• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tequila!!!!!

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
I have "Hornitos" (super smooth, about $28.00 a bottle) in my bar ... never get tired of it ... Also, have a bottle of Don Julio Blanco for shots !

tgd3

18/11/10
reposado or anejo, the darker the better! Don Julio or Patron is my typical go to tequila. ATM i have a bottle of Patron Anjeo and Lajita Mezcal waiting for summer to be opened.

Maybe I finally found the people to end my two year search!:
~ 2 years ago i was at dinner at the palm in AC. It was summer sothe tequila was flowing. I had THE BEST tequila there and in my state.. i could not remember what it was. Everytime i go to the liquor store i stare at the shelves until my eyes bleed, but i still can't remember. All i remember was that it was anejo, dark brown bottle, had a cork top, and was about $35 per drink (tequila, neat). It's probally a $60-$70 bottle after bar markup. if anyone knows the resturant and/or has an idea, shout it out!

murklemark

I'm Pretty Popular
28/7/10
Tequila used to remind me of the nights out drinking Joss Cuevo Gold n feeling your throat burn, but then I tried Patron, wow, I didn't know tequila could taste that smooth.

G30

I'm Pretty Popular
12/1/11
For the "perfect" margarita, sometimes called "Texas Tea"...

2 oz. Hornitos
1 oz. Patron Citronge'
1 oz. fresh lime juice
1 oz. fresh lemon juice (more or less of either juice to taste)
rocks, salt or no

For sipping: El Tesoro Reposado or Anejo, Chinaco Anejo.

Keith_Jagger

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
23/2/11
Sammy's "Cabo Wabo" is better than good .... smooth and e-z on the cells ....

majwilliams

14/12/10
CONUS
Haha, when I turned 21 my parents bought me a bottle of Patron..pretty good drink, pretty awesome parents.

boostin20

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/9/10
USA
For the "perfect" margarita, sometimes called "Texas Tea"...

2 oz. Hornitos
1 oz. Patron Citronge'
1 oz. fresh lime juice
1 oz. fresh lemon juice (more or less of either juice to taste)
rocks, salt or no

^Great cocktail.

I always keep 1800 silver in my stock b/c it's 100% de agave, and $20/ bottle. Plus, it's smooth enough to drink neat.

artsyguy

15/1/11
Avion. Yes, the tequila featured on HBO Entourage. It's real, it is simply amazing, and I wouldn't dream of doing something stupid like mixing it with lime juice, salt, margarita mix or anything but sipping it neat. It's THAT good and completely lives up to the hype that was on the show.

jeffw69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/10/11
Had a bottle of Don Julio Friday night. :)

preview_image_0_44952902x.jpg

tomchih

I'm Pretty Popular
24/2/08
the best tequila without any argue its Maestro Tequilero Anejo ....3 times ina row winner of Diosa Mayaguel Award

mstjulien

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/4/12
I am a huge tequila fan... below is my favorite---a great sipping tequilas--- their have been a few that are listed on this post that i am going to have to try.

granx800.jpg

A few others that I would recommend:
Riazul Tequila Anejo
Don Pilar Tequila Anejo
Aha Toro Anejo
Corzo Anejo
KAH Anejo
Mejor Anejo

lol...and I could keep going, but this can get some of you started--from Cali and I drive to TJ to buy my tequila as you can bring over 2 bottles (so with 3 people you can bring 6 with no issue at the border)--that way I am not getting stuck with $100 plus charges on some of these--most Tequila I can get in TJ for $30- $60 a bottle

mstjulien

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/4/12
Corzo is one of the better priced tequila in the states--you can get the Anejo at BevMo for $42 when it goes on sale and it is very smooth

I have not stepped up my game to the Extra Anejo's yet--my Corralejo is aged for 3.5 - 5 years in oak barrels so that is good enough for me