• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Calling out Puretime.co

Dr.Duct_Mossburg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/3/12
You know I won't take that one, even in jest.

I think you are spot on about the OP.

By now he has probably moved on to his next online roll playing game and forgotten about all of us in the REAL world.

Sent from the W.C.

If I were him I probably wouldn't with the way you all are acting as well. You're honestly being no more mature than he is at this point and quite frankly, look like a bunch of internet wanna be tough guys banging keys in the corner.

Cut the guy a break. Yes he should have read and educated himself better but at the end of the day he was a noob buying his first rep and probably got over excited to get it and was thrown off by how things really work... Lesson learned.

PureTime had my money for three weeks before I finally got a refund. I was irritated for the simple fact that within 24-48 hours I was told that I wasnt going to get the watch because they had just run out and how no other dealer would have it. When I finally got my money back I contacted Sead and had the impossible to get watch on order within another day or so.

It is what it is, No need to make a 47 page thread about it. :picard:

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Way to be the bigger man, sin. Good for you!
Enjoy your watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

idontknow

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
If I were him I probably wouldn't with the way you all are acting as well. You're honestly being no more mature than he is at this point and quite frankly, look like a bunch of internet wanna be tough guys banging keys in the corner.

Cut the guy a break. Yes he should have read and educated himself better but at the end of the day he was a noob buying his first rep and probably got over excited to get it and was thrown off by how things really work... Lesson learned.

PureTime had my money for three weeks before I finally got a refund. I was irritated for the simple fact that within 24-48 hours I was told that I wasnt going to get the watch because they had just run out and how no other dealer would have it. When I finally got my money back I contacted Sead and had the impossible to get watch on order within another day or so.

It is what it is, No need to make a 47 page thread about it. :picard:

:what:

Sent from the W.C.

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
Gee where were you 11 pages ago?

Seems the thread is turning a new corner. We just might need 47 pages now :lol:

Wow, there are some setting variances available on these boards.

This only is a four-pager on my laptop!

Might be 47 pages on my phone, though.

:lol:

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
You don't understand what you are doing. What you should have done is take 3 or 4 months and do your homework, learned what this is all about, and how this really works.

TDs don't go to the watch shop in China and pick up the latest Noob factory PAM 111, stick it in a carton, and drop it off at EMS. They also don't have storefronts. You are buying an illegal counterfeit copy of a genuine watch from mom's basement. (They are pretty good illegal counterfeit copies).

The first thing you should have done is thrown every bit of your expectations out the window. Sorry to say, but this ain't Amazon pal. If you were expecting top notch customer service, a perfect watch, great communication, and the ability to easily return it for service if something was/is wrong... you should have looked at Panerai (or whoever) site for the nearest AD and buy a real one. Your expectation that an illegal counterfeit watch dealer is going to return your email within 20 minutes or be accurate in their time frame is ludicrous.

The first thing you are going to realize is that this hobby isn't for everyone... and it is a hobby no matter how you shake it. Your first few posts and your ability to learn is a good indication that you might want to stick with Fossil or save up your pennies for a GEN. It took a little over 1 month for my first order from PureTime to arrive on my doorstep. I added a strap that was out of stock which delayed the order a bit. It didn't ship until about 3-4 days after I replied with OK. Who cares. If you are pissing and moaning about that, it's already time to stop.

The second thing you'll find is that your watch may get confiscated by customs. Please stop by the US Customs when this happens so you can explain to them why they should give you your watch right now and how they are not providing good customer service. #2 reason why you should just stop now - "Customs don't care!"

The third thing you'll find is that your watch may or may not be perfect (ok.. it won't be). My Noob PAM 112 is awesome. It's a very high quality watch IMO. The only complaint I have about it right now is that the movement has some schmutz that should have been cleaned out. No big deal, most wouldn't notice unless they looked closely. #3 reason why you should buy a GEN or a Fossil - you're first post(s) indicate you will not be satisfied with anything but a perfect watch. You're not buying a perfect watch... buy a GEN buddy.. they'll listen to your whine for $5k-$15k

This is a fun hobby - not for everyone and unless you change your attitude - probably not for you.

TDs do a good job and are TDs for a reason. You could have rolled the dice with whoever popped up in your google search for "XXXX Replica" and stood to lose $120 - $300. With a TD, you are almost guaranteed to get your watch, get the watch you expect, and have some channel to complain if something doesn't go right after you've used all your options. Just a word of advice, the public forum is not the place to start your grip - start with a moderator, they will educate you in the REP hobby and then if something still isn't right, they have other ways of addressing the TDs.

When I ordered, I figured I'd get a pretty decent copy of my favourite watch within the next 3 months. I was pleasantly surprised when I received a great copy in ~1 month.

Your expectations need to be reset.

Now THIS is a (relative) noob who did everything right! Bloody good post mate, you just earned yourself three months VIP for setting a shining example of how to do it right.

APOLOGY

Well I'm not averse to apologising when I'm wrong ...and in this situation, I clearly was wrong.

I accept that I was an idiot for my behavior in going off half-cocked and I unreservedly apologise to Puretime.Co and the forum members for my behaviour.

Today I received my watch and am nothing but 100% happy with the service I received from Puretime. As you members have pointed out, I should have realised that there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes in this industry ...with the ultimate goal being to give the customer an opportunity to have something which would not ordinarily be available. I was given that opportunity and I was not grateful for it ...I realise that now.

To all those members who said what they did, you were absolutely correct. I called myself an idiot earlier in this post and I accept that what I did gave you the justification to label me in whichever way you chose to.

I did the wrong thing, not only towards Puretime.co but also the members and visitors to this website ...again I apologise.

I am not looking to make amends because, in reality, I can't ...my post is too little too late. I cannot repair the damage I have caused ...all I can say is "I'm sorry".

I will try to edit my first post by posting a copy of this post as a footnote to that post. If I can't perhaps an administartor can. Perhaps it will serve as the best example of how a first time poster or buyer of a replica should not act when all a trusted dealer like Puretime.co is doing is trying to keep the customer happy.
I am impressed.

Yup, me too. Apology accepted.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Wow, there are some setting variances available on these boards.

This only is a four-pager on my laptop!

Might be 47 pages on my phone, though.

:lol:

Ya I need to change my settings but then a lot of the threads would lose their dramatic value if I did that :facepalm:

idontknow

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
I'm glad you received your watch. Now go forth and post pics in the proper brand forum.

Sent from the W.C.

Lorentzo

4/5/10
Yeah undoubtedly the right thing to do sin. Well done, and I hope you can like this hobby after all. :)

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Glad this got sorted and that even though it took 11 pages of thread to sort it out, it has been.

Apology accepted, we were all noobs once too.