• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Sub up on Toros - Noob V2?

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
Caveat is they had the A3135 available for 400USD. I chose not to go that route so it is available.

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Ryan is nuts. DHL shipped it yesterday, its already in LA customs!

wepiii

18/12/12
Dang I should have done DHL. I can't wait for you to get yours for some pics and a review.

GeDi

Renowned Member
5/2/13
Ho guys,

Can somebody point me out to the right direction please?

I want to find out what is the issue with these "fat" hour hands that are not correct.

What is the problem?

Thanks

Capt. Obvious

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/5/13
Ho guys,

Can somebody point me out to the right direction please?

I want to find out what is the issue with these "fat" hour hands that are not correct.

What is the problem?

Thanks

The problem is just that.
The OLDER versions of the NOOB SUB-C have a short and tubby hour hand which was quite an obvious giveaway.
That has now been fixed with the V2, which is supposed to be the best version out there overall.
If you go to puretime.co and have a look at the OLD NOOB (or even the prototype) and the NEW V2, you will see the difference.

GeDi

Renowned Member
5/2/13
Thanks mate :)

So i take it has nothing to do with the introduction of maxindial some years ago.

Thanks

Capt. Obvious

5/5/13
Thanks mate :)

So i take it has nothing to do with the introduction of maxindial some years ago.

Thanks

The maxi dial refers to the white, circle hour dots.
These used to be smaller in the earlier subs.
They are now much bigger.
However this Noob V2 (however good a rep) still hasn't got them right.
Which is disappointing.

Also I believe compared to earlier subs, the ceramic case is ever so slightly bigger.

GeDi

Renowned Member
5/2/13
However this Noob V2 (however good a rep) still hasn't got them right.
Which is disappointing.

Also I believe compared to earlier subs, the ceramic case is ever so slightly bigger.

The ceramic case is bigger indeed,

but what am i missing here with the white dots?

To my eyes they seem correct. They are bigger than the old subs, is it something i don't see?

Moreover, i thought that with the introduction of the maxi dial the hands got thicker too in order to have the correct proportion.

Am i wrong?

D.

Capt. Obvious

5/5/13
The hands may have gotten slightly bigger than before, not sure, but the initial noob hour hand was WAY too thick.
This has been fixed.
If you compare the hour dots with gen, you will see that the reps silver lining is too thick, hence hiding some of the white (lumed material) of the dot, making it appear smaller.
It is only a small difference, but IMO really makes or breaks the dial!

GeDi

Renowned Member
5/2/13
well thanks for this info!

Is there any, side-by-side picture, comparing what you just described, to see the extent of this issue?

Om3ga_guy

28/12/10
Canada
I'm by no means a Sub C expert, but based on my observations, i've noticed the following flaws with the V2:

Bezel: insert marking are too thin and shallow cut

Dial:
A) printing has some spacing issues at "300 m"

B) The "0"s are the wrong font

C) hour marker rims are too thick

D) "Swiss Made" appears to be written a little different than the gen

Case: dimensionally it appears to be a bit larger than the gen. There's some pretty large spacing issues around the crown area between cg's. A gen crown may help this, don't know until I try it

Crown: wrong shape, the bottom of the crown siting against the case should chamfer. The rep crown sits flat against case

Crystal: AR appears to be a bit too blue

* most of these issues can be fixed with gen parts, finding some of them will be the only challenge. Either way, this is a fabulous rep. Not a "super rep" IMO, but getting there!

tom_cat

I'm Pretty Popular
4/7/13
one noob question guys, i asked toro for photos which show me the date is cantered yesterday because the QC which they sent me has this date "1" is not centered for me. However I still hasnt received any reply from him yet. does it normally take this long or is it normal??

teoulennon

Renowned Member
17/5/11
one noob question guys, i asked toro for photos which show me the date is cantered yesterday because the QC which they sent me has this date "1" is not centered for me. However I still hasnt received any reply from him yet. does it normally take this long or is it normal??

It's normal and all part of the fun :)

GeDi

Renowned Member
5/2/13
Do you know if Previous Sub model 16610, had the maxi dial or not?

D.