• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Curious Case Of "Benjamin" Franken

Amguy1

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
25/9/18

Send these bad boy to have the crown hole filled for re-drilling later.

because of these cases are expensive and pretty hard to source (well at least to me), I don't want to ruin anything. I went ahead and drawn up AutoCAD version of what the case is supposed to look like in order to fit the LWO283 movement. With this I can plan and ask Zeula to perform the work as accurate to this as possible.

Here are the 3d drawn up of the case and the movement holder.

I can produce 3D printed parts if required ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amguy1

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
25/9/18
yeah nah, thank you.

93da8d35d2f24c84e51977cea39733d5.jpg

Anything can be made cheap and fast in a wide range of materials

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
No probs, I work in auto prototype industry and they come in handy for quick prototyping. Cheers

Amguy1 I think this is not the place for you to promote your services here. Firstly, I think Down_under already knows what he wants to achieve, and the things he has to do to achieve that end result. He was not exactly seeking help or looking for alternatives.
A 3D printed watch case is not impossible. Quite the opposite actually, but guys do have their own preferences to get their own watches built. Your idea is ahead of its time and I am definitely not discounting it. But this thread was started by the OP to share his franken journey, and I think any form of soliciting or gratuitous offers should be PMed instead of put into a dedicated sharing thread.

AlphaProt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/3/19
New Zealand
Amguy1 I think this is not the place for you to promote your services here. Firstly, I think Down_under already knows what he wants to achieve, and the things he has to do to achieve that end result. He was not exactly seeking help or looking for alternatives.
A 3D printed watch case is not impossible. Quite the opposite actually, but guys do have their own preferences to get their own watches built. Your idea is ahead of its time and I am definitely not discounting it. But this thread was started by the OP to share his franken journey, and I think any form of soliciting or gratuitous offers should be PMed instead of put into a dedicated sharing thread.

well said legend. Plus I dont think he's aware of his status?

Reactions: legend

Amguy1

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
25/9/18
well said legend. Plus I dont think he's aware of his status?

I’m well aware and it was something or nothing. I’m not promoting as such only looking to help if required. 3D printing is for fast cheap concepts. Ie movement holders etc..

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I’m well aware and it was something or nothing. I’m not promoting as such only looking to help if required. 3D printing is for fast cheap concepts. Ie movement holders etc..

Usually before an AP franken project starts, the owner already knows what to do to complete his build. Sometimes it takes more time and and sometimes less, but he will almost always get there.

When one has a "DO NOT TRADE WITH ME" status, it is never "nothing". You may know your own story but nobody else does (except maybe the crew). How will you expect anyone to trust you with providing assistance if your membership is not in good standing? Anyway it is much appreciated if you can keep the thread in the same vein it was started for: to share the progress and pics of a specific watch. Nothing against you whatsoever. I am personally interested in this franken and will like to see the journey unfold without hindrance or interruptions. Thank you.

Reactions: Allure

Amguy1

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
25/9/18
Likewise ????

Zeula

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/9/17
Harem
[mention]Down_under [/mention] your WG plated for bezel's screws and case back screws are done bro.

The next step will be movement holder and mid case modded.

Please be noted. WG plated is on the right, on the left is stock jf ss.

329de33ed84d889a81d9e32234779402.jpg

1256f9fd3b151603bec1669d32adbca5.jpg

cb79892d3711ebbb8eb1073228478417.jpg

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Shouldt the screws be in SS steel? White gold are on the Royal oaks, or Im wrong?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Shouldt the screws be in SS steel? White gold are on the Royal oaks, or Im wrong?

You are correct on this detail. The bezel screws on the royal oak offshores should be steel. White gold bezel screws are only for the royal oaks.

Reactions: Allure and Tompa

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Last edited:
Reactions: Tompa

Zeula

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/9/17
Harem
You are correct on this detail. The bezel screws on the royal oak offshores should be steel. White gold bezel screws are only for the royal oaks.

[mention]Down_under [/mention]need something blink blink. Lol

AlphaProt

Advisor
24/3/19
New Zealand

you're right T. But rep screws to me seems very dull and unpleasing to my eyes. I wanted something to compliment the brillance of the gen white gold hands.

Polishing won't do, as it would look "too new" to me for such an old watch. Therefore, I picked the option of plating, to give it the shine I want and preserving the marks of a used watch. :)