• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Show off your GMT Master II

wolfiqar

6/6/20
United Kingdom
c158ffd8a3f92f716f2b65d3d910b777.jpg

mchulst1

Known Member
22/10/19
CONUS (SC)
Over the last few month I have bought and sold several BLNR Reps and numerous gen parts trying to get together a franken BLNR. As you guys know these parts are tough to come by. I got lucky this past week and found for sale a nearly perfect 116710BLNR Franken

Noob V11 116710BLNR Case
ARF GMT Oyster Bracelet
Serviced VR3186
Gen Crystal and Gasket
Gen Crown
Gen Case Tube
Gen Bezel Assembly and GEN INSERT BAM!
Gen Dial
Gen Hands
Gen Date Wheel
Gen Automatic Module
Gen Jumping Hour Module
Gen Hour Wheel

The bug bit me with this one so I decided to push it a little further to a ridiculous level. I was able to get a great deal on a Gen 69200 Jubilee Bracelet New/Unworn and a Like New, Serviced Gen 3186 Movement. Bam!

I’m hoping to have watchservicesny look over the movement and swap it into my Franken as soon as he is available. And hopefully get this Noob Case looking a little sharper. Can’t wait to show you guys the final results. Here is how it sits now!

NPD

7/2/22
EU
mchulst1 Wow! Congrats - amazing looking piece! And with the upcoming mods, you're really pushing the boundaries between rep & gen (without going gen that is).

May I ask you where is it that you were lucky enough to come across this franken? I should definitely check that source here onwards.

mchulst1

Known Member
22/10/19
CONUS (SC)
I bought it from a member of a Facebook group:
The Superclone Exchange-USA Only

They have there own US Based Trusted Dealers that Sell US stock reps. The page also has member trading/selling as well. A lot of good stuff on there. For high value sales the page admins also offer themselves as a middle man “escrow” for free if you wanted to take advantage of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wilsonpepper

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/8/21
This is my new GMT VTNR. I had LA Watch Works brush the bracelet, so that no PCL's exist. Came out great ! Clean Factory watch.

Reactions: scottsettle

wilsonpepper

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/8/21
Here is a photo of my Pepsi GMT, Oyster bracelet, brushed by LA Watch Works. Clean factory crystal has been replaced by Prof.
Watch is fantastic !

Reactions: Keishara

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
- Gen bezel and gen insert
- Gen superluminova dial
- Gen superluminova hands
- Gen date disc
- Gen 704 crown
- VSF crystal
- VR3186 movement
- Swiss 7030 triplock tube
- Aftermarket gen-spec eBay hytrel ring (the stock ARF bezel's hytrel ring is not gen-spec)
- ARF 116710 base

20211126-103418.jpg

Last edited:

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
- Gen bezel and gen insert
- Gen superluminova dial
- Gen superluminova hands
- Gen date disc
- Gen 704 crown
- VSF crystal
- VR3186 movement
- Swiss 7030 triplock tube
- Aftermarket gen-spec eBay hytrel ring (the stock ARF bezel's hytrel ring is not gen-spec)
- ARF 116710 base

20211126-103418.jpg

Beautiful watch....but......please buy gen crystal bro!!!

:)))

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
Beautiful watch....but......please buy gen crystal bro!!!

:)))

hahahaha thanks. But I just can't justify the cost of a gen AR crystal yet.

However, I accept that the AR clarity of a gen crystal's cyclops is better than the VSF. The VSF cyclops can appear cloudy under certain lighting and viewing angles.

Nonetheless, VSF is not bad for its price!

mchulst1

Known Member
22/10/19
CONUS (SC)
My Genstine 116710BLNR on Jubilee is leaving this week to get the case refinished by Backwoods Jon and then to WatchservicesNY to have the gen 3186 swapped in.

In the mean time I have a Franken CF 126710BLNR with another watchmaker that had gen crystal, gen click spring, tension ring, hyrtel gasket, gen crown, and jumping hour module installed. But now with this genstine I will have no place for it in my collection. I will be posting it for sale when I get it back.

My question is what to do with the heavy mod VR3186 that is coming out of the Genstine. It has a gen automatic module, gen date wheel, Gen jumping hour module, gen hour wheel, and was recently fully service. It is silky smooth, keeps very accurate time and has very little variation across all positions. It also has virtually no hand wobble when using the jumping hour now. Should I drop this in the batgirl to sell as a package, offer it with the batgirl for the buyer to mod, part it out or sell as a unit here. Also tbh I’m not sure what a fair price is to ask for the modded movement since it was built by the previous owner and I paid for the watch as one single item. I don’t have a coat breakdown like you normally see for sales. All I have is an idea of what these parts would cost to build if I tried to do it today. Picture of the batgirl after the cosmetic work was completed. Just for fun.

ba3c4998671178748bf6ff2dc79e695d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk