• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Eyecandy: Fakeymariner PVD sans date

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
Recently I got a very nice piece from Fakemaster:
A PVDed Submariner without date (and hence without cyclops).

The watch is the nicest rep that I got so far. The bracelet feels very smooth and has a more "consistent" feel to it than all other bracelets that I had until now (barring his Omega, this is another story). The clasp is very nice and quite different to those that I have seen.

Movement is 21j, it winds like butter. The crystal has the hologram crown in it that can only be seen at a certain angle. No engraving on the rehaut and everything else very smooth. Also this one has the nicest pearl that I have seen in reality here. I think that a lot of dedication went into the building of that watch.

The most exciting part is the PVD coating. It is very smooth and very shiny. At first I was very cautious because I didn't want to chip it. But I am getting braver every day. The PVD doesn't sugar coat everything, that was amazing to see. The inscriptions on the bracelet are clearly visible. The crown clearly shows the Rolex logo. And the black is very cool.

fakemaster is a funny guy to chat with and he really took care of everything in the process.

Enjoy!

i007.jpg

i010.jpg

i011.jpg

i008.jpg

avenger007

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
21/2/09
Looks great Doc! A no-date Fakeymariner is on my list. His PVD pieces are the real deal, wearing my GMT today. Congrats!

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
looks good, and glad you got it out from customs

watchman1

Renowned Member
21/11/06
I know that part of the reason, you love your new watch is because you can CLEARLY see the quality, craftsmanship and workmanship that FM puts into all of his pieces. I know, I own a Fakemaster PO.

Its almost seems silly for me to say, "enjoy your watch." I know you already do.

RD

Horology Curious
18/4/09
PVD is a very durable coating that is used in a variety of applications. It can only be applied to stainless steels. One common industry using this coating is the Golf industry. Several putter manufacturers have used this coating on putters.

jonymacmadcap

Horology Curious
3/11/09
IM NEXT!!!!

Got one of these beauties coming to me soon!!! I was going to go for the SS version, but the siren song of the PVD and these pictures pushed me over the edge. I can't wait....This will be my first REP and I am glad it is a Fakey.....cant wait!!!!

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Oh man I am definitely looking up Fakey for my next piece

jonymacmadcap

Horology Curious
3/11/09
THey are so clean looking.

I esp love the PVD Dateless. Just so