• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The 1016: The Under Appreciated Thread

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
I thought I was the only one who carried a Parker jotter and field notes haha. Great combo. Thinking about upgrading to a tactile turn pen...

Ha. and here I am all nonchalantly not even knowing it was cool lol

Ive had this pen for years , not sure where it came from , I think it was my fathers I liked it because of the aarow clip . I was visiting a potential client that afternoon so I pulled out the fancy pen but usually I have a black plastic matching field notes brand ball point with my not pad.

oh and I'm a graph paper guy .

It was a new book today for the new project my last one was hanging on by a thread.

Reactions: IAmRobTV

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
I thought I was the only one who carried a Parker jotter and field notes haha. Great combo. Thinking about upgrading to a tactile turn pen...

Ive had this pen for years , not sure where it came from , I think it was my fathers I liked it because of the aarow clip . I was visiting a potential client that afternoon so I pulled out the fancy pen but usually I have a black plastic matching field notes brand ball point with my not pad.

It was a new book today for the new project my last one was hanging on by a thread.

looking into the pen a bit more they have changed the design the new model available has a metal ring that is part of the clip where as mine is built into the side of the pen. The clip on my pen is arrow shaped and has more details than the current model offered the arrow image is stamped into the clip .

I hope you didnt just start me on another obsession lol damnit.

bigkat725

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/6/19

looking into the pen a bit more they have changed the design the new model available has a metal ring that is part of the clip where as mine is built into the side of the pen. The clip on my pen is arrow shaped and has more details than the current model offered the arrow image is stamped into the clip .

I hope you didnt just start me on another obsession lol damnit.
Not to derail things but I would definitely look into Rhodia paper as well as write in the rain. IN terms of pens, look at tactical turn! Good luck friend

Reactions: 369mafia

paul837

5/11/19
Does anyone have a gilt and a matte dial available for presentation along side each other?

paul837

5/11/19
Can anyone tell me where to buy space dweller dial in gilt? Preferably at low cost like raffles.
Thank you

paul837

5/11/19
The Dial is Yuki eta dial
Case is JMB with a Clarks T21 crystal
The T21 and T22 are different diameter and JMB makes the bezel to fit the crystal you wish to use. Both crystals fit the mid case...but the bezel is the difference
Is that a matte dial then?

freebalkany

24/8/21
34d2a1e2887b6d5a278d390e11a9bde7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry to ask way later, we’ve already established it’s a yuki dial, do you know where the hands come from? Thanks

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
So there's no gilt space dwellers around? Your white text+white indice's looks nice too :) I might have to venture outside of the RafflesDials, dial's soon!

not that I have found Maybe MQ might have one but I have not seen it .

my 1016 is a yuki dial I think they are mia at the moment. but raffles does offer a new option thats decent for the price but my current favorite are the Ruby dials.

Reactions: paul837

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
So there's no gilt space dwellers around? Your white text+white indice's looks nice too :) I might have to venture outside of the RafflesDials, dial's soon!

not that I have found Maybe MQ might have one but I have not seen it .

my 1016 is a yuki dial I think they are mia at the moment. but raffles does offer a new option thats decent for the price but my current favorite are the Ruby dials.

ToeKnee

Supporter
Certified
13/7/17
I'm thinking about building a 1016 of my own. Any advice would be appreciated. Here's what I'm thinking.

Raffles for Dial, Hands, Crown and Bracelet. (Unless the group thinks MoChaCha dials are a much better option)
ETA 2824 movement.
Vietnam case

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Reactions: 369mafia