• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

So... How big a mistake did I make?

Ballface

20/6/12
Well hello there folks. I recently ordered a Skyland Avenger from one of our TDs and it seems like there's a little mishap with the paint/lume job next to the date window.

Have a QC picture for reference:

PCULLqI.jpg

Now, I thought that it's a pretty obvious flaw that should be fixed without a question. Before I sent my reply to the TD I thought I'd check the picture I sent them for reference as they didn't have it in their website collection... And the same flaw is in the official reference pic. Goddamn.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

For the record, I used this very same picture found on Trevor's website (I didn't order from him though): http://www.trwatch.com/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=590

So the situation is like this: I've been delivered QC pics of the exact product I asked for but since I was such a big dummy I didn't catch the flawed paint job. How screwed am I? Do I hold any ground to ask the TD to fix the dial?

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
If you passed the QC. Then they dont have to fix it if they dont want to. But most TDs will help you out in some way.Just ask nicely and go from there.

Ballface

20/6/12
If you passed the QC. Then they dont have to fix it if they dont want to. But most TDs will help you out in some way.Just ask nicely and go from there.

I didn't approve the QC photos. I've had to reject the watch once before (had a black dial instead of gray) so I'm wondering if their patience is wearing thin. I'm kinda antsy to get the watch too since the process has taken a couple of weeks already.

photo not working

Try the link: http://i.imgur.com/PCULLqI.jpg

s3g0y

Renowned Member
15/12/10
Don't hurry. Reject again if you are still not satisfied.

Ballface

20/6/12
Update: Sent an email last Thursday about the issue and got a reply from the TD 2 minutes ago. Looks like it's no problem to change the watch, so I got my panties in a bunch for no reason! I hope the anti-rep crackdown won't affect my deal.

Ballface

20/6/12
Update 2: Urgh, I got sent QC pictures with the same flaw again. What's worse is that the chrono is running in them so I have no idea if the chrono hands will reset properly to 12 o'clock. I'll try rejecting it one last time.

edit: I also noticed that the hour and minute hands are painted with silver paint instead of white and aren't black at the base. Double urgh. I wonder if this watch is from a different factory entirely than the V2/V3 Skylands.

edit 2: Yeah, the TD can't source the correct watch at all now. ******* shitballs. Now I'll have to pick another watch, too bad since I definitely wanted the Skyland.