• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"SWAN NECK" (Part III)- Statistical Analysis of faults and reliability in replicas

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I'm very impressed! It is scientific enough to be published in a peer reviewed journal if there is one : ) But we are blessed with this wonderful forum.

The replica watch makers should be reading this and consider funding such studies : )

Hi hdd
Thanks for your kind words
We are trying to improve replicas quality

ALE

theyorkshireman

Known Member
16/1/13
Excellent, excellent all three threads are informative and educational, I'm new to the rep world ( well this level anyway) and gob smacked by the quality there seems to be out there. I've just passed five hours of overtime reading these threads and I very glad I did. A true expert... well done ( claps loudly)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Excellent, excellent all three threads are informative and educational, I'm new to the rep world ( well this level anyway) and gob smacked by the quality there seems to be out there. I've just passed five hours of overtime reading these threads and I very glad I did. A true expert... well done ( claps loudly)

Hi friend
Many thanks for your comments
I'm glad you like the Swan Neck threads
Regards
ALE

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Wonderful reasearch ALE 7575--it is another reason to keep returning to RWI.
Two requests for information for the brave and committed:
1) Is there any convenient place to source proper-length MS screws for DIY installation on Chinese 6497s?
2) Any convenient guise to implementing a Y-incabloc mod to a non-Y incabloc system?

Mora

Horology Curious
27/12/12
Great AGAIN Ale!!
I can't believe ALL time spend in this post...

Can YOU give me back My 118 Pam reps??

Regards friend!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Wonderful reasearch ALE 7575--it is another reason to keep returning to RWI.
Two requests for information for the brave and committed:
1) Is there any convenient place to source proper-length MS screws for DIY installation on Chinese 6497s?
2) Any convenient guise to implementing a Y-incabloc mod to a non-Y incabloc system?

Thanks for your words
You should ask moders for these longer screws
Concerning incablock and other mods please consult a future thread that I will publish soon

ALE

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Great AGAIN Ale!!
I can't believe ALL time spend in this post...

Can YOU give me back My 118 Pam reps??

Regards friend!

Thanks Mora,
Yes three threads about Swan Neck took more four months of study and development.

I don't understand what are you talking about a PAM 118. But most likely I have sold it .... LOL...

Un abrazo amigo y cuidame mi Barrichello y mi 253
ALE

fluxpattern

Horology Curious
13/3/11
hi ALE7575,

I ended up buying another genuine Oris,

what`s your thoughts on the best Pan rep I could buy (if I may ask) I`d love one of these watches,

thanks in advance,
flux.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
hi ALE7575,

I ended up buying another genuine Oris,

what`s your thoughts on the best Pan rep I could buy (if I may ask) I`d love one of these watches,

thanks in advance,
flux.

Hi flux
This is not the correct place to put this question.This is a specific thread about Swan Neck Part III– Statistical Analysis of faults and reliability in replicas
You should start a thread with your question

Anyway you could consult the PAM GUIDE and search for Super reps

"Reference PAM REVIEW-GUIDE" - Replica Search, Identification, Evaluation & Selection
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/reference-pam-review-107365?t=107365

ALE

Banner

Horology Curious
21/8/13
initially, this has made me reconsider buying rep Pams on resale market

I think it makes sense to get a good deal on a used high quality Unitas model

Klokkeren

Known Member
24/1/11
Holly molly.. This is the best article I have read on this topic and in a forum ever!! Thank you for posting this tutorial :)

v8fd3s

Known Member
27/2/14
this will come in handy when my pam arrives, thanks for all the hard work

Choi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/2/14
great works! very interesting.
I wonder ... why factory did it? they could copy a little dust of gen.
even cheap watch which I've seen $85 in Ebay, has a swan neck and right fitting.

wooky492

Put Some Respect On My Name
21/9/12
Somebody pay this guy for all the works he has done. These three part series and the Pam guide spreadsheet are just mind blowing. Two thumbs up! x 1000000000000000

lfovco

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/3/06
ALE : this is truly amazing what you are doing. Beats everything I have seen since I got into PAM reps 9 years ago.

Veuzu

20/7/14
Hi,

I'm new in this forum, but I can say this great place, I enjoy it and learn everyday something new.
ALE great job! I was linked today to this thread from the gens wathch forum, there was disscussion about PAMS and they use your analysis to verificate that the watch was replica, reason: "to short swan neck and roundish screws" if I say it right-:) Very helpful analysis work for replica buyers as for wathcmakers. Thank you.

Luke Warm

30/5/14
ALE,

Truly wonderful research. You have made navigating the rep minefield a hell of a lot easier with your posts. Thank you.

DerbeRep

Horology Curious
16/7/15
What else can I say than "Thank You, ALE."..!?
Beeing an engineer I appreciate your work and like Your Posts a lot!

muy buen trabajo