• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Some shots of the latest upgraded H-fact 000 - [ QC Pics allowed ]

nicktan182

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/13
MOD NOTE:
QC pics of PAM 000 or 005 with NEW cases from any maker will be allowed here for informative purposes.
Almost everything will be allowed... but... PLEASE avoid, as much as possible, personal matters or silly consults.
PLEASE INDICATE MAKER. I will cancel all post without this info
Thanks
ALE

Hi guys, over the last couple days or so, i've been getting several requests for additional shots of the latest h-fact luminor case since i managed to get mine before the cny break, just a disclaimer, these photos were taken with an iphone 6, so no macro stuff, just some simple shots of the case from certain angles and i tried to capture the lume application on the dial as well. and i am by no means an expert when it comes to case shape/lug spacing etc etc, so i'm posting these pictures so that the experts out there ie ALE and the like, can get a better idea of the changes and upgrades made to this new h-fact case, for the benefit of everyone on the forums, particularly those looking to get these latest h-fact models either as first timers/newcomers to this hobby or those wanting an upgrade from their current pams. again, these were just taken with an iphone camera so they're definitely not up to the standard of Kilo/mysterio's photos. anyway without further ado, here are the shots i've taken:

Personally, having owned the noob 000, the dial on this upgraded h-fact 000 is much better, in terms of the indices (noob 000 had wrong indices), they're also thinner and more gen-like, and the sausage lume application is also more gen like. from the photos you can see that the lume was indeed filled in to the markers and indices, and are almost flush to the dial (although on gen the lume is ever so slightly sunken, it still looks way better than on the noob), whereas on the noob 000 they were clearly sausage-like and overfilled so that the lume wasn't sitting flush with the dial but actually higher (sorry if this doesn't really make sense i don't know how else to describe it). but as for the case itself, like i said i'm completely clueless with regards to the case shape from various makers so i don't know the differences between makers and versions so i will let the experts here chime in and give their 2 cents worth. anyway, i hope these pictures help, and if anyone requires any other shots from more angles, please feel free to ask and i will see what i can do. thanks for looking!

NFleischer

I'm Pretty Popular
9/12/08
Wow- that looks very good! The sheen on the SS is impressive, and the cgs are a lot better than the older versions. Still, the Noob seem to be a bit more sharp on the inner

square margins.

D

d4m.test

Wow... Just wow.

This is the best zero yet. A TRUE super rep. The lug versus the shoulder even looks correct.
can we get a picture of the inside of the lugs? Are there any machine marks?

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
Damn it! I need my 000 now!! This thing is amazing! The CG is just fine to me- the corners are sharp enough and nothing to worry about imo.. H-Fact back to the top!

Here is a close up from one of seads pics..

image1_zpsace3137a.jpg

kampachi

Renowned Member
7/1/14
Imo, the Pam390 case is still superior. The only interesting thing that i found on this watch is the dial! It has the gen like 'feel' with the lume construction though i wouldn't know how it really looks like irl. Perhaps, dial/hands from H-fact and 390 case? :eek:hwell: *Its worth noting that the crown lever has the correct angle now(?)

nicktan182

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/13
I'm thinking abiut ordering a 390 and 417 from this latest batch of hfact luminors, if I do it'll be quite interesting to see how they measure up to their Noob/kw counterparts

kampachi

Renowned Member
7/1/14
I'm thinking abiut ordering a 390 and 417 from this latest batch of hfact luminors, if I do it'll be quite interesting to see how they measure up to their Noob/kw counterparts
Since you have the watch with you, is the lume flat or does it still have the round sausage-ish surface?

Popklister

2/10/11
Since you have the watch with you, is the lume flat or does it still have the round sausage-ish surface?
I really hope its flat, Its hard to see from the pictures in a phone. But I found this from korkys sale thread over at RG! Looks flat
deffc0c1a851414ca820e4f09bf96ca2.jpg

Bozz

I'm Pretty Popular
4/6/13
Imo, the Pam390 case is still superior. The only interesting thing that i found on this watch is the dial! It has the gen like 'feel' with the lume construction though i wouldn't know how it really looks like irl. Perhaps, dial/hands from H-fact and 390 case? :eek:hwell: *Its worth noting that the crown lever has the correct angle now(?)

