• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Show off your GMT Master II

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
15807054442330.jpg

Reactions: Markangel and JTL12

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
I asked the seller for a video to help me authenticate. It’s attached at the link below. I think it looks gen to me. I called my AD to see if they could tell anything from the SN on it. The Rolex watchmaker said there is no database and they authenticate looking at the watch ad a whole and cannot use serial numbers. Thought it was interesting.

Anybody see any tells I’m missing. It needs to be refinished but it looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you ever end up getting the gen case?

I 'm thinking wether to do the same with my superfranken 116710LN as I'm just 3 gen parts short of a full gen watch.

One way to authenticate the case would asking the seller for a video where he snaps in a gen bracelet. If the bracelet snaps right in with gen springbars fully extended and the SEL's look identical on all 4 sides its most probably gen. Better yet take your gen bracelet and gen springbars to the seller and try that out yourself.

No bracelet snaps in with gen springbars with ease and snap like a gen bracelet on a gen case with all 4 SEL's looking perfect and identical.

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
My MK3!
The impressive thing about the pepsi gen MK3 bezel is how and how much it changes color. With direct sunlight in some angles it takes on the colors of the MK1!
Any rep will never have that!

Look 2 pics same bezel:

Reactions: autqp and KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
My MK3!
The impressive thing about the pepsi gen MK3 bezel is how and how much it changes color. With direct sunlight in some angles it takes on the colors of the MK1!
Any rep will never have that!

Look 2 pics same bezel:

Congrats on your gen bro. Nothing but the best for you my friend, well done!

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Where i can read about how to franken batgaril

you cannot completely franky the Batgirl (126710) as you do not have the clone movement that houses the dial and the hands gen. You can only fully freeze the 116710 as in almost every high end gmt you will find the clone of the 3186 movement which will accept all gen parts. If you want to franky the Batgirl or the Pepsi just put the CF stock crystal bezel and DW gen leaving the CF dial and hands (which are great for me)

Last edited:

Ben.o.

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/8/22
Israel
you cannot completely franky the Batgirl (126710) as you do not have the clone movement that houses the dial and the hands gen. You can only fully freeze the 116710 as in almost every high end gmt you will find the clone of the 3186 movement which will accept all gen parts. If you want to franky the Batgirl or the Pepsi just put the CF stock crystal bezel and DW gen leaving the CF dial and hands (which are great for me)
There are some cons thats bateer me.
This is i want to franken
.. Basel was really smushed and didn't click at all, then I repaired the Basel at a local shop
.. Lum is really bad, quality of Pagani Daizin.
anyway All in all not bad, but you expected more for such amounts. By the way, I also performed a leak test, and it is not leak proof

Ben.o.

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/8/22
Israel
There are some cons thats bateer me.
This is i want to franken
.. Basel was really smushed and didn't click at all, then I repaired the Basel at a local shop
.. Lum is really bad, quality of Pagani Daizin.
anyway All in all not bad, but you expected more for such amounts. By the way, I also performed a leak test, and it is not leak proof