• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Show us your cars!

Lebron James

Horology Curious
9/7/10
Maty,

I have to know, what line of work in Montana is supporting your ability to pay cash for such amazing vehicles? Are you trading commodities?

If you don't feel like letting the world know, you can shoot me a PM. Or if you think I'm too forward you can tell me to go to hell. I will completely understand.

As for me, I freaking love Montana. Spent a month traveling around Montana, Wyoming, and Idaho and it is the best part of our country. Unfortunately I work in the banking industry which keeps me married to the east coast. If I knew of an occupation that could set me up with a Montana ranch and an Aston, I'd consider pursuing.

By the way, I'm not trying to say you are a trustafarian (one that is living off a trust fund that likes weed and doesn't work) or that there is no way you can be creative enough to be successful in Montana. I am sold on the authenticity of your situation, that's why I'm asking a bold question, and I want to live in Montana.

staugur

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/3/10
plate

I'm intrigued by the plate on the aston. Could that be "college fund", "Colorado girl friend" or what?

Matyoka

Renowned Member
5/7/10
Staugur,

College fund is the answer :)

James,

We moved from Central Jersey to Montana through a job transfer. I was fortunate enough to invest in a two family home in the Rutgers University area in the late 80's and sold it for a nice profit when the prices hit the roof in 2006. No trust funds involved, not a millionaire's aire and I busted my butt to be where I am. I was born and raised in Europe, so pretty much I had to start from scratch with no hand outs. I started my career with banking while attending Rutgers than moved on to be a linguist for the Dep of Defense and my present employment, well... let's say I make a good living compared to Montana standards. I hope this answer fulfills your curiosity and with regards to banking positions in Montana, I would say that there are many booming cities state-wide and good jobs are out there. Montana's unemployment rate is one of the lowest in the nation...

PS: I bet JC will be asking for bank statements and original birth certificate... Soon ICE will be banging on my door as well!!!

JC7

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/6/10
great answers Maty.. please scan a copy of your bank statements for reference as well as original birth certificate.

staugur

15/3/10
Staugur,

College fund is the answer :)

There's only one response to that.......................

corvette2002.jpg

TimTimmington

30/5/10
Jerry, my 1993 Rover Mini, whom lost his numberplate in a tragic trailer off loading incident.

CyPXcl.jpg

kohanjj

21/6/10
Love the Mini! That's the only one of my 'dream cars' that I've yet to obtain in life. Over here in my part of the States they are rare as hen's teeth, and bloody expensive when they can be found.

I'll trade my BRG on Tan XJ6 for the Mini, if you throw in the shipping :lol:

kohanjj

Jerry, my 1993 Rover Mini, whom lost his numberplate in a tragic trailer off loading incident.

CyPXcl.jpg

donaldejose

I'm Pretty Popular
20/12/08
My fun vintage rides

1991 Mazda Miata with 84,000 miles

DSC_0150.JPG

DSC_0149.JPG

2000 Porsche 911 with 18,000 miles

DSC_0152.JPG

DSC_0155.JPG

Equally fun cars, just best suited to different speeds.

Matyoka

Renowned Member
5/7/10
Very nice Donaldejose!!! Pleasure seeing a nicely maintened Porsche like yours.

donaldejose

I'm Pretty Popular
20/12/08
My favorite ride!

Matyoka:

I would love to have your Aston; maybe someday when the price drops to 40K.

I was born in North Dakota, have relatives in Montana. Western Montana is a beautiful area (in the summer).

Those photos were of my favorite vintage rides.

Actually, my favorite ride is this one:

/

/

resized_amaller2.jpg

My wife!

What do you think? How do her lines compare to the beautiful lines on the body of your Aston? By the way she is 53, rather vintage also I guess, but well maintained like the Porsche.

donaldejose

I'm Pretty Popular
20/12/08
I thought the comparison was humorous.
Curved lines are beautiful, on women and cars.
I wonder why both appeal to us guys?

Matyoka

Renowned Member
5/7/10
Dunno Donald, but truth is that cars with those curves make me crazy...

JC: I was saying that the word that came to my mind in comparison to Don's wife was: Exquisite, Elegance and even Bijoux :)