• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sinn U2 V3 Review

optical

Renowned Member
31/1/10
Here is a quick review of the latest Sinn U series watches that have recently been updated.

Im officially naming the new versions recently released as V3, you heard it here first. Biggest update change was the fact that they were released with the new bracelets, a first for Sinn reps. Also updates to dials.

I had a U2 V2 and loved the watch, always regretting selling it. When these got released, I couldn't resist.

Changes:

The bracelet option which many people wanted (which I didnt go for) I had the all black and loved the stealth look of it, when for the same again. The rubber and clasp are the same as my previous one no updates. Rubber is still the same dust magnet all us Sinn owners know. Clasp is actually pretty scratch resistant, very decent coating on it.

Dial:
Bit of history, the V1 U2 had a good dial, but the AR capsule at six oclock was basically a big Lume dot, not the recessed hole with the capsule behind like the gen.
On the V2 this was fixed, but as we know in the rep game, they fix one thing screw up another. The 29 and 31 markers on the dial were missing!
Thank the gods with the V3 this is fixed, dial is very close to gen! excellent update. They claim to also have super lume, which I doubt, lume feels about the same, the dial is slightly better, but the hands are pretty shite.
U1 dial was perfect from the get go, only update to that I can see is teh same superlume claim.

Caseback engraving is a little shallow, my last caseback was better, not sure what happened here. First thing I did was pop the back off, lubed the gasket, and the crwon, and hit the water. This is a very easy watch to setup for a swim, naturally if your paranoid get it tested to be sure, but I just went in with both of mine and didn't have problem. Just make sure your case back is tight, and crown is screwed down.

Ar, is still the legendary AR we Sinn owners have coem to expect. This is the best AR, on any rep I have ever owned (And I have owned a lot). Infact in one comparison of re vs gen, the rep AR was better! sounds crazy, but if you see on of these in person you'll know the hype. Dunno which factory does the AR on these but bravo!

Onto the pics!

Look ma, no glass!
IMG_1482.jpg

IMG_1484.jpg

IMG_1486.jpg

IMG_1491.jpg

IMG_1504.jpg

IMG_1505.jpg

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
Very good review. I have one that should arrive today. I will post pics when i get it.

optical

Renowned Member
31/1/10
Pretty much, I was a bit paranoid that I would get a V2, I really wanted the updated dial because V2 dial has a big tell. The TD told me they are all selling the latest version now.

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
Thanks for the review, that looks so genuine! And AR, just so legendary! Makes me wanna get one again...

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
Here is a shitty pic of my sinn. Best ar I have ever had of any of my watches. Best by margin. Will post better pics later.
vevagu6y.jpg

Sent from 1:1 app mad with a gen tapatalk as sample.

gtanak

I'm Pretty Popular
24/5/10
Actually V1 had the best AR capsule cos it was a removable white plastic concave button. Problem was hole on dial was too small and needs modding. I know cos i was one of the guys modding the V1.

This latest version and the previous version has too big a hole IMO compared to gen and white AR capsule is flat, gen is concave.

Next, like all previous versions, the crystal is flat. Gen is slightly domed and this is starkingly obvious as a flaw beside a gen. My rep U2 has a domed crystal and the dial really Pops.

It is however a step in the right direction, just not quite there again. Good that they improve small brands like Sinn though

gtanak

I'm Pretty Popular
24/5/10
u3aqy7u5.jpg

Domed crystal pix I found

/http://home.watchprosite.com/img/watchprosite/home/81/raw/home_image.822981.jpg

s3g0y

Renowned Member
15/12/10
great photo's, nice lume on the U1

As the matter of fact the lume on U1 sucks!
If the lume was ok and the colour of the indexes would be white in a daylight and match the hands I would definitely keep my U1. But I let it go.... and miss it now... ;)

fourth

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
11/12/13
Date looks a little off, but the dial looks incredible sharp.
Thanks for the review.