• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Speedmaster Club!

eBoy

⚜️ RWI NMA Chief Bracelet Link Remover ⛓️‍💥🔗🪛🔧
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
A place of darkness and light a.k.a. EU
20230717-203023-01.jpg

Reactions: C Master

Th4ySoN

FailingToGetOutOfRepsGuy
Gold Patron
Certified
8/5/20
UK
What’s the secret to have a good rep with correct subdials spacing ?

Th4ySoN

FailingToGetOutOfRepsGuy
Gold Patron
Certified
8/5/20
UK
Easy: Do what I did.

Save for the gen.

That's a 3861 Cal. Co-Axial gen. 😉

In the box but cal 1866 with a moonphase 👌🏻
Im asking in case people wanting a more accurate build, it’s surprising that such an iconic watch has not been accurately repd.

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
In the box but cal 1866 with a moonphase 👌🏻
Im asking in case people wanting a more accurate build, it’s surprising that such an iconic watch has not been accurately repd.

I guess it's the Lemania they'd have to make a Chinese clone of to get it right. No other alternative movement available, unfortunately.

If you look at how bad A7750s are, I don't think that a Lemania clone would be much fun though. 😂

Th4ySoN

FailingToGetOutOfRepsGuy
Gold Patron
Certified
8/5/20
UK
I guess it's the Lemania they'd have to make a Chinese clone of to get it right. No other alternative movement available, unfortunately.

If you look at how bad A7750s are, I don't think that a Lemania clone would be much fun though. 😂
Well, So if someone is serious about a build
They can get a Lemania then, and a gen dial and hands, but has it been done already?
Hands will fit ?

So many opportunities. Problem is, it needs to be under £2k at bare maximum budget. Otherwise just go gen.

7750 is probably one of the best movements ever created, a real milestone in watchmaking and historically so important to watchmaking itself, but obviously not the Chinese variant.
Only loosing imho to the even more underrated ETAs, it shocks me companies like Eterna who put flyback chronographs in their Kontikis receiving no love just because they are not power, luxury or status statements.

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Well, So if someone is serious about a build
They can get a Lemania then, and a gen dial and hands, but has it been done already?
Hands will fit ?

I've seen a Speedmaster Mark II build with a non-Omega Lemania. But not a Moonwatch build yet. I think it would be hard to stay under a relatively low budget cap.

So many opportunities. Problem is, it needs to be under £2k at bare maximum budget. Otherwise just go gen.

I think this is the time to go secondary market on an older 1861. Prices will keep rising... Now or never. 3861 Sapphire Sandwich is almost at 9k € now. It's nuts...

7750 is probably one of the best movements ever created, a real milestone in watchmaking and historically so important to watchmaking itself, but obviously not the Chinese variant.

Sure. The ETA 7750 is a milestone and reliable workhorse. No doubt about that... If you really love a rep with an A7750, doing an ETA swap is always worth considering.

Only loosing imho to the even more underrated ETAs, it shocks me companies like Eterna who put flyback chronographs in their Kontikis receiving no love just because they are not power, luxury or status statements.

Well, that's just how it is sometimes... As an enthusiast, I'd rather have the Eterna with a great and interesting movement than one of those latest Panerais for 12k € with a non-In-house workhorse movement. Certain people will still prefer the PAM for the "luxury" and "prestige", unaware or oblivious of what's inside. For us horologists, of course it's a sad joke. 😂

Reactions: Th4ySoN

Th4ySoN

FailingToGetOutOfRepsGuy
Gold Patron
Certified
8/5/20
UK
I've seen a Speedmaster Mark II build with a non-Omega Lemania. But not a Moonwatch build yet. I think it would be hard to stay under a relatively low budget cap.

I think this is the time to go secondary market on an older 1861. Prices will keep rising... Now or never. 3861 Sapphire Sandwich is almost at 9k € now. It's nuts...

Sure. The ETA 7750 is a milestone and reliable workhorse. No doubt about that... If you really love a rep with an A7750, doing an ETA swap is always worth considering.

Well, that's just how it is sometimes... As an enthusiast, I'd rather have the Eterna with a great and interesting movement than one of those latest Panerais for 12k € with a non-In-house workhorse movement. Certain people will still prefer the PAM for the "luxury" and "prestige", unaware or oblivious of what's inside. For us horologists, of course it's a sad joke. 😂

Real shame the price of the sapphire sandwich nowadays. I’ve seen people going for NOS builds around 3-4 yrs ago. Now the parts are just too hard to get.

So many brands using “in houses” that are just variations of ETAs.. IWC for example. Hence why to value the JLCs and Omegas (back to the thread😂).

I love that Omega do their own in house not a modified ETA or 7750. Just screws up the speedy reps. It’s like I want a snoopy, but is definitely not worth the pricetag.

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
13/7/16
Anyone have the moon phase (older model with it at 12 not 6)? Just purchased one on chrono24, should be here in a few weeks at most.

Reactions: Got20Mate

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Anyone have the moon phase (older model with it at 12 not 6)? Just purchased one on chrono24, should be here in a few weeks at most.
Which one did you go for, if you don't mind Mr asking?,