Yes mate, it is. The usual problem of HF case is the bezel, bottom bevel is too thick. This caseset is very good to build old models or a 8 days.

2mqw50w.jpg

granvino

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/4/11
I have doubts about the lever tip, but then again, this is only one set of pictures. As for the sausage lume application I can't understand the fuzz. Here's a gen and it doesn't look flat. The strap on Korky's sale thread is the one the H factory 247 'Ferretti' came with, allegedly the best rep strap to date. This zero is a buy folks.

granvino

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/4/11
I don't know BOZZ here's a gen frontal profile

Bozz

I'm Pretty Popular
4/6/13
Imho a bit thinner than HF, maybe isnt so noticeable, but this small flaw bothers me

34njhaf.jpg

kampachi

Renowned Member
7/1/14
I have doubts about the lever tip, but then again, this is only one set of pictures. As for the sausage lume application I can't understand the fuzz. Here's a gen and it doesn't look flat. The strap on Korky's sale thread is the one the H factory 247 'Ferretti' came with, allegedly the best rep strap to date. This zero is a buy folks.

I've seen alot the gen dial for quite a few times and the structure is quite noticeable under the sunlight. i wonder is there a technique to 'shave or flatten' lume on rep dials? :p

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
Imho a bit thinner than HF, maybe isnt so noticeable, but this small flaw bothers me

34njhaf.jpg
It is slightly thicker, but man everything else looks pretty damn spot on..

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Regarding the new Luminor 44mm Bettarini cases, some days ago I wrote about the good quality in a thread on RG and another here in RWI:
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/210592-PAM411-KW?p=2129330&viewfull=1#post-2129330
http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=246769&p=2625883&viewfull=1#post2625883
http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=246769&p=2626342&viewfull=1#post2626342
Seing the new Luminor 44mm Bettarini cases from H maker and KW-V6Fac it seems that Noob V3 case is worse
These H maker and KW-V6Fac cases are very similar between them and also similar to the new Noob case of PAM 390
I actually ually have to say that I'm some time ago thinking all the new cases are the same !!
And that makes sense: Only a case from the same supplier and three "makers"
Seeing all the pics available about this matter I think Noob V3 is a thing of the past

Reagrding the thickness of the lower part of the bezel. I think it is more a problem of a rounded transition edge between the lower part and the slopped surface on the gen. Rep transition edge is sharper and defined.
I commented already this matter in the review of Luminor 44mm cases made in cooperation with Klockis:
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=150417
At that moment only Noob had the rounded transition edge.
I think last Luminor gens had a sharper edge which gives a more nice finish. As you can see from the pics.
I have to say honestly than the finish of the new rep cases looks better than gen. At least old gen cases. Rep edges are better defined and the rep surfaces are less warped and more uniform. See the pics above showed to realize what I’m talking about

Regarding the dial I am really surprised, all the pics I have seen are awesome. It seems that maker has actually changed the lume structure and is using a similar process to the gen lume. You can see the FLAT surface of lume material and the position slightly recessed and placed inside a dial cavity with clearly noticeable, JUST like gen

This rep seems the best PAM 000 ever seen. It seems a true Super rep even with the most exigent modern criteria. We will need to confirm all these good news before a definitive verdict.

Noob have to change urgently all Luminor 44mm cases to the new case of PAM 390 and should think in a new generation of rep sausage dials to can compete. Anyway, Noob V3 case seems already OLD and dead.

Makers have heard and studied our claims and reviews and here we have the NEW generation of Luminor 44mm reps

We will see, well… we are already seeing many changes in Luminor 44mm reps.

I would like to get more inputs and opinions

Thanks in advance
ALE

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
This is historic...did I mention it cost $199 already.. yes yes I did..