e1837.jpg

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
If you get the DR, order a new strap right away. It will look terrible with that glossy rep cardboard strap. I personally would get the RC

watch.aholic

Renowned Member
23/3/11
From what I read somewhere on one of the forums, the Don Ramon isn't going to be around for long so I guess you should buy that first....The Rubber clad can wait....Personally I like to buy both of them too but there's is only so much you can spend on watches....

scropper

Known Member
30/10/07
I'd say they're two quite different pieces. The DR is a smart watch, the RC is more casual - personally can't think of many situations where they overlap - get both! :)

RT2010

Known Member
16/11/12
From what I read somewhere on one of the forums, the Don Ramon isn't going to be around for long so I guess you should buy that first....The Rubber clad can wait....Personally I like to buy both of them too but there's is only so much you can spend on watches....

You are right. Ryan says DR is not in stock. I have contacted a couple of other TDs. If its pretty much sold out, I think a V3 is around the corner with all the pending flaws fixed.

Rubberj00

Renowned Member
21/2/09
Like BMW sais, do you want to spend another 300$ on the DR to get a nice strap for it? If not get the RGRC.

Heres mine with some friends:

DSC_0016-1_zpsda05c632.jpg

ressmeplz

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/12/12
I'd say they're two quite different pieces. The DR is a smart watch, the RC is more casual - personally can't think of many situations where they overlap - get both! :)

Agree*

spdu4ia

25/7/12
Like BMW sais, do you want to spend another 300$ on the DR to get a nice strap for it? If not get the RGRC.

Heres mine with some friends:

DSC_0016-1_zpsda05c632.jpg

Nice box... Details on that? Pm me if you don't want to thread jack :)

daz1201

I'm Pretty Popular
29/9/11
I actually just spent n extra $120 on the RC to get a diver strap w/ Rose gold buckle because that hole in th edeployment is killing me...

you might want to think about that...

Rubberj00

Renowned Member
21/2/09
Nice box... Details on that? Pm me if you don't want to thread jack :)

To late/lazy to pm haha.

The box is from this dude in Germany who handmakes them - he's well know in both rep and gen community.

It started of as 'rainer boxes' google it and you'll see loads of pics etc.

He's got an ebay store now too, which is where i ordered mine from:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/finestboxes/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Really well priced and nicely built - can't recommend enough to be honest, made my collection look 100x nicer compared to my old box.

PS. No thread jack intended :)

Rubberj00

Renowned Member
21/2/09
I actually just spent n extra $120 on the RC to get a diver strap w/ Rose gold buckle because that hole in th edeployment is killing me...

you might want to think about that...

Hole in the deployment? i don't get what you mean, is that on the latest RC?

Rubberj00

Renowned Member
21/2/09
Fair enough.. i mean the rubberclad has the wrong logo, i don't think a tiny indent in the clasp, that sits on the bottom of your wrist is what would give away it's a rep.

Now you've said it, i know it'll start to get to me though :lol1: :frusty::frusty::frusty:

intheshadows

30/8/12
Fair enough.. i mean the rubberclad has the wrong logo, i don't think a tiny indent in the clasp, that sits on the bottom of your wrist is what would give away it's a rep.

Now you've said it, i know it'll start to get to me though :lol1: :frusty::frusty::frusty:

You say its not a big deal now, but other than the date window, hole in the buckle is how I can tell at not-in-your-personal-space-bubble distance if your watch is a rep.

Rubberj00

Renowned Member
21/2/09
You say its not a big deal now, but other than the date window, hole in the buckle is how I can tell at not-in-your-personal-space-bubble distance if your watch is a rep.

But you're a rep owner and you know all the goofy little tells for probably most your reps.

If you hadn't been on this forum and read about it, you'd have no idea! I understand why you think it's a big tell but IMHO if someone know's that the tiny hole on your clasp means it's a rep then they'd also of already told by the crystal/ar on the cyclops and the logo. That's obviously not considering the finishing, a 600$ rep can't be anywhere near the quality of finishing as that of a 40k+ watch - and that would be obvious to anyone who regularly handles AP's.

The biggest tell from 'not-in-your-personal-space-bubble' distance is just the way the watch sits, if you've ever seen or tried on a gen ROO they sit a lot flatter on your wrist, ours are only slightly thicker but it shows - alot.

That's just my opinion but i'm sure now you've said i'll end up getting a new clasp in the near future.

ressmeplz

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/12/12
But you're a rep owner and you know all the goofy little tells for probably most your reps.

If you hadn't been on this forum and read about it, you'd have no idea! I understand why you think it's a big tell but IMHO if someone know's that the tiny hole on your clasp means it's a rep then they'd also of already told by the crystal/ar on the cyclops and the logo. That's obviously not considering the finishing, a 600$ rep can't be anywhere near the quality of finishing as that of a 40k+ watch - and that would be obvious to anyone who regularly handles AP's.

The biggest tell from 'not-in-your-personal-space-bubble' distance is just the way the watch sits, if you've ever seen or tried on a gen ROO they sit a lot flatter on your wrist, ours are only slightly thicker but it shows - alot.

Agree:cheers: