• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Short review: The Dark Knight rises

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Here you go flofas

They look the same when viewed casually but of course, details will differ.
ZKDa13.jpg

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Here you go flofas

They look the same when viewed casually but of course, details will differ.
For the sharp eyed, the tachymeter for the watch on the right was installed that way as an inside joke during the time the photo was taken for the intended party. Please do not mind that. :hehehe

Plucks

6/2/17
Wow you even muck around with your gen watch! Lucky you have the skills to do so without wrecking it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Wow you even muck around with your gen watch! Lucky you have the skills to do so without wrecking it!

The joke was to create a misaligned tachy for the gen and make it look ridiculous.
I also put a stainless steel bezel on it once lol

Reactions: Allure

watchlover162511

Horology Curious
30/7/17
Dark Knight sure looks great. Thanks for posting for us, Legend. I’m considering this Dark Knight now.
Btw, could you also post the weights of these 2 watches when you have a chance? I’m curious about the weights as one is SS vs the other titanium.
I have my other titanium (Novelty 2017 44mm), and it tips the scale at 164.0g.

Luvwatch

21/8/14
Thank you for your input luvwatch.
The A7750 sec@12 is problematic by design and no modder will be able to make the chrono work more reliably. A movement service along with a Swiss mainspring replacement will make the movement more reliable but does not change the problematic nature of the chrono. You need to keep off the chrono if you want your movement to operate more reliable. Servicing will improve the timekeeping and power reserve of the movement but not improve the disastrous design of the modified movement with regard to the transfer gears and chronograph. Please do remember that.

The gen Dark Knight straps are actually nothing to shout about, the quality is ok but not much, if at all better than the rep straps. Visually the rep and gen will look VERY similar in real life. Of course, in the forum, the discerning member will be able to list all the differences between the gen and rep but remember we wear our watches in real life and not the forum. The forum is an academic and learning platform where large static pics are seen for learning and assessment. A lightly modded rep Dark Knight will look impressive on the wrist in real life. I’ve modded 2-3 of these and seen a rep in the wild and each of these look more than 90% close to the gen visually on the wrist in real life, IMHO. The black dial and dw helps to obscure the dw position flaw and the hands, though different at the base, look close enough to the gen.
The eyes will be drawn to the stark and beautiful contrasts and perfect blend between the dial, bezel, midcase and the two tone straps.

This is a beautiful Offshore model to own (gen or rep) and it’s really striking in person. Congrats to you for making the choice you did 1.5 years ago. You likely understand the consistent visual appeal this piece has. :)

Thanks for the explanation about he Chrono. Good to know.
in his hobby, it’s all about appreciating the beauty of the watch as a piece and sacrificing the usability of the Chrono for the price, I think it’s totally ok.

For what I’ve read, there are lot of he members who, as me, own gens and reps and are pretty happy with both. It’s a beautiful hobbie and I have to tell that the knowledge in this forum far exceeds from the average on a lot of gen forums.

Really looking forward to sending you my DK.

Reactions: andybilsy

andybilsy

Supporter AB
Supporting Vendor
Patron
Certified
How amazing that us newbies can look back on these posts from way back, and feel vilified that someone has our backs, just about to pull a trigger on an old AP. [h=1]Havana Brown[/h]
old school, or not ?

Reactions: Nono92

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
How amazing that us newbies can look back on these posts from way back, and feel vilified that someone has our backs, just about to pull a trigger on an old AP. [h=1]Havana Brown[/h]
old school, or not ?

The Havana ROO is a good model too. The issue with the rep is that the lume on the dial markers are too white. On the gen its an off-white cream color.