• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tag Heuer Calibre 1887 Automatic Chronograph 43 mm replica micro review

Caretaker

Horology Curious
5/4/15
Yesterday I've got my TAG 1887 chrono rep from TSWatch
Gen ref is CAR2013.BA0799

My overall score for this rep is 4+ points out of 5.

First about shipping and package.

Parcel comes very quickly (a week from China to Moscow, Russia is a very good result). Packaging was perfect, styrofoam box inside carton one.

Now about watch.

Dial is almost the same as gen, but with two easy-to-be-seen differences:
1. The "4" digit shape differs from the current gen revision. But it is similar to the previous gen revision, so it is not very important difference.
2. The "TAG" label is put over on the dial surface, while gen has it drawn on the dial surface. This is a bit more visible difference.
But these differences both can be hardly seen from 30-40 cm :)

The rest of the front surface is the same as gen (as far as I can see).

I cannot really judge on the quality of the back surface and movement decoration. Just because i cannot put my hands on gen to compare.

Bracelet is more or less good quality. But the deployment itself is awful. Gen carries "TAG" label on it, while mine has only “TAG Heuer†engraving. But for me it does not really matter, couse i‘m thinking on changing bracelet to leather strap anyway.

The link to current gen revision: http://us.tagheuer.com/en/luxury-wa...ic-chronograph43-mm-anthracite-steel-bracelet

Here come three pics:

Daylight but no direct sunlight:

Carrera1_zpsjaqc8ojf.jpg

Direct sunlight:

Carrera2_zpsmaxtfhiz.jpg

Deployment:

Carrera3_zps9ziuwwas.jpg

Hope this will help somebody :)

Breitluc

I'm Pretty Popular
22/5/12
The Netherlands
Awesome watch! I've been waiting for the Tag Heuer SpaceX, but I don't think that's going to happen anymore. Think I'm going to get me one of these middels instead :)

Caretaker

Horology Curious
5/4/15
IMHO gen SpaceX is just CAR2013.BA0799 watch with white dial and light-brown strap :)

balou

Known Member
7/6/14
Wowww mate what a nice watch ! congratulations ;) TSWatch seems to be a very good dealer with good product:thumbup:

hwpom1

Horology Curious
1/6/15
Good rep but I notice a difference with "22" on the date dial. Minor..are the hours appear to be stickers as opposed to being drawn. The bracelet is completely different from gen. Looks to be from the 41mm heritage.
Other than that it looks good. I actually own the Gen and swapped to a brown perforated leather strap from eBay. Excellent combo.

torch77

Renowned Member
30/11/12
Spain Madrid
Hi there
I have my eye on this watch for some time so thanks for posting the pics.
We would really appreciate more pics too :) Since it is very nice to look at.

I dont have neither gen nor rep but from the pics on the internet I can say

1) Tachy inside the gen (old and new version) is larger
2) Logo is drawn in the gen
3) Number 4 : Gen Old version looks similar to the rep, Gen New version is completely different (more like Portuguese)
4) Number 6 : in the rep it looks like upside down of 9, gen old version is more vertical
5) Bracelet : Gen old version and the rep is same, gen new version is like carrera bracelet.
6) Logo on the bracelet
7) Movement : In the rep A7750 (looks like), gen decorated but dont know which one
8) Chrono : Chrono `CAL` is closer to 9 in the rep but further away from 9 in the gen

Thats all I can come up with

Dial looks very very nice, wear in good health

torch77

Renowned Member
30/11/12
Spain Madrid
I love this combination

I know it is very very very disturbingly similar to IWC Portuguese but I can't help it
I love the watch
too bad that there is not a good rep of it

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Wow, this watch looks great! -- Added to the list which I had just got done making smaller. How is the AR on the rep? Is it too blue or more like single sided coating? For me, a bad ar coating can really ruin a watch.

Caretaker

Horology Curious
5/4/15
One more pic - movement decoration. Looks like gen, but not very similar.

5_zpsjdmp1xo4.jpg

Caretaker

Horology Curious
5/4/15
It does not look like gen at all. Not even similar. Sorry mate.
But at least they tried to decorate movement :)
Pendulum with three arms in front is a clear try :)
As for me - the back side is not important at all.