• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sacha Baron Cohen at the Oscars

BADWIN BING

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/10
Just wondered what you guys made of this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhAg0COnqds&feature=player_detailpage"]2012 Oscars: Sacha Baron Cohen vs. Ryan Seacrest - YouTube[/ame]

Shameless self-promotion, comedy genius or total prick?

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
I like sascha, but a bit far fetched, IMO. bit funny too....(giggles)

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Irreverence to people who really have done nothing to be revered is priceless!!
Good for you, Sasha!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
..any more you just have to laugh at the whole charade. Hollywood, Kim IL, Middle East leader, hmmm I strangely find similarities between all three. The Middle East isnt killing the west, the west is killing the west.

Genius prick I'd say
thinking-015.gif

frodostar

I'm Pretty Popular
7/10/10
suprised they let him in there is a couple of rules the oscars have 1, being no political promoting and all that PC bullshit 2, you cant promote new films etc, saying that it caused a stir and therefore gets media attention, looks like mission accomplished for Cohen. (dont think hes as stupid as he makes out, still love the stuff he did years ago the best when dennis pennice was on the show ,cant remember the name but he was Ali G..........hilarious !!!!!!!!

joe_chill

I'm Pretty Popular
19/2/12
Good for Sacha messing up Ryans jacket, who cares =P Was afraid it ruined Ryans watch but that was not that bad IMHO.

BADWIN BING

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/10
No one can take the piss like Ali G (aka Cohen):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U03MHLnhZYY&feature=player_detailpage"]Ali G Politics - YouTube[/ame]

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Fair play to him, bunch of pretentious wnkers at that event, at least he doesn't take grandiose ego massaging orgies like that seriously...I'll bet a few bouncers had him marked all night after that, can imagine a few execs sh*tting themselves hoping he'd behave for the rest of the night! Good man Sacha!

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
Well, it's the entertainment industry. If at least one person is entertained they've all done their job.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Retard.

I had the displeasure of watching part of one of his movies. For the life of me I can't understand why he's nothing more than one of those YouTube videos with rating and comments disabled to prevent people from blasting him into oblivion for doing nothing more than one asinine stunt after another. Mike Tyson has more comic genius in one little finger than SC has in his whole family tree.... (now that's funny!)

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
Retard.

I had the displeasure of watching part of one of his movies. For the life of me I can't understand why he's nothing more than one of those YouTube videos with rating and comments disabled to prevent people from blasting him into oblivion for doing nothing more than one asinine stunt after another. Mike Tyson has more comic genius in one little finger than SC has in his whole family tree.... (now that's funny!)

says you

joe_chill

I'm Pretty Popular
19/2/12
Sacha has his ups and downs, just like all other artists. Borat and Ali G are still his best though.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
I don't particularly like him, I just like the fact that he has managed to wind whole countries up, even having members of government in Kazakhstan commenting on his derisory behaviour :) In the end they took it at face value and realised it was all good fun...it even boosted the tourist industry.

Also like the way he managed to wind up the entire Jewish community, many got it....but many didn't know originally that his name was Sacha Baron Cohen, ...most 'got' it in the end.

Shameless self promotion...sure, but he does it in such a self depreciating manner that only the most stiff humourless creatures would be appalled. In today's horribly politically correct world he is a welcome relief!

Btw the whole oscar ceremony is one of the most horrible examples of back-patting empty flattery ceremonies ever staged.....he should have disrupted it more!

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
At first I was sorry for Seacrest. But then .......

You know how much he got paid that night? $$$$ Seacrest knew something was going to happen. All part of the job I guess.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Btw the whole oscar ceremony is one of the most horrible examples of back-patting empty flattery ceremonies ever staged.....he should have disrupted it more!

On the other hand it's a perfect example of back-patting empty flattery ceremonies ever staged. Narcissism on parade. :lolcina:

I dare say we have funnier comedians right here on the forum. If we could only get some TV coverage of our 6th aniversary birthday gala, now that would be worth attending.:facepalm::lol: