• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The 1016: The Under Appreciated Thread

Hrcworks

22/6/22
Thank you sir, not too computer savy

Vietnam case
Viet gilt dial
Asian 2824 movement
Clark hands
Aftermarket crown and tube
Vietnam 7206 bracelet

Last edited:
Reactions: 369mafia

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
It does look great. The crystals Ruby uses are quite a bit taller than gen I do like them however the proportions of the gen are perfect. natrually

Reactions: Hrcworks

bigkat725

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/6/19
Has anyone ever seen a rep with the "lollipop" marker at 6 o'clock. This has always been my favorite dial variation of the 1016 and I have never seen a rep. Gens are outrageous as one would expect

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
Has anyone ever seen a rep with the "lollipop" marker at 6 o'clock. This has always been my favorite dial variation of the 1016 and I have never seen a rep. Gens are outrageous as one would expect
oh yes the infamous '62 exclamation dial ! That is one of my personal faves as well.
I have not seen a rep example however you could take a raffles dial or early chapter ring dial and add the pip however the cornet is specific to that time

bigkat725

21/6/19
Damn, I was really hoping someone was going to tell me there was an option available but I suppose I should be thanking you for saving me money chasing this all down

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
Damn, I was really hoping someone was going to tell me there was an option available but I suppose I should be thanking you for saving me money chasing this all down
Where there is a will , there is a way. you may be able to convince a dial maker to create one for you

actually the raffles dial cornet isnt that far off ....it was my plan to add the dot to one...

bigkat725

21/6/19
Would a dial maker be the direct dial maker ie MQ watches? Or are we talking a forum member who builds stuff like yodog? This is a bit new to me so apologies for my lack of knowledge. Thanks in advance!

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
Would a dial maker be the direct dial maker ie MQ watches? Or are we talking a forum member who builds stuff like yodog? This is a bit new to me so apologies for my lack of knowledge. Thanks in advance!
Either really.
more likely a member here that is making dials check out the decal dial thread and there may be someone in there willing to take on the job .

bigkat725

21/6/19
Stellar! Thank you. I suppose I will start researching. Down the rabbit hole we go...

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Looks like all it is is a dab of lume.

bigkat725

21/6/19
Looks like all it is is a dab of lume.
Its funny when you put it like this because, although youre totally right, I think many would pay THOUSANDS extra for this dial variation in the gen watch market. Vintage has calmed down a bit but this kind of stuff still holds a lot of value for collectors.

bigkat725

21/6/19
I thought I was the only one who carried a Parker jotter and field notes haha. Great combo. Thinking about upgrading to a tactile turn pen...