• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Taken the plunge

ddmcg2479

11/10/13
Self confessed complete noob here!
Spent a couple of days researching on here and decided to go with tony for my first ever rep.
Mailed him with a few questions to check availability etc- got a reply within less than 2 hours.
Went ahead with payment and got the visa confirmation and again a reply from Tony within the hour that qc pictures will follow.
Now comes the hard part: patience!
Been refreshing my inbox like a love sick teenager!
Impressed with Tony so far though and I am already browsing Pam's for order number 2!

Wynthorpe

Horology Curious
13/10/13
Nice looking watch, Im going to place my order on Saturday when back off hols.

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
Welcome to the site. Yes, patience is the key. Just remember not to always expect to receive replies within 2 hours. They are in a different time zone also. Even a couple days is not uncommon, but he always responds and always comes through for us. He does a great job. tony is who I buy from always. If you have any questions please ask. Welcome again, and post some pics once you get your watch.

ddmcg2479

11/10/13
Thanks egroegart- patience doesn't come easy for me but in fairness to Tony he has been very quick with his replies, can only hope now that delivery is as prompt!

Will be sure to post pics when it arrives!

ps I'm liking your profile pic- a reference to your alma mater I presume?

egroegart

1/7/13
Hey, I am a very patient person, but I found out how short my patience was when I ordered my first watch here. It was terrible. Especially when he sends you the tracking number and you sit at the computer refreshing it every 5 minutes to see if it is in a different city yet, or if it has cleared customs. That part absolutely kills me. It's taken about 7 to 10 days once it leaves tony's hands to get to me. Not too bad for travelling around the world, but it seems like an eternity while it's in process, but I will tell you that it is all worth it. These watches are amazing in my opinion. For the price we are paying compared to a genuine watch and the attention to details. You can't beat it.

Now, about my avatar. No, I didn't go to O.U. lol. That is actually my bobcat. He lives with me. If you have a little time check out my thread on him here.
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/benji-bobcat-157746

And my youtube channel here with lots of vids of him.
http://www.youtube.com/user/egroegartfart

Welcome to the site again, and be sure to post pics when you get it, and give Tony a review. Thanks, George

ddmcg2479

11/10/13
Wow benji is just incredible I had no idea it was even possible to have a domestic bobcat, it sounds like you have put it some serious work to get such a relationship with him! Amazing thread thanks so much for sharing!

And btw yes I confess to having the ems tab left open and refreshing every 5 minutes!

egroegart

1/7/13
Yes, it takes a lot of work everyday. especially when they are young. He is 100% wild bobcat. Only difference is he was born in captivity and has never been in the wild, but retains all wild characteristics basically other than bobs in the wild avoid people, and Benji can't get enough of people. lol. He does have his wild moments once or twice a day, and it is not pretty. But other than that he is wonderful.

ddmcg2479

11/10/13
Just received my awesome carrera from Tony!

Ordered it late night on Friday 11th so I am more than pleased with the turnaround time considering 2 weekends in between order and delivery.

Nothing but praise for Tony from me- I have already selected watch number 2 which will also be coming from him!

Anyway on to the shots! I'm sure some of the more experienced among you all will be able to find fault with it but I am really pleased with it.
Apologies however for the bush league iPhone photos!

View attachment 31553
View attachment 31554
View attachment 31555
View attachment 31556
View attachment 31557

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

ddmcg2479

11/10/13
Thanks!

Addiction has well and truly taken hold- was emailing to check availability of watch #2 while watch #1 was still in china!

Looking around now for good rep bags to keep the mrs on board now too so any recommendations welcome!

ddmcg2479

11/10/13
Thanks!

Addiction has well and truly taken hold- was emailing to check availability of watch #2 while watch #1 was still in china!

Looking around now for good rep bags to keep the mrs on board now too so any recommendations welcome!

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Thanks!

best way mate, keep at least two in the air and you stop worrying about tracking and delivery dates. :D

peeryus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/11/13
Hi ddmcg,

What do the sub-dials display? Are they functional?

ddmcg2479

11/10/13
Hi ddmcg,

What do the sub-dials display? Are they functional?

Hi mate- yes fully functional sub dials. Constant running seconds at 9, and chrono minutes at 12/hours at 6.

Welcome to the board and good luck with your search!