• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Show off your TC Subs...

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
This is one of the main differences between a gen and a replica clasp. See how much thinner the metal is on the replica clasp, this extra metal is what gives the genuine one it's weight. The lack of the extra metal makes the rep feel too light and more like a replica. With a 16610, the feel of the watch is all in the bracelet. This is where JF and ARF and it seems TC too will drop the ball when you have a genuine 16610 in one hand and a replica in the other. The genuine will feel better/heavier/more substantial with the extra weight dangling in your hand from an open bracelet.
Also, because the metal is thicker the stamped impressions are deeper, more defined and consistent..

jOUA0L.jpg

A genuine clasp (or bracelet) would be an amazing upgrade to one of these.

Last edited:
Reactions: C Master

Om3ga_guy

Respected Member
28/12/10
Canada
Hey guys, I’m finding the end link fitment not so great on my TC V7.

Anyone know what other bracelets give you good fitment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Did you happen to have a link I’m way out of the loop on this - as in this one : https://ginault.com

No, but Ginault and TC have the same 1:1 case. You could order a bracelet through John (ginault) for around $150 or so. Just email [email protected] and John will answer back. He may take a while to answer back but hope that helps. Just remember the Ginault bracelet is solid, not hollow. You can use your clasp. The sides of the Ginault bracelet are polished too. Overall it’s a better bracelet and it should fit being 1:1 case.

Last edited:

Om3ga_guy

Respected Member
28/12/10
Canada
No, but Ginault and TC have the same 1:1 case. You could order a bracelet through John (ginault) for around $150 or so. Just email [email protected] and John will answer back. He may take a while to answer back but hope that helps. Just remember the Ginault bracelet is solid, not hollow. You can use your clasp. The sides of the Ginault bracelet are polished too. Overall it’s a better bracelet and it should fit being 1:1 case.

Dude super helpful - I will give this a go.

Thank you!

Reactions: Vvvlllooo

Om3ga_guy

Respected Member
28/12/10
Canada
My watch box today consists of my favorite gen pieces but I do keep two special reps in there - this TC being one of them:

TC V7
Gen eta 2834 (pulled from a donor Tissot, Misiekped serviced. Running +4 seconds/day)
Gen Rolex bezel insert
Gen Rolex crystal (with laser etched crown)
Gen click spring/washer
VSF crown (much sharper than TC)
Reworked spring bars to get good end link fitment
Gen 93250 clasp

0c0c3fbf8a3c3b141099b4f07ed43521.jpg

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Can someone confirm for me please.. will a TC V6 take a 3135 movement? I have the chance at getting one, if I do the idea would be to franken it. Thanks

EagleBear

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/15
SoCal
Can someone confirm for me please.. will a TC V6 take a 3135 movement? I have the chance at getting one, if I do the idea would be to franken it. Thanks

Yes there have been many combos created one of your best recourses here is occb2 he has built a number of them even to the point of everything Gen with a TC case.
You should definitely PM him. cheers

Reactions: StreetFighter

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I may have been let down. Folks, I have a brand new VSF126610LN Submariner, if anyone would like to swap with their TC16610 V6 or V7, please get in touch.