• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Show off your GMT Master II

NPD

7/2/22
EU
I wouldn’t ever be able to validate if it’s gen or not, but I am in awe watching at the pace you’re sourcing every single genuine part for this piece - keep it going and please do keep those updates/photos coming!

thinker1

26/11/17
4f4ee28ca57f79b28cbb928432dcc5c0.jpg

mchulst1

Known Member
22/10/19
CONUS (SC)
I wouldn’t ever be able to validate if it’s gen or not, but I am in awe watching at the pace you’re sourcing every single genuine part for this piece - keep it going and please do keep those updates/photos coming!

I asked the seller for a video to help me authenticate. It’s attached at the link below. I think it looks gen to me. I called my AD to see if they could tell anything from the SN on it. The Rolex watchmaker said there is no database and they authenticate looking at the watch ad a whole and cannot use serial numbers. Thought it was interesting.

Anybody see any tells I’m missing. It needs to be refinished but it looks good.

https://youtube.com/shorts/qQJ28RDkji0?feature=share

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21
Same watch, different light angles! I don't know what EWF did on that insert but I'm impressed!

Specs for the records:
- EWF Case set + Crystal (could've been better) + bezel assembly
- EW hours, minutes and seconds hands
- ARF Bracelet (assuming it's the same one used in CFs; Y8C clasp code)
- CF BLRO V1 dial + GMT Hand
- VR3186

Any marks you might see on the bracelet and case is dust, no scratches

Posting below some pics of both EWF and CF V1 before mash up

Stock EWF came with the crappy fake meteorite dial and wrong bright red GMT hand on a full SS case (no WG engravings whatsoever) so it was perfect for the mix'n'matching. I might source a CF 116710 BLNR dial + insert and blue GMT hand to make a batman out of it since the CF V1 minute hand is short.

Only 3 cons of the end result is no lip (as in most pepsi reps), date wheel sitting slightly low and of course crystal (but hey, no milky gasket!). I had to compromise with either rehaut misalignment or low DW so I went with the second as it's not as visible in 10-31 dates (dial feet had to be cut).

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020