• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The dd 40 is here!

Kingsman

Renowned Member
24/11/15
Savile Row
been following this thread for months now
did lots of research about DD40
and i'm really tempted to get this one:
4599cba952c578f470f87a3ba6c4f44a.jpg

from the bunch of pics i've seen, it looks to me that excpet for the fat dial markers, Noob is probably superior in quality (bracelet, clasp, crystal, date, day and lume especially)
i think i'll just wait for noob to fix the markers issue.

It's not only the markers, Noob's date sits left, some days' letter spacing is wrong, and probably sits, too, a bit left. For this one, look up the EWF. It was said that they made it with a gen sample, but I have my doubts, since they, too, have the 750 RG stamp on the case.

Farizzl3

Horology Curious
9/6/17
View attachment 79516 The day and date sit slightly low but I can live with it.
Is it normal for the BP DD40 to be unable to self initialize from kinetic movement? For some reason I have to pull out the crown and move it a bit to get the movement started from stop which doesn't seem right to me especially out of the box

arshia

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/4/13
Hi, i purchased a noob daydate 40 yellow gold and i tried to resize the bracelet but the screw at the clasp actually ended up totally breaking and i need to replace it but the screws from the rest of the bracelet dont fit that specific position. Does anyone know what screw is required?
many thanks

Versaceboy54

I <3 DD’s
Certified
26/6/13
NYC
Hi, i purchased a noob daydate 40 yellow gold and i tried to resize the bracelet but the screw at the clasp actually ended up totally breaking and i need to replace it but the screws from the rest of the bracelet dont fit that specific position. Does anyone know what screw is required?
many thanks

Your saying the screw that attaches the clasp to the bracelet is a different size then the ones for the rest of the links?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arshia

28/4/13
Your saying the screw that attaches the clasp to the bracelet is a different size then the ones for the rest of the links?

yes it is a different screw to the rest of the bracelet and i dont know what its called to get a replacement for it haha

Versaceboy54

I <3 DD’s
Certified
26/6/13
NYC

Wow I didn’t know that....I thought they were all the same size. I’d just tell your td what happened and he should be able to get the screw you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AP_ROOD

12/7/16
many thanks
Hey man - do you have any spare links you'd be willing to send me? My YG dd40 bracelet broke off and I'm missing 2 links. It would be greatly appreciated :)

brokeassboi

Horology Curious
30/4/17
I honestly feel like the noob has bp beat in almost every aspect... The BP day font is terrible, the BP coronet is lacking actual depth its very flat, noob is much better. My one gripe with noob is their ROLEX OYSTER PERPETUAL text seems to be just a tad bit too thin on certain dials, mostly the textured/quadrant ones. I guess this is because its a pain in the ass to get the text stamped properly on the tiny ridges.

A near perfect DD40 watch, would somehow be a BP dial, but with the noob coronet and noob day wheel. The other gripe is the bands, but on both bp/noob pretty sure they source the bands from same manufacturer, all flimsy. A few tricks for stiffening up the bands is using this bicycle chain wax lubricant on the screws/friction points, then giving it a good cleaning.

go000ob

Renowned Member
3/11/15
I honestly feel like the noob has bp beat in almost every aspect... The BP day font is terrible, the BP coronet is lacking actual depth its very flat, noob is much better. My one gripe with noob is their ROLEX OYSTER PERPETUAL text seems to be just a tad bit too thin on certain dials, mostly the textured/quadrant ones. I guess this is because its a pain in the ass to get the text stamped properly on the tiny ridges.

A near perfect DD40 watch, would somehow be a BP dial, but with the noob coronet and noob day wheel. The other gripe is the bands, but on both bp/noob pretty sure they source the bands from same manufacturer, all flimsy. A few tricks for stiffening up the bands is using this bicycle chain wax lubricant on the screws/friction points, then giving it a good cleaning.

i have the same impressions
i hope Noob will do some improvements on the DD40
on the other hand i hope ARF will come up with a great version of these

brokeassboi

Horology Curious
30/4/17
i have the same impressions
i hope Noob will do some improvements on the DD40
on the other hand i hope ARF will come up with a great version of these
Everyone seems to be putting their focus on either brand new pieces or older smaller datejusts, I havent heard of anything in the pipes right now as far as new DD40 tooling or versions. Would be great though, I'm pretty sure the noob DD40 is just a few small changes away from being a really really great rep. They even got the SEL down to the point where I swapped out my friends GEN DD40 president band and it looked like a decent fit. Im no pro on SEL though people really analyze that shit.

I honestly think that BP over compensates their ROLEX/OYSTER PERPETUAL stamp in thickness to make up for the textured ridges on the quadrant dials, I would need some white gold DD40 quadrant macro shots to really tell though.

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
A few tricks for stiffening up the bands is using this bicycle chain wax lubricant on the screws/friction points, then giving it a good cleaning.

How would this work? Im interested to know how you could work this to the rest of the bracelet where there are not screws. What brand of wax did you use? Thanks!

Reactions: gabro

Luuat

13/2/18
USA
Just read this whole thread. Anyone recently purchased a DD? Would love to see some updated shots.