• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Super rep pens?

DiggerOfWatches

Gold Patron
Certified
4/7/19
Down Under
Sorry I can't help you @Paolo_Gaz, I go gen with these, someone else may be able to chime in.

I really like the James Dean and have nearly pulled the trigger a number of times, but have held off. I'll probably end up buying it one day.

I'm not a fan of The Beatles edition. Bit too loud for me.

My Starwalkers get the most use. My others (145's and Serpentines) are in a box somewhere...

Best of luck, I'll follow with interest

Reactions: Paolo_Gaz

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Hello everyone,
I am looking for the following pens of possibly good quality:
1) Roller Great Characters Walt Disney
2) Writers Edition Hommage à Rudyard Kipling ballpoint pen
3) Roller Great Characters James Dean Limited Edition 1931
can you help me?
if I understand correctly the mr88pen from which I was buying has abandoned the online store.
Search on AliExpress or DH Gate.
All the pens you have listed are available on there. Some sellers may have all of them so you can save on postage but likely you may need to order from several.

Be sure to ask questions and understand what grade of replica you are getting. They are not all the same in terms of material and quality. They make look similar but the materials may be of a lesser weight / quality. The issue is that most of the sellers on these platforms will use the same reference pictures on their sites…. Some even use the genuine pen… lol

I have 2 incoming from an Ali express seller so I’ll provide some feedback when received so others can make an informed decision as well.

Sharing is caring !!

Reactions: DiggerOfWatches

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Pens received today
Must say i was pleasantly surprised.
1. very well packed - received in @ 2 weeks from order with no damages 10/10
2. The "wooden" presentation box far exceeded my expectations - it actually looks quite good with a nice gloss lacquer and decent weight. 9/10
3. The Shakespeare writers edition pen is decent. The screw / twist function to access the pen works nice and smooth. The weight of the pen is a bit light but the overall fit and finish is quite good. The refill fits in nicely with no rattle and the pen writes well. A little scratchy but smooth enough. Comfortable to hold albeit a little top heavy. Nice detail with the S/N etc...... 7/10
4. The Victor Hugo looks very nice. Good detail and good weight on the cap and pen body on this one. ( love the cathedral etching ) Roller ball refill was a little rattly inside the body so placed a bit of rubber void fill in the cap end and now its perfect. Roller ball refill writes nicely but still has a little "dryness" about it.... acceptable. Good detail with the etching and S/N ..... Well balanced pen and easy to hold and write with. Overall 8/10.

All in, it was a worth while experience considering the cost and I may just purchase 1 or 2 more !

Some pics below:​

zPjYCW.jpg

zPjOiP.jpg

zPjnrL.jpg

zPjyGS.jpg

zPj9LQ.jpg

21/8/22
The metaverse
Congratz! Looks good. Today I showed mine to a colleague who collects Montblanc pens and he did not notice the difference (he took it in his hand and started explaining how he has the same one in various colors - until I stopped him to tell that it’s a rep).

avenger007

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
21/2/09
Where did you buy this one? Looks great!
M88Pen on DHGate. Had a buddy at work order the same pen, and he was impressed as well.

The refill is nothing to write home about (oof…pen pun). It writes beautifully for a while then skips and goes thin, then back to normal. I’ll probably replace it with a genuine MB or Schmidt rollerball refill. Easy $10-15 remedy from Amazon.

Reactions: PTwatchLover

PTwatchLover

Certified
29/8/22
Portugal
Looks great! I'll try to find it where you told me. Thanks!

So the genuine MB refill is compatible? That was the question I forgot to make on my last post.

avenger007

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
21/2/09
Looks great! I'll try to find it where you told me. Thanks!

So the genuine MB refill is compatible? That was the question I forgot to make on my last post.
We’ll see on Wednesday. Just ordered a replacement. Pretty sure it will work fine.

PTwatchLover

Certified
29/8/22
Portugal
We’ll see on Wednesday. Just ordered a replacement. Pretty sure it will work fine.
Please let me know then. I was about to buy the pen a couple of minutes ago but since it was 25usd and I wasn't sure if I could use other refills I refrained to hit confirm. :)

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
M88Pen on DHGate. Had a buddy at work order the same pen, and he was impressed as well.
Would you mind checking the store again for me? I just went to it on DHGate, but it currently has no products listed at all!!?! Which confuses me! I wonder if he's updating stock and has taken it offline for a few minutes? Can others still see products?

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Forget it - products are back online now. That was weird. An internet fart or something!

• Haha
Reactions: nicmend
21/8/22
The metaverse
Haha well I am really enjoying the pens as well. For me the refills that came with it are fine so also didn’t need to order gen refills or anything :cool:

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
I'm buying a gen Montblanc pix tomorrow.
Not sure about rollerball or normal though

The cap is sick as fuck. I can't decide.
🤔

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
I'm buying a gen Montblanc pix tomorrow.
Not sure about rollerball or normal though

The cap is sick as fuck. I can't decide.
🤔
I tried it out.

It doesn't at all feel like a Meisterstück lacquer. That feels solid.

The pix feels like plastic. Very cheap feeling to it. Didn't like it at all.

Bought a parker instead.