• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Best Replica AP Ever

uphoto

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/6/18
Are the ETA 7750 any better? Or is it just the 12sec thing that's the killer no matter what? Putting another movement into a ROO would be worth the money wouldn't it? If you're putting hundreds into one for a new crystal and other mods.

ossi

30/4/15
Are the ETA 7750 any better? Or is it just the 12sec thing that's the killer no matter what? Putting another movement into a ROO would be worth the money wouldn't it? If you're putting hundreds into one for a new crystal and other mods.

This only works if you go Franken (~4.000 USD). Good Luck with that :)

llvicente1023

31/8/17
I had two 7750, one gold RubberClad and one fully modded 44mm FC. Both died in good time. Never again! But that’s what i wrote: IMHO ;-)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Wow, Thats tough luck my fellow forum mate. Twice in a row? Too bad... Like what i read, its a Hit or miss. Mine got running for 8 years straight with no service at all but im wearing it as my daily beater and ending up in the winder during the weekend.

Might as well try another one. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
I still think the Bumblebee, the 44mm FC, various Divers (Noob, JF, XF), the RB2, the Volcano, the JF 15400, and the Lebron James are great achievements. I still have not really changed my opinion on the best. But once you immerse yourself in the enlarged transparency of detail, then you will want to Franken or skip them all. The ultimate problem is that all of these APs are chunky, heavy, large watches that many consider tasteless. There are work-arounds with case thinning, etc. but that does not change the fact that these are watches for nouveau riche nouveau montres consumer.

Reactions: superyl

SBM

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
25/1/17
Yep! Service, DW, 2AR etc

And it still broke? >: Thats wierd, had mine for 5 months, nothing yet. What broke on urs?

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
I'd say : 44mm Forged Carbon JF
44mm Schumi JF
42mm Panda
42mm FC Bumble Bee JF
42mm Chronopassion by JF

ossi

30/4/15
And it still broke? >: Thats wierd, had mine for 5 months, nothing yet. What broke on urs?

The RC one just stopped running every 5 min (Ryan changed it for free) and the FC (serviced by zocker4711 - not his fault, just to be clear!!) had no automatic wind after a while. Had to do it by hand every morning.

The Daytona I did not mention before stopped running every 3-4 hours.

So 3/3 7750 failed! Never again! :(

llvicente1023

31/8/17
The RC one just stopped running every 5 min (Ryan changed it for free) and the FC (serviced by zocker4711 - not his fault, just to be clear!!) had no automatic wind after a while. Had to do it by hand every morning.

The Daytona I did not mention before stopped running every 3-4 hours.

So 3/3 7750 failed! Never again! :(

Now i can perceive your disappointment. Cross fingers hoping it would not die on me as i was still enjoying it. After all the efforts youve been through, you must have developed PTSD. :(

ossi

30/4/15
Now i can perceive your disappointment. Cross fingers hoping it would not die on me as i was still enjoying it. After all the efforts youve been through, you must have developed PTSD. :(

Dont worry, I just ordered the DIver v9 and already agreed with Dirk to get it modded. :) I will post the results!

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Dont worry, I just ordered the DIver v9 and already agreed with Dirk to get it modded. :) I will post the results!

The use of modders as an insurance policy on all possible future problems (not referencing ossi at all, he has been realistic w.r.t. to his demands on Dirk) for these replicas is a little unfair. That said, I am sorry to hear you had so many problem with these elegant 16mm thick seduction machines. It almost seems you got an unfair place on the Bell curve of known Chinese manufacturing defects.

ossi

30/4/15
The use of modders as an insurance policy on all possible future problems (not referencing ossi at all, he has been realistic w.r.t. to his demands on Dirk) for these replicas is a little unfair. That said, I am sorry to hear you had so many problem with these elegant 16mm thick seduction machines. It almost seems you got an unfair place on the Bell curve of known Chinese manufacturing defects.

Nothing to add here! :) It's Chinese technology we buy, therefore we have to live with any flaw and we all should know the risk, although it can be frustrating!

superyl

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/17
Divers are more reliable but the divers are the most depreciated model for gen. 18k retail amd sellimg for 13k

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

uphoto

Banned
5/6/18
Divers are more reliable but the divers are the most depreciated model for gen. 18k retail amd sellimg for 13k

Does that really matter though in the rep world? I mean that's getting pretty petty don't you think? "I only want a fake version of a watch that doesn't depreciate"? ;)

I say if you like the way the watch looks and don't want to spend money on a gen then buy it!

superyl

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/17
Does that really matter though in the rep world? I mean that's getting pretty petty don't you think? "I only want a fake version of a watch that doesn't depreciate"? ;)

I say if you like the way the watch looks and don't want to spend money on a gen then buy it!
Yes it is indeed very petty. I was just giving a fact that divers dont get much love from ap community. I like the diver a lot, owned a fully modded one:)

uphoto

Banned
5/6/18
Yes it is indeed very petty. I was just giving a fact that divers dont get much love from ap community. I like the diver a lot, owned a fully modded one:)

It's true they tend to not get the love. I'm going back and forth on getting a 15706 with the low beat ETA right now actually.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
In the AP community there are Diver lovers and there are Diver haters. Problem is: Diver is an Offshore, with the chunky thickness, and it gets tiring and bit boring to wear it all the time. So people flip them without much thought. That drives the price down. Still, original SS Diver is a classic design. There was a rumor that AP would discontinue it, which bumped the price a bit, because of panic premium, but a large number of Divers exist so supply/demand is on the buyers side still.

RepJelly

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/7/18
There's a reason that the classics (Royal oak, Nautilus, sub, Daytona, etc) haven't changed much over the years and watches like the ROO, Hublot (all flavors) have zillions of editions. Classic designs are timeless while the others need constant revisions and special editions to keep people interested. Sure, overall sizes may have changed but will the RO ever get "old?" Even if it's not for you, it's like a 911... Same basic design will last many generations.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
I like it when a brand hits payday on a LE of some classic: the Bumblebee, the Montauk Highway, those are home runs on the Offshore. Even the FC and White Cer Diver are home runs. Bu there are a lot of failed spin-offs, and if you cannot sense them you are the loser at the card game.