• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Santos Dumont versions currently available?

160million

🎰 Rien ne va plus
Certified
14/4/19
Vice City
Yes, received. Sorry for not uploading pics yet I've been swamped with work. Although, I can say it is a really good rep, except the strap. Replacement strap is a must!
and you gonna order the big size or stick with the small?

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
So finally uploading pics... many months later! Happy to say the F1 small I bought for my wife is now something she loves. My thoughts are this is an excellent rep and does demonstrate how ridiculously over priced the gen is. Literally marketing and branding!

That said, the strap the rep comes with is absolute trash so a new strap is a must. I bought her a new one from delugs and it fits superbly and feels superb.

I don't think you will find a better rep at this price point!

Pics below.

Oh, and I like it so much I just bought the XL from trusty for me :)

Shakeeb

Looking Around
31/1/24
I can't speak for the small but I have the F1 and it's a nice rep. Cartier font a little thinner than gen but other than that great. I bought the gen strap for it which was more than the watch which is great upgrade

Hi parto, Where did you order the watch from? Can tou send me a link and a link for the strap. Thank you

cubicmangoes

Time is free, but it’s priceless.
Patron
Certified
9/9/21
Is there any word about AF coming out with these? They usually are my preferred choice for Cartier because of overall quality and central minute pin height.

GoProHero

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
1/2/17
Looks really good. Mine should be here soon too now CNY is over. What's your first impressions?

Did you got it already?

Ordered thru Trusty? I have been pending ordering this but was not aware that the XL was available.

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
Did you got it already?

Ordered thru Trusty? I have been pending ordering this but was not aware that the XL was available.
It's on its way to me from Trusty now. CNY holds everything up for a while but I'll post pics when it arrives

SD92

Chrono Enthusiast
13/4/20
Hello Guys thanks to some reviews here, I 've just ordered the F1F size L model from Intime. It should arrive next week I will share photos and impressions with the group

Reactions: wolfmasterbane

GoProHero

Supporter
Certified
1/2/17
Here is my F1 XL experiment.

Purchased a gen used strap with the metal inserts off eBay that was described as 19mm (lug) x 18mm for the end (clasp).

The metal insert does the job of hugging the strap against the case, but there is a space/gap that is not present on the gen (well not as evident, since in gen there is one but very subtle). Don’t know if the strap that I got was meant for another Cartier or what, but I will try buying a ZicZac or Delugs one specifically for the Dumont to see if it is thicker or with more height in order to cover that gap.

Also had to get an 18mm aftermarket buckle (Amazon one) since the one that comes with F1 is 16mm .

Last edited:

thisisallen

15/12/12
Here is my F1 XL experiment.

Purchased a gen used strap with the metal inserts off eBay that was described as 19mm (lug) x 18mm for the end (clasp).

The metal insert does the job of hugging the strap against the case, but there is a space/gap that is not present on the gen (well not as evident, since in gen there is one but very subtle). Don’t know if the strap that I got was meant for another Cartier or what, but I will try buying a ZicZac or Delugs one specifically for the Dumont to see if it is thicker or with more height in order to cover that gap.

Also had to get an 18mm aftermarket buckle (Amazon one) since the one that comes with F1 is 16mm .

Ligerstraps.com is another option for Dumont straps.
Delugs describes their strap and states that it is the same as the gen. They say their Dumont straps are 2.5mm thick, and that thickness is consistent from the lug to the end of the strap.

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
Really want a gen strap for my Santos Dumont, anyone try to go to Cartier to get one?

GoProHero

Supporter
Certified
1/2/17
Actually just bought one, and will get a Delugs for a different watch

Can you share a pic?

I tried the Miami boutique but they didn’t have any in stock, only pre order from NY.