• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The 1016: The Under Appreciated Thread

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
Any chance you could illustrate the difference with some examples? This was made based off a genuine 6610 service dial.
If you happen to have clear front facing picture of a non service genuine 6610 dial... I could make the vector again.

Yes
First one is a Ruby dial frim viet. Notice the blocky numerals

Second is gen. Thinner profile

Gen

Reactions: Erect

WatchN3RD

24/7/18
No offense taken. I sent a bunch of screen shots of dials, and a bunch of the jpgs from the Decal Printed dials thread to an artist on FFiver, who cleaned them up and converted them to vector files. They do have flaws, and could probably benefit from some tweaking, but it does allow me to print decal dials without the pixelation that comes from using smaller jpg images.

I paid quite a bit to convert a couple hundred files that I had, and some are very good, while some need a bit of work. If you're familar with working with svg files (I am not, lol) you could probably tweak them to fix the flaws. I'm happy to share them, if you're happy to share any "improvements" that you make with me and anyone else in the community bit by the bug (basically, the folks in this thread, lol).
I tried the same,m on Fiverr, and I initially got a shitty photoshop job using the "cutout" or "paint daubs", etc filter, followed by select all, "convert to paths."
Anything of substance needs a human touch. Here's a regular 8.5 x 11 sized paper where I drew it by hand because AI just can't replicate the human touch. It has its flaws, but those are the flaws of a human. Algorithms can't replicate the human element unless your initial specimen is already perfect.

Reactions: 369mafia

WatchN3RD

24/7/18
I tried the same,m on Fiverr, and I initially got a shitty photoshop job using the "cutout" or "paint daubs", etc filter, followed by select all, "convert to paths."
Anything of substance needs a human touch. Here's a regular 8.5 x 11 sized paper where I drew it by hand because AI just can't replicate the human touch. It has its flaws, but those are the flaws of a human. Algorithms can't replicate the human element unless your initial specimen is already perfect.
Point is... it's an artist's interpretation of an artist's work. It's not an algorithm that is designed to fit most applications.

d1d1ka

Horology Curious
14/4/18
A mochacha dial appeared in the classifieds for a good price, I am pleased with the HR dial but I was curious if the Mochacha dial would be a step up.

Arrived today and I’m very pleased with it the printing is really crisp and the lume has a nice 3D texture to it.

(HR on left)

[url=https://clickpix.org/image/2633C734-6F1A-46F1-9968-5AF6F0C0EAD6.3grkts] [/URL]

The problem now is my hands (new white lume) do not match the aged lume of the dial. Could anyone recommend any good options to achieve a similar colour?

I did a good bit of searching and I think this is my current preference (link below) as it looks like a good novice option I’m just wondering if it will give me the desired colour?

Tinting lume with tea
Where does one find this HR dial?

WatchN3RD

24/7/18
Crap, I just noticed the high resolution picture I used as a basis must've been from a photo with a more round crystal or a taken from macro lens. The "TER PERPE" in Oyster Perpetual is totally warped. Still easier to fix than a blurred hi-resolution photo, but it's worth noting for anyone who might be in search of the right photo to replicate an unaffordable dial.
"Naked" dials are best for proportions, so compare those to the actual photo you are using. The right lense or the right plexi crystal can throw all the dial details out of perspective. It's "apparently" very easy to overlook when you are focused on the even smaller details.

• Wow
Reactions: Karbon74