• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sad news, GF/GOF closed and doesn't accept anymore orders, no more 43mm Bathyscapes! (2024 May)

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Sad news indeed

Reached out today to try and grab a Titanium Bathyscape after 8 months of debating

Was informed GF/GOF took a "holiday" since 2 months ago, stopped accepting orders, and no new old stock of the Bathyscape

Really sad since they did the best Bathyscapes in the game!

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
I'm more surprised that they were still alive at all. When I asked about GFs for many months, I was told that GF was dead and that GOF did not produce watches, but only marketed old GF stocks.

Reactions: Reaps

Reaps

-
25/9/22
I'm more surprised that they were still alive at all. When I asked about GFs for many months, I was told that GF was dead and that GOF did not produce watches, but only marketed old GF stocks.
Rep game is rep game, I heard it both ways.... wish I had picked up a Bathyscape and a Superocean '57 Rainbow.... that's life

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Rep game is rep game, I heard it both ways.... wish I had picked up a Bathyscape and a Superocean '57 Rainbow.... that's life
Same. Seems that it is just not worth the self-debate. Just catch and release if it doesn't work.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
What I've noticed is Rolex is Rolex, there will always be factories cloning that, but the weird obscure models are probably one and done runs become really difficult to find...
Yup, best example for me was back in the day the older Seamaster reps... should had kept them all... sigh

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Sad news, I too was debating on getting a Titanium Bathyscape as they looked fantastic

They also made the best Breitlings out there, thankfully I have a SOHII and Top Time Zoro which are incredible

Hopefully another maker has interest in brands other than Rolex…Rolex…Rolex :ROFLMAO:

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Those of you reading this. Try to see if TD can help source this....

They do black/blue/green and even the Mokarran no date variant.

I asked and they said this is leftover of leftover GF parts assembled together with some new parts. Mine came wrapped in GF sticker....

Close inspection reveals it's inferior to GF in fine details. The bezel marking font is wrong, the seconds hand is painted red but wrong (it should have a tiny bit of steel), and the rotors are a little old/discolored (probably old stock).

But the case is definitely GF.... and so is the dial.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
thanks for the update although am not a fan of Bathyscape
It looks better in real life than in the photos to be honest. I don't know, once you've seen it all, the Bathyscape is pretty interesting. I think I prefer it to the Hulk I currently have. Plus the ceramic case is light and comfortable.

Only thing is I wish it was a little bit thinner... no need for this watch to be 13.8mm lol