• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Show us your Moonwatch

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
696ff8928e0f5e20912b7bc0af6541d3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Galenik

22/7/21
EU
696ff8928e0f5e20912b7bc0af6541d3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very nice shot! I love the strap monster! Fun fact: I just tried out a new black rubber strap and a new black sail cloth on mine (not so sure about the latter one..).

Is this a Forstner strap?

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
Very nice shot! I love the strap monster! Fun fact: I just tried out a new black rubber strap and a new black sail cloth on mine (not so sure about the latter one..).

Is this a Forstner strap?
This one is Uncle Seiko's. The only Forstner I have the is the Komfit.

WatchnScotch

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/12/10
I think I need to pick one of these up. Anyone have a suggestion on which version gives the most value? I know they haven't changed much over the years except the newer ones have a sapphire crystal version.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
I think I need to pick one of these up. Anyone have a suggestion on which version gives the most value? I know they haven't changed much over the years except the newer ones have a sapphire crystal version.
Depends on your budget.

I got lucky with mine. I bought mine (hesalite, 1861 movement, big ass box that I love etc) right when the new one (3861 movement) hit the stores.

I chose hesalite because it's more purist to the moonwatch heritage.

The guy who sold it to me had bought it less than a month before they announced the new version and was in dire hurry to sell it cuz he made a deposit on a new one and I think I got a great deal on it. $4,000 a year ago for a barely used, still stickered, less than 3 months old Speedmaster.

Deals like mine can still be had on WUS and Reddit.

You can definitely get a 3570.50 (same as mine but without the big ass box etc) for about $3,500 or even less.

Reactions: Galenik

WatchnScotch

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/12/10
Depends on your budget.

I got lucky with mine. I bought mine (hesalite, 1861 movement, big ass box that I love etc) right when the new one (3861 movement) hit the stores.

I chose hesalite because it's more purist to the moonwatch heritage.

The guy who sold it to me had bought it less than a month before they announced the new version and was in dire hurry to sell it cuz he made a deposit on a new one and I think I got a great deal on it. $4,000 a year ago for a barely used, still stickered, less than 3 months old Speedmaster.

Deals like mine can still be had on WUS and Reddit.

You can definitely get a 3570.50 (same as mine but without the big ass box etc) for about $3,500 or even less.

Good point, I do like that big ass box! Thanks for the response, I have been looking around a bit.

Galenik

22/7/21
EU
Thanks for the bracelet info! Wow, what cool story! Similar to mine except I paid 500$ more but straight from the AD (was a great experience).
I maybe got one of the last older ones with the big box and Hesalit crystal due to the heritage of the watch. Got the first one in August 21 and the second one September (because of a dial imperfection). @WatchnScotch If you want one you should decide soon because I think that’s one of the few Omega models that just become more and more expensive.
Good luck and fun on the „hunt“ ;)