• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The dd 40 is here!

Bullflo3

Supporter
Certified
13/2/18
Do you have a picture of yours? Thanks

VaEJHI.jpg

Had it not been for the gold fading, I would've still had this watch. This photo was from a couple of years ago. However, these RG / green dial Anniversary DD's I'm seeing has peeked my interest. Although I prefer Noobs day font, it appears BP has made some improvements since 3 years ago. May give it a go..

Last edited:
Reactions: Menyphazes

Return.Andrew

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
5/4/20
VaEJHI.jpg

Had it not been for the gold fading, I would've still had this watch. This photo was from a couple of years ago. However, these RG / green dial Anniversary DD's I'm seeing has peeked my interest. Although I prefer Noobs day font, it appears BP has made some improvements since 3 years ago. May give it a go..

Damn, that looks pretty close to gen. Was the gold wearing off that bad?? Any pics of the wearing off?

Bullflo3

Supporter
Certified
13/2/18
Damn, that looks pretty close to gen. Was the gold wearing off that bad?? Any pics of the wearing off?

Here’s the link to my sell thread: https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...w-gold-40mm-presidential-roman-numeral-228238

It was bad enough that I started to feel uncomfortable wearing it so that was my sign to pass it on. At the time i was unaware of getting the watches re-plated by some of the watch modifiers here on the forum, so I’d maybe explore that next time for a watch I really wanted to keep. I’ve had my fair share of gold reps and Noob has been the only one I’ve had wear/fade issues with.

Rolexx

Renowned Member
21/1/15
Resurrecting a good thread, anyone else bought one of these lately?

Vinnies1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/7/20
I want to pull the trigger on one so badly but it's the fading and weight that concerns. Also thought of purchasing one in ss with solid bracelet and then having it 18kt wrapped by flying Tommy. Any thoughts on this appreciated

lucyg00se

Known Member
4/4/18
Here’s the link to my sell thread: https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...w-gold-40mm-presidential-roman-numeral-228238

It was bad enough that I started to feel uncomfortable wearing it so that was my sign to pass it on. At the time i was unaware of getting the watches re-plated by some of the watch modifiers here on the forum, so I’d maybe explore that next time for a watch I really wanted to keep. I’ve had my fair share of gold reps and Noob has been the only one I’ve had wear/fade issues with.

Did you get a lot of attention with that watch? I would love this but I dont like too much attention, plus the inevitable "is it real" question

Bullflo3

Supporter
Certified
13/2/18
Did you get a lot of attention with that watch? I would love this but I dont like too much attention, plus the inevitable "is it real" question

It’s an eye catcher for sure, but I wouldn’t say “a lot” of attention. I’ve never had anyone question it’s authenticity..that will vary person to person though. People who know me would never question it bc of my home, vehicles, etc.

WatchCool90210

20/1/17
Resurrecting a good thread, anyone else bought one of these lately?

replacing a NOOB w a BP as the crown of my noob has fallen out and doesnt wind the watch anymore.

Hoping i get the new BP w the new day font.

Apparently GMF is launching DD 40 w 904L steel.

Return.Andrew

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
5/4/20
this way posted 2 reddit as a BP model QC.

Either BP has changed their dayfont or TDs r selling NOOBS as BP.

Would they do such?

i have a BP DD on orded, will c what my qc looks like.

Yeah... the color matches the color of BP Day Dates, but the day font is not the usual we've seen with BP. I think BP has switched up their day font. Now only the date is not as bold as Noob's dates, BP looks a bit thin

Bullflo3

Supporter
Certified
13/2/18
I saw these, is it just me or are the hands on that RG olive green way too thick?

I think they look close to gen size. In theory, the design of them should reflect light in a certain way to make them appear to be thinner. Those photos don’t capture the light well so they look flatter and more thick. I think they’re fine though.

Gen on left:

VmxzkI.jpg