• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Show off your collection in one shot!

GDorantes13

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/5/21
Gen silver linen dial
Gen 16000 case and case back
Gen steel engine turned bezel
Gen hands
Gen bracelet, clasp
Rep end-links
Gen plexi
Rep DWO
Gen Swiss ETA 2836
Stunning, if you ever plan to get rid of it please let me know.

lost-cavalier

prisoner of time
Supporter
Certified
5/11/22
That's a beautiful collection, congrats! Could you please tell us the details about that linen DJ up in the right?
Good eye! I was taken in by the Daytonas! - what a great collection 👌 - and here's me wondering if I should pull the trigger on my first submariner

Reactions: GDorantes13

KruisingKhaos95

Chairman of Daytonas Anonymous (got any?)
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
20/9/21
Spion Kop - The Scouse Republic
My very..... diverse.... collection 🤣

KhUW9n.jpeg

jacklarssen

Known Member
Supporter
11/6/21
Many thanks Mr, really, it’s very kind of you!!!!!!

Santos GFs are so good, and I understand because every day I want to pull the trigger on the blue PVDs,

looking at them all close together for the pic I understand why my wife is not happy with this addiction jajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaja

Last edited:

KruisingKhaos95

Chairman of Daytonas Anonymous (got any?)
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
20/9/21
Spion Kop - The Scouse Republic
Many thanks Mr, really, it’s very kind of you!!!!!!

Santos GFs are so good, and I understand because every day I want to pull the trigger on the blue PVDs,

looking at them all close together for the pic I understand why my wife is not happy with this addiction jajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaja

You're very welcome mate and I agree, I had the GF 40mm Santos a while back but sold it, ideally, I'd like to try and pick up the 35mm version but I believe they are hard to get now (might be wrong).

Reactions: jacklarssen

Reaps

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/22
You're very welcome mate and I agree, I had the GF 40mm Santos a while back but sold it, ideally, I'd like to try and pick up the 35mm version but I believe they are hard to get now (might be wrong).
Imho BVF fixed the floating R and is now firmly the superior model.

Reactions: CF_Stan

Reaps

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/22
Interesting, admittedly I haven't looked too much into the BVF models, I always assumed that GF was still largely considered as the best Santos to date. I'll have a look into them!
BVF

Better crystal, GF has some very weird frosted distortion at the edge
Used to have the floating R , but it was fixed 6 months ago I believe - only applies to the colored dials last I checked
The seconds hand is correct unlike GF (GF has a curved seconds hand, BVF has the correct non curved variant)
GF screws are glued on in bracelet, BVF is actually screws

jacklarssen

Known Member
Supporter
11/6/21
Yes unfortunately GF is closed, Sead recently confirmed this information to me,

perhaps they will reopen soon, this would be desirable because I think in all humility that GF watches are extremely good in terms of manufacturing QC and very premium details.

Last edited:
Reactions: KruisingKhaos95

CF_Stan

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
14/6/23
UK
I was trying to line up a DLC Santos and Sead said there had been no news out of GF since CNY, not sure if they're still going or not.

@jacklarssen really interesting collection, thanks for sharing. The chronofighter looks like the rebel child in there :) .From the way you talk about GF watches I think the answer will be no, but doesn't hurt to try. So if you ever want to let the DLC Santos go please keep me in mind 🙏.

Also one of the big differences between BVF & GF Santos reps is the lume, BVF don't lume the dial which is a shame.