• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Curious Case Of "Benjamin" Franken

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
you're right T. But rep screws to me seems very dull and unpleasing to my eyes. I wanted something to compliment the brillance of the gen white gold hands.

Polishing won't do, as it would look "too new" to me for such an old watch. Therefore, I picked the option of plating, to give it the shine I want and preserving the marks of a used watch. :)

Something new learnt. I’ll get the bezel screws on my gen ROOs plated in white gold next time as the polishing AP normally does just won’t do.

QueTip you want to join me for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure and QueTip

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
you're right T. But rep screws to me seems very dull and unpleasing to my eyes. I wanted something to compliment the brillance of the gen white gold hands.

Polishing won't do, as it would look "too new" to me for such an old watch. Therefore, I picked the option of plating, to give it the shine I want and preserving the marks of a used watch. :)
That's like you're restoring a crashed cars paint because you want to preserve its past glory days. :lol: :qtip2:

Reactions: legend

AlphaProt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/3/19
New Zealand
Something new learnt. I’ll get the bezel screws on my gen ROOs plated in white gold next time as the polishing AP normally does just won’t do.

QueTip you want to join me for this?

dont bother. Im happy to swap with mine. lol.

fuck you guys are killing me hahahahaha. Oh well! WG screws it is!

Reactions: Tompa and QueTip

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
You been thinking about WG plating your pushers? Might as well

Hahah that would look realy cool ;) go for it Down_under :)

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

AlphaProt

Advisor
24/3/19
New Zealand
Hahah that would look realy cool ;) go for it Down_under :)

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

this thread is gonna be memorable.

My Benjamin will look like a shiny goldfish or should I say "white gold" fish.

Reactions: Tompa

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
dont bother. Im happy to swap with mine. lol.

fuck you guys are killing me hahahahaha. Oh well! WG screws it is!

Its just a joke Down_under my friend.

To be perfectly candid, the looks of SS and WG over such a small area will be easily missed in real life unless you are deliberately scrutinizing it.
Even WG watch cases can get mistaken for SS sometimes. The bezel screws have a relatively small surface area, so like I said, the differences between a highly polished SS and WG can easily be missed and its no big deal at all. WG or SS, you should enjoy your watch as it is: an AP franken. In worst case, the plating can be easily removed with metal polish, but that is redundant IMHO.
It is not as though you have plated the screws with YG or RG! Take it easy buddy, lol. :hehehe:

AlphaProt

Advisor
24/3/19
New Zealand
Its just a joke Down_under my friend.

To be perfectly candid, the looks of SS and WG over such a small area will be easily missed in real life unless you are deliberately scrutinizing it.
Even WG watch cases can get mistaken for SS sometimes. The bezel screws have a relatively small surface area, so like I said, the differences between a highly polished SS and WG can easily be missed and its no big deal at all. WG or SS, you should enjoy your watch as it is: an AP franken. In worst case, the plating can be easily removed with metal polish, but that is redundant IMHO.
It is not as though you have plated the screws with YG or RG! Take it easy buddy, lol. :hehehe:

Haha thanks Legend. I know it's a joke that's why I was laughing too! The project continues!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
[mention]Down_under [/mention]need something blink blink. Lol

An ROO is already an eye catching watch for most people. The only exception is QueTip who feels the intense need to put ice on everything he owns: watches, cars, jewellery, mobile phone, and even his apartment walls.
They don’t call him the Diamond Bachelor for nothing.

AlphaProt

Advisor
24/3/19
New Zealand
An ROO is already an eye catching watch for most people. The only exception is QueTip who feels the intense need to put ice on everything he owns: watches, cars, jewellery, mobile phone, and even his apartment walls.
They don’t call him the Diamond Bachelor for nothing.

THE LEGENDARY DB!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Translation: you didn’t know ROO bezel screws are stainless steel and had them plated in white gold by mistake. :hehehe:

Reactions: Allure

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Translation: you didn’t know ROO bezel screws are stainless steel and had them plated in white gold by mistake. :hehehe: