• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First purchase - went wrong

Phasio

Getting To Know The Place
25/9/17
Ordered an AP 15400 some time at the end of September - and been waiting ever since to receive it. It entered my country (according to tracking) mid October and haven't received anything. THe post office confirmed that they've lost the parcel apparently.

Ryan claims it has been delivered - even if it contradicts the tracking number but as it's deemed a special case, they're willing to reimburse me 50%.

I'm sure the watch would've been beautiful (QC photo was great) but the post-order process with Ryan / Intime has been tedious, takes 3-5 days on avg to get a reply.

I've opened a ticket of course but I felt I should share my unlucky first-time experience.

D

d4m.test

Don't know if it's fair to lay blame to InTimie when it's actually a Post Office screw up. Once the package ships, the TD's part is really been completed with the exception of a piece confiscated in customs or a DOA movement.
I understand it's very frustrating since your hard earned money is gone and you have nothing to show for it. Maybe they can do something for you, price wise, on a replacement.

Good luck.

D

d4m.test

Ordered an AP 15400 some time at the end of September - and been waiting ever since to receive it. It entered my country (according to tracking) mid October and haven't received anything. THe post office confirmed that they've lost the parcel apparently.

Ryan claims it has been delivered - even if it contradicts the tracking number but as it's deemed a special case, they're willing to reimburse me 50%.

I'm sure the watch would've been beautiful (QC photo was great) but the post-order process with Ryan / Intime has been tedious, takes 3-5 days on avg to get a reply.

I've opened a ticket of course but I felt I should share my unlucky first-time experience.

Which country are you in?

How did the post office confirm to you that they had lost the watch? Did they confirm that they had it at one point, but now they have lost it?

WatchestoPlay

Timelord
12/8/16
So you are blaming intime for your post office’s problems? :atwitsend:
As someone else said, intime is not responsible for your post office screwup. You didn’t need to start this thread. A help desk ticket was enough.

D

d4m.test

So you are blaming intime for your post office’s problems? :atwitsend:
As someone else said, intime is not responsible for your post office screwup. You didn’t need to start this thread. A help desk ticket was enough.

Who's blaming intime? I'm not blaming them for couriers losing it a long the way. I don't however consider it my responsbility either. Also, this is for experience buying from intime and not for what you deem appropriate.

D

d4m.test

Which country are you in?

How did the post office confirm to you that they had lost the watch? Did they confirm that they had it at one point, but now they have lost it?

Denmark. They only confirmed they could not locate the package, nothing else. They never confirmed having anthing else, unfortunately.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Have you tried a secondary tracking source like 17track.net? They typically give more details then the carriers do. Dont' give up hope. There is still a slim chance it'll suddenly show up. The site is peppered with stories of this occurring sometimes months afterwards.

D

d4m.test

Don't know if it's fair to lay blame to InTimie when it's actually a Post Office screw up. Once the package ships, the TD's part is really been completed with the exception of a piece confiscated in customs or a DOA movement.
I understand it's very frustrating since your hard earned money is gone and you have nothing to show for it. Maybe they can do something for you, price wise, on a replacement.

Good luck.

Thanks for your reply. It wasn't confiscated, which apparently would've served me better had that happened. I'm not blaming Intime for the screw up though - they're not couriers. I was however hoping that they accept the risk, which is usually how ordering online works - but I recognize that when ordering reps that may be different.

D

d4m.test

Have you tried a secondary tracking source like 17track.net? They typically give more details then the carriers do. Dont' give up hope. There is still a slim chance it'll suddenly show up. The site is peppered with stories of this occurring sometimes months afterwards.

Thanks, I'll check that out :)

D

d4m.test

Denmark. They only confirmed they could not locate the package, nothing else. They never confirmed having anthing else, unfortunately.

As @teddy875 said, sometimes, more often than not in my experience, the package does eventually turn up. Best of luck.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
It would be better if we did not have to pay our TDs until 10 weeks after we received our watches. If we are not happy with them, no need to pay anything. The TD carries the risk all the way. Also if the watch fails during the first year the TD needs to reimburse us 100% of the purchase value. If we are called out the TD reimburse us 200% of the purchase value.

In OP case I think INTIME should reimburse him 300% for damages!! - and send 2 x new watches chosen by OP free of charge. Also consider kicking INTIME out as a TD due to failed delivery!!

D

d4m.test

It would be better if we did not have to pay our TDs until 10 weeks after we received our watches. If we are not happy with them, no need to pay anything. The TD carries the risk all the way. Also if the watch fails during the first year the TD needs to reimburse us 100% of the purchase value. If we are called out the TD reimburse us 200% of the purchase value.

In OP case I think INTIME should reimburse him 300% for damages!! - and send 2 x new watches chosen by OP free of charge. Also consider kicking INTIME out as a TD due to failed delivery!!

Appreciate the sarcasm. However, this subthread isn't reserved for great experiences exclusively. I, mistakenly I guess, thought the TD carried the risk for a watch being delivered or not.

D

d4m.test

Without tangible proof that the package is lost im surprised theyre even willing to reimburse 50%. If word got out that TDs would issue a refund just because we claim the package never arrived, liars and theiving scumbags would put them out of business in no time. I believe you and Im not accusing you of course, but some unsavoury punks would think nothing of receiving the package and then claiming otherwise to get their money back.

DrJohnWatsonJr

Supporter-*NOOB FRIENDLY*
Supporter
27/12/16

Hey I think this is a little uncalled for... OP specifically stated he doesn't blame Intime at all for the shipping issues and is simply sharing his experience of what Ryan did to help resolve his issue. I don't think he's necessarily complaining about the TD but more about informing potential buyers of his situation.

Normally, new buyers are quick to blame the TD and demand a free watch or something of that sort, OP in this case hasn't indicated any of the above.

Very unfortunate situation and I hope it gets resolved for both parties!

D

d4m.test

Without tangible proof that the package is lost im surprised theyre even willing to reimburse 50%. If word got out that TDs would issue a refund just because we claim the package never arrived, liars and theiving scumbags would put them out of business in no time. I believe you and Im not accusing you of course, but some unsavoury punks would think nothing of receiving the package and then claiming otherwise to get their money back.

The post office confirmed they could not locate the package = it's lost. In any case, they only hold the package for you for two weeks max, even if they had it. It entered Denmark a month ago.

I get your point that there are scammers (the onion guy comes to mind) but this package literally never arrived. What made my experience even worse, is the fact that I'm waiting 3-5 days on average to even get a reply from the TD. The package should've arrived a month ago and I've been in contact with Intime a couple of times in the past week - as I did not want to create a ticket before I attempted to somehow solve it with them.

D

d4m.test

What did the last update on the tracking info say?

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
Hey I think this is a little uncalled for... OP specifically stated he doesn't blame Intime at all for the shipping issues and is simply sharing his experience of what Ryan did to help resolve his issue. I don't think he's necessarily complaining about the TD but more about informing potential buyers of his situation.

Normally, new buyers are quick to blame the TD and demand a free watch or something of that sort, OP in this case hasn't indicated any of the above.

Very unfortunate situation and I hope it gets resolved for both parties!

Im sure the package will turn up!! Its very unfortunate for the OP that this is taking forever -and the tracking now is idle. Its not a great first purchase but this is not the TDs fault. Im not blasting the OP but many newbies are jumping the gun way too fast with disputes and unauthorized cash backs.

D

d4m.test

Im sure the package will turn up!! Its very unfortunate for the OP that this is taking forever -and the tracking now is idle. Its not a great first purchase but this is not the TDs fault. Im not blasting the OP but many newbies are jumping the gun way too fast with disputes and unauthorized cash backs.

You weren't blasting me? You literally wrote that I should reimbursed 3x and given free watches, as to imply that I'm being ridicolous. The post office confirmed they couldn't locate the package and I never mentioned anything about chargebacks or anything of the sort.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
You weren't blasting me? You literally wrote that I should reimbursed 3x and given free watches, as to imply that I'm being ridicolous. The post office confirmed they couldn't locate the package and I never mentioned anything about chargebacks or anything of the sort.

"Ryan claims it has been delivered - even if it contradicts the tracking number but as it's deemed a special case, they're willing to reimburse me 50%"