• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Scratches on AP? How to remove?

Dhelpiero

Known Member
12/8/19
Hi guys! I know this topic might have been discussed somewhere but I just couldn’t find it. As you know Ap like 15400 is a scratch magnet. How do u remove scratches, blemish and abrasion for it. Say on the case,bezel and links etc. Thanks

Prince.Pam

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/2/20
Don`t these watches have sapphire crystal (also the reps)?

Suux88

22/4/12
you learn to live with a scratch

AP is a scratch magnet

Every scratch tells a story

If you can't live with it, AP is not for you (a big reason I am not a huge fan)

Dhelpiero

Known Member
12/8/19
Suux88 as a Senior member, if u do not have a solution or a constructive good advice, you can keep it to yourself. I’m here to seek knowledge. Thanks!

Erikfit

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/10/19
you learn to live with a scratch

AP is a scratch magnet

Every scratch tells a story

If you can't live with it, AP is not for you (a big reason I am not a huge fan)

MEGATRUE!! but this is a part of the life

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Hi guys! I know this topic might have been discussed somewhere but I just couldn’t find it. As you know Ap like 15400 is a scratch magnet. How do u remove scratches, blemish and abrasion for it. Say on the case,bezel and links etc. Thanks

Yes this topic has been discussed before and someone posted the procedures he used. It involved partial disassembly of the watch, a certain grit of sandpaper and making a jig to do the work on. I hope you find the thread on this.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Suux88 as a Senior member, if u do not have a solution or a constructive good advice, you can keep it to yourself. I’m here to seek knowledge. Thanks!

Hey Mate - If you are here for knowledge, be humble first. Stop being defensive and make such posts about other members.

It is widely accepted that 15400 is a scratch magnet. It is not for someone who is constantly looking for scratch fix. You can try a cape code cloth or dremmel polish to remove the surface ones but it will keep coming back. As Suux88 suggests, every scratch tells a story and eventually you will have to get over it.

Dhelpiero

Known Member
12/8/19
Thanks for the advices. Anyway anyone knows about the grit number of the sandpaper used? Sorry if this topic is a bit boring for those seniors out there.

Prince.Pam

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/2/20

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

What does your question have to do with the topic please?

Anyway to answer the OP, scratches on 15400 are commonplace and I don’t think the above gentlemen was being flippant or rude when he told you to get used to the scratches... because if you wear it enough, you WILL get scratches.

To remove them, I use polishing cloths of different grit or cape cod (depending on the finish) and a dremel with the appropriate tip helps. If you’re pedantic about scratches on watches I’ll advise you to consider other models instead of the steel bracelet APs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure