• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The dd 40 is here!

D

d4m.test

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I really appreciate the kind words!

One more pic face on:

e885bb88c3f2103623774157a097812f.jpg

Sent from the RWI App

D

d4m.test

@ixnay07 is the day sitting slightly to the left, as well as the date?

I know that noobfactory has difficulties with the alignment of the day and date. Dates are indeed aligned too far to the left.
Not sure about the day in this picture tho.

Sent from the RWI App

D

d4m.test

I know that noobfactory has difficulties with the alignment of the day and date. Dates are indeed aligned too far to the left.
Not sure about the day in this picture tho.

Sent from the RWI App

Hi Kingsman, Sakal,

The Friday in the picture seems okay (for my standards) lol.

While setting the watch for the first time, I did go through the days really quickly and nothing horrible caught my eye (but then again I'm not fussy or detailed); but i DID notice some of the dates were more misaligned than others.

But I accept that it's a rep and me not being fussy about these things, I am overall okay with the flaws (including that not all days and dates will be well-aligned).

Sent from the RWI App

Kingsman

Renowned Member
24/11/15
Savile Row
Dammit, I'd hope they would fix that. I mean, they have a better day font, and a cleaner clasp but I guess BP is still the way...

D

d4m.test

Hi Kingsman, Sakal,

Here are a few QC pics (previously received) of my watch face on -- they show different days and dates -- hope they are of some help to you!

I personally think for this Noob the quality of the alignment will be very watch-dependent.

All the best guys!

8411397154ca4da40690a915afe909d6.jpg

d88ae2e79ce2cd532589d223e100f185.jpg

7fa59c45539a92adc37a5e8672e0aacb.jpg

Sent from the RWI App

Kingsman

Renowned Member
24/11/15
Savile Row
@ixnay07 definitely, consistency is not a given in this world. But I do hope Noob fixes those "hiccups" at some point... I still think its a beautiful watch though

Versaceboy54

I <3 DD’s
Certified
26/6/13
NYC
The one main thing that bugs me about the Noob version is that
SA T URDAY and I've seen this issue on every Noob DD40 so far.

They can get the font rite but mess up the spacing lol typical!

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
24/7/11
There are a few issues with that Noob that I can see improvements on

1) the green is not accurate to gen
2) The day wheel is decent but like Versace said above the spacing is screwed on some dates. So you have BP either that days are too large or Noob where the day font size is ok but has wrong spacing

So its up to you what you can live with.

macccaz

Horology Curious
11/7/17
Hi, I just got it today / just resized the bracelet and put it on my wrist, but definitely think it's great!

I did read that the Noob olive green is not even close to / as deep a green as gen; BP is better for the coloured dials.

I've never seen a gen dial; but personally I do enjoy the Noob green dial and it does look different under different lighting (it has the shimmery textured effect coloured dials are supposed to have)

It's quite a comfortable watch on the wrist / feels solid but not too heavy like the rep AP ROO I got (I have skinny wrists) / the bracelet feels quite smooth (not "sharp-feeling" like the rep AP SS bracelet)

I got Noob because I really didn't like the BP day font lol, and I don't know enough to swap it out myself [emoji24]

Caveat for the above is that I am a newbie and just enjoy the looks of reps / not technical / not very fussy either! :p

85cd68258d085626f9dfd82c3d70d80c.jpg

Sent from the RWI App

I can only speak for the olive green dial but the noob dial is way off gen, I have BP and have had this on wrist next to gen and its very close on the RG version which makes a difference.

The noob day font is very good (alignment issues aside) and this is the main let down of the BP.

D

d4m.test

I can only speak for the olive green dial but the noob dial is way off gen, I have BP and have had this on wrist next to gen and its very close on the RG version which makes a difference.

The noob day font is very good (alignment issues aside) and this is the main let down of the BP.

Yes agree.

Can you share some pictures too please?

Thanks!

Sent from the RWI App

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
24/7/11

Why didnt you take a picture when you had it next to the gen? Alot of ppl say this but I find it quite funny that in this situation they wouldnt have spent 5 seconds taking a picture to compare with the gen. That or they are just lying.

Just my 2c from experience when ppl say "Ive had it next to the gen"

ryantunna

I'm Pretty Popular
8/7/14
Has anyone had any experience frankening with the noob or the bp? Gen day wheel/date/crystal/dial?

noobwatch76

I am serious. And don’t call me Shirley
Patron
Certified
6/7/16
Texas
Hi everyone! just joined and looking to get my first rep watch soon, looking at getting the ice blue day-date, which one do you guys recommend as far as being the most accurate in terms of movement & looks? really appreciate it, thanks in advance!

What's the best sub??

10edf6e1bfde933dee428139a01061d2.png

Versaceboy54

I <3 DD’s
Certified
26/6/13
NYC
Has anyone had any experience frankening with the noob or the bp? Gen day wheel/date/crystal/dial?

Gen. Parts are extremely hard to find for this watch and if you do find them they are extremely expensive. That said the only part I know that fits for sure is the gen xstal on the BP.

For the gen dial, Since this movement is essentially a 2836 to get it to fit you are going to need to cut the feet and use dial dots to get it to stick onto the movement.

You will also run into issues with gen day and date wheels bc the gen movement is completely different your going to need to sand down both day and date wheels very thin to get them to fit as an overlay.

There may also be other compatibility issues and things that I don't even know about so keep that in mind but these are the basics.

ryantunna

I'm Pretty Popular
8/7/14
Gen. Parts are extremely hard to find for this watch and if you do find them they are extremely expensive. That said the only part I know that fits for sure is the gen xstal on the BP.

For the gen dial, Since this movement is essentially a 2836 to get it to fit you are going to need to cut the feet and use dial dots to get it to stick onto the movement.

You will also run into issues with gen day and date wheels bc the gen movement is completely different your going to need to sand down both day and date wheels very thin to get them to fit as an overlay.

There may also be other compatibility issues and things that I don't even know about so keep that in mind but these are the basics.

Thanks for the response. Yeah this watch just isn't good enough out of the box. If frankening is off the table I'll just leave it alone. Cheers for your input

go000ob

Renowned Member
3/11/15
been following this thread for months now
did lots of research about DD40
and i'm really tempted to get this one:
4599cba952c578f470f87a3ba6c4f44a.jpg

from the bunch of pics i've seen, it looks to me that excpet for the fat dial markers, Noob is probably superior in quality (bracelet, clasp, crystal, date, day and lume especially)
i think i'll just wait for noob to fix the markers issue.

Farizzl3

Horology Curious
9/6/17
Just got my BP. Blown away by everything except one aspect... opening the clasp is tricky and made trickier by the fact that my nail can easily dent the middle links. Never realized how soft those were