• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Submariner 116610LV,comprehensive comparison of GEN, VS, Clean, ZF and KING!

Adam_Smith

Supporter
Certified
23/6/20
Is there this same comparison but for the 116610LN? I am not able to find it, and it would be very useful for me to verify my QCs.

Hugg727

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
15/2/23
NJ,USA
Is there this same comparison but for the 116610LN? I am not able to find it, and it would be very useful for me to verify my QCs.
This thread is a little dated but it does start out with a VSF vs Gen 116610LN sub comparison.

Gmc

25/4/20
Spain
Hello, guys. I'm Steve and I'm back. We've already done two comparisons of the Submariner series, 126610LV and 116613LB, so let's get back to the classics. As the ace of the Submariner range, the 116610LV needs no introduction to its popularity, so let's get started.

fdf9514c.jpg
7099ed63.jpg

Dial front view
ff1e0617.jpg
17183c43.jpg
b39355fe.jpg

View of the dial in natural light
cdeee447.jpg

View of the dial under lighting​

116610LV has a famous name in our country, that is “green water ghost” (hulk), so the dial color has naturally become the focus, the gen color is dark green, after repeated observation and comparison of the real objects, VS and KING's color is the closest to GEN, especially KING's black and green gradient effect is the most similar to GEN, Clean is also good, but the radial pattern is a bit stronger. The biggest color difference is ZF factory, too bright. But it is difficult to notice the difference without comparing them side by side. Which factory do you think has the better color?

9f65de7d.jpg
331ee98b.jpg

Side view of bezel​

The VS factory uses the V4 of the clean bezel. The color and brightness of the clean bezel are very good, and there is almost no color difference compared to the GEN, while the bezel of ZF and KING are also actually very good, and there is no difference between the color and the clean bezel. After checking with the factory, ZF factory claims to be using the clean V1 bezel and KING claims to be using the clean V4 bezel as well.

7eb2f219.jpg
11dc2ff9.jpg

Side view of the teeth insert​

The shape of the KING's teeth is distinctly different from the GEN's, and the brushed finish on the side of the ZF is too obvious, which has led to a more pronounced depth.

7db7a313.jpg
9a6bf878.jpg

Side view of the glass​

VS and KING do not have chamfered mirror edges, and although clean and ZF do, they do not have the same shape as GEN.

658e328a.jpg
04d50bd2.jpg
1f740dea.jpg
d8a5c628.jpg
32d975b1.jpg
22f6e03e.jpg

view of the bezel digital​

As explained earlier, all four factories use the Clean bezel, and the clean bezel is worthy of being the best submariner green bezel available today, with a platinum filling that is very close to the GEN color and a very regular and fine filling. This is why all the major factories have adopted the clean fitting, which shows that it has been fully accepted by the market, including the factories.

0b865978.jpg

f867d64a.jpg

Pearl View​

There are slight differences between the factories and GEN colors, VS and KING are slightly whitish, while CLEAN is a little darker, ZF is too yellow and the edges are raised too high.
awesome! thanks my friend.

Backt0thefuture

17/8/16
What about the 3235 Movment? I seen a few CLEAN subs with it on some TD sites. Is it a newer version of the movement mentioned here or???

Ridaye

Looking Around
19/8/23
Wow, very impressive, you made a good job. I may by my first 126610 lv with you.

BUBEST

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
MULTI ACCOUNT
4/11/21
What about the 3235 Movment? I seen a few CLEAN subs with it on some TD sites. Is it a newer version of the movement mentioned here or???
VS3235 is currently used exclusively by the VS factory, while VS3135 movement is not exclusive, so some factories also use the VS3135 in the 116610 model.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
I recently have plans to purchase a 126610LV, and I am still debating between VSF and Clean, which factory has a better feel for the bezel swivel, any suggestions?
Why do you have more than one account at RWI? You need to take out a support ticket at The RWI Help Desk to fix that or no one will see your posts.

Fred Hampton

Looking Around
15/1/24
Hi I’m new to this site, I came looking for reliable insight on how to find quality pieces from solid providers. I have purchased several reps for various sources and I have not had much luck finding the best pieces. I understand they’re not going to be 1:1 however I am In search of the closest pieces from the most trusted factories. Are there any direct links to Clean or any of the others mentioned here?

e1phantom

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Hi I’m new to this site, I came looking for reliable insight on how to find quality pieces from solid providers. I have purchased several reps for various sources and I have not had much luck finding the best pieces. I understand they’re not going to be 1:1 however I am In search of the closest pieces from the most trusted factories. Are there any direct links to Clean or any of the others mentioned here?
Start with reading the stickied threads here:

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

M3AJOR

6/1/24
Great job, does anyone know if the clean featured in this comparison is a V1?,or have they only do 1 version of the 116610lv ?

Turbo1

Supporter
Certified
13/1/24
Nice comparison. I use the sub from VSF and am very satisfied.

tattooedauthor7240

Anyone have the time?
11/4/24
Naples, Florida
This is time consuming, frustrating work, and certainly not a necessary step in your successes.

The fact that you did this and provided it in an easy to understand format supports your status as a top-notch TD.

I'll certainly come to you with my future needs.