• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Belkin12 Panerai Build Appreciation Thread - Post Yours Here

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
With the demise of the great Panerai rep producing factories such as Noob & Hfac, David Sen's retirement and Eddie Lee's disappearance we are not left with many options for high quality Panerai reps these days. Long gone are the days when factories would need to compete against one another to produce the most accurate super reps in order to gain market share, so the factories that remain are able to push out (mostly) mediocre Panerai reps with little fear of failure due to the lack of competition. VSF/SBF are producing some quality Panerai reps but there doesn't seem to be much focus on the development of new models or (more sadly) reproducing any of the Panerai classics.

We are extremely lucky to have a few individuals in the rep Panerai hobby with the tools, skills and perhaps more importantly a detailed understanding of the finer points of the case shapes, fonts, materials and finishes of the massive variety of Panerai models. Above all this is the passion for the brand, history and design aesthetic - otherwise, why bother?

For me, @Belkin12 is by far the best builder of Panerai replicas that we have available to our hobby at the moment and I'm lucky to have several of his builds in my collection and look forward to adding several more in the future. He doesn't have the equipment to fabricate his own cases, though his skill at reshaping cases that are available to him paired with his incredible dials, movements and finishing produce beautiful results.

I wanted to start a thread where we can all post our Belkin12 builds to showcase and admire them in one place - so please post pictures and any details you want to share of your buillds. If you used one of his dials in build of your own, those are more than welcome also.

I'll start with my most recent addition, the pre-A 001:

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
Next up is my 021. This was not a full Belkin12 build but started as a rare DSN 021 which had a really nicely done dark brown dial, gold hands and 'clone' of the Rolex 618 movement. Unfortunately the DSN 021 case was terrible - the geometry was way off, resulting in an overall shape that was too round and just odd looking.

Belkin was able to modify a 'cartel' 47mm Rad case - adding amazingly detailed engravings from the 021 along with the correct caseback and crown.

The gen 021 has welded lugs (as did the DSN), though swapping straps easily is important to me so I was fine with going with the removable lugs.

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
Here's the 992. The dial is amazing - hard to capture the accurate texture Belkin12 achieved. The 'frosted' case surface is also perfect. Hopefully one day the lost package containing the P5000 deco plate that was intended for this build turns up..!

Last edited:

pam63C

Supporter
Certified
12/2/23
Asia
Here's the 992. The dial is amazing - hard to capture the accurate texture Belkin12 achieved. The 'frosted' case surface is also perfect. Hopefully one day the lost package containing the P5000 deco plate that was intended for this build turns up..!

I always like the simple 45mm Radiomir. The 992 is such a nice reference.

Hope Belkin can introduce some 42mm Radiomir too.

Reactions: catana1981

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
With the demise of the great Panerai rep producing factories such as Noob & Hfac, David Sen's retirement and Eddie Lee's disappearance we are not left with many options for high quality Panerai reps these days. Long gone are the days when factories would need to compete against one another to produce the most accurate super reps in order to gain market share, so the factories that remain are able to push out (mostly) mediocre Panerai reps with little fear of failure due to the lack of competition. VSF/SBF are producing some quality Panerai reps but there doesn't seem to be much focus on the development of new models or (more sadly) reproducing any of the Panerai classics.

We are extremely lucky to have a few individuals in the rep Panerai hobby with the tools, skills and perhaps more importantly a detailed understanding of the finer points of the case shapes, fonts, materials and finishes of the massive variety of Panerai models. Above all this is the passion for the brand, history and design aesthetic - otherwise, why bother?

For me, @Belkin12 is by far the best builder of Panerai replicas that we have available to our hobby at the moment and I'm lucky to have several of his builds in my collection and look forward to adding several more in the future. He doesn't have the equipment to fabricate his own cases, though his skill at reshaping cases that are available to him paired with his incredible dials, movements and finishing produce beautiful results.

I wanted to start a thread where we can all post our Belkin12 builds to showcase and admire them in one place - so please post pictures and any details you want to share of your buillds. If you used one of his dials in build of your own, those are more than welcome also.

I'll start with my most recent addition, the pre-A 001:

I'll send you my address... this and all the others posted so far are STUNNING!

Reactions: Woundup

donkacper

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
Ok guys, besides being an amazing watch builder, @Belkin12 is also a great guy to deal with, a perfect gentleman.

