• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SH3135 power reserved problem

timto1388

16/10/16
United Kingdom
Hi everyone
I got JF LV with Sh3135 movements
Its been serviced and when my watch maker done it he told me the winding wheels have problem so I bought another set with rotor to change it but the problem is still the same
Please share some experience if you know how to sort it out
Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
I have no idea what your watchmaker did, but it's almost impossible to locate the problem with just that information.
Power reserve problems means either your train wheels/ escapement; barrel; or winding system is faulty.

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
I also had that problem with my SH movement. It's at the watshmith for over a month now.
I also had other problem blend with 2 different SH movements.
I'm ether unlucky with those movements or SH is simply unreliable.
In comparison, All my SA3135 (Noob) movements run great.

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
the problem is only when you wear the watch or also when is manually winded?

timto1388

16/10/16
United Kingdom
I have no idea what your watchmaker did, but it's almost impossible to locate the problem with just that information.
Power reserve problems means either your train wheels/ escapement; barrel; or winding system is faulty.

I have change new whole set of winding wheels and rotor but it's still the same

gamba66

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/15
SH really seems like a headache!

I still vouch for a swiss eta instead

lukko

Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
I know that's a simple question, but you charge the watch also manually or only with a shake?

If you never manually charge your watch ti is normal , BUT SH and SA movement are famous to have a not good autowind module, and that's beacuse some people put gen autowind module on SH/Yuki movment, for better performance.

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
I have change new whole set of winding wheels and rotor but it's still the same

Can you fully wind it manually and then observe the power reserve?
If it has full power reserve when manually wound, you would know that your problem sits in the autowindmodule.

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
Can you fully wind it manually and then observe the power reserve?
If it has full power reserve when manually wound, you would know that your problem sits in the autowindmodule.
This would be my next suggestion: wind it manually and measure the power reserve. I'm confident the problem is in the autowind module and you can expect around 30h of power reserve when manualli winded.

:)

lukko

Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
This would be my next suggestion: wind it manually and measure the power reserve. I'm confident the problem is in the autowind module and you can expect around 30h of power reserve when manualli winded.

:)

Already checked :) PR it's about 42/43 hours with manual wind and some winds with hands

poiuy

Renowned Member
10/10/16
When it on my wrist everything is good the time keeping well , but when I take it off the watch stop after fews hours

x2

I don't really have issues with this though :)

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
What does that mean?

Sorry, i'm a noob :(

It's a piece of the movement, if, when you unscrew the crown, the stem not engage the winding, there is a problem on the positioning of the stem and his wheels.

You need a watchsmith :) :)

But, be sure this is the problem. To manually wind the movement, you just need to unscrew the crown, not pull out in the hour change position.

poiuy

Renowned Member
10/10/16
It's a piece of the movement, if, when you unscrew the crown, the stem not engage the winding, there is a problem on the positioning of the stem and his wheels.

You need a watchsmith :) :)

But, be sure this is the problem. To manually wind the movement, you just need to unscrew the crown, not pull out in the hour change position.

I'm not too bothered about the manual wind to be honest, would just be nice to have.

As soon as i pick the watch up, and theres slight movement, it works fine.

If and when i do get it serviced, i may just get it looked at then :)

poiuy

Renowned Member
10/10/16
Just tried it again this morning, and i had to rotate the crown a number of times, and then felt a slight resistance :)

It now winds manually :D