Here is his version of the Pam605 that he build for me, this is 47mm version with a plexi. The dial is simply amazing.

3T27Bn.jpg

3T2v5E.jpg

3T2sb2.jpg

3T2MTt.jpg

3T24oF.jpg

3T2wD5.jpg

3T2dMp.jpg

3T2X1b.jpg

3T2TKi.jpg

3T2CNX.jpg

3T2ptc.jpg

Watch-addict

Renowned Member
23/5/15
U.K
Ok guys, besides being an amazing watch builder, @Belkin12 is also a great guy to deal with, a perfect gentleman.

Here is his version of the Pam605 that he build for me, this is 47mm version with a plexi. The dial is simply amazing.

3T27Bn.jpg

3T2v5E.jpg

3T2sb2.jpg

3T2MTt.jpg

3T24oF.jpg

3T2wD5.jpg

3T2dMp.jpg

3T2X1b.jpg

3T2TKi.jpg

3T2CNX.jpg

3T2ptc.jpg
That dial is stunning!😎

Wear in good health

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18

Yeah - he's a pretty cool dude as well... He also uses the best stamps ever to post your watch with!

Love the 605 / Attirail combo K. Thanks for posting it for us to enjoy.

Last edited:

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
The first watch I received from B12 was this 036 that started off as a Ti DSN build that he used as a 'donor'. I had a few DSN watches and knew that they can be really good or not so good - when I received this 036, Belkin's skill was obvious. Here are the specs as I purchased it:

- Solid titanium DSN engraved case set, refinished and rebrushed.
- 3mm single dome sapphire crystal (AR removed).
- Gen like triple-gasket spring loaded Ti48 crown + custom made tube. New o-rings.
- Thick Ti CG (manufacturer not defined).
- Thick CB, refinished and properly engraved.
- Dial with correct fonts and layout. Tritium tone indices. Silvered and "98" stamped backplate with dial feet.
- Pre-v hands.
- Flattened and polished cannon pinion.
- Rep movement, cleaned, oiled and adjusted. Brass 0.6mm movement holder which prevents from any dancing inside the case.
- improved water resistance.
- 2.5mm Ti lug tubes.

The original movement was nice and had been fully cleaned / serviced by B12, though it wasn't as accurate as I would like - in particular it didn't have an adjustment 'dagger'. Ironically, not long after I received it, I was having a couple of frankens built by Marlin and just happened to send him a few pictures of the 036 to ask his opinion on what options there might be for the movement and he replied to say that he had the perfect movement for it. I'm not certain on the origins of this movement (nor is Marlin), so I would welcome education from the real experts here... Marlin performed several of his mods to the movement and then installed it in this 036, turning it into a pretty special replica watch - DSN / B12 / Marlin with a custom Horween strap by Cordes.

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
This 249 build is another combination of @Belkin12 and Marlin - B12's amazing dial, hands and fully engraved case set and a NOS Noob 6497 movement that has had Marlin's complete suite of 'Swiss hybrid' modifications. The strap shown is a very rare OEM Panerai 'Pharaoh Gold' 27/26mm with the factory GFP buckle - it was the strap that came with the Panerai 341 EGI originally.

Last edited:

pam63C

Supporter
Certified
12/2/23
Asia
This 249 build is another combination of @Belkin12 and Marlin - B12's amazing dial, hands and fully engraved case set and a NOS Noob 6497 movement that has had Marlin's complete suite of 'Swiss hybrid' modifications. The strap shown is a very rare OEM Panerai 'Pharaoh Gold' 27/26mm with the factory GFP buckle - it was the strap that came with the Panerai 341 EGI originally.

This is a AAA+ build, simply magnificent.

I hope Belkin can introduce some 45mm Radiomir and I am all ready for one.

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
I hope Belkin can introduce some 45mm Radiomir and I am all ready for one.

You and I both. I'm definitely getting something build buy @Belkin12 , but I would love to have a 45mm Radiomir as well.

pam63C

Supporter
Certified
12/2/23
Asia
You and I both. I'm definitely getting something build buy @Belkin12 , but I would love to have a 45mm Radiomir as well.
Do let me know should you able to convince Belkin to build a 45mm Radiomir. We can do a joint order to entice him to do so.

I will be especially interested in one with a reliable movement ( hidden behind a closed caseback) with a simple two lined dial such as 210, 1334, 1335 and 1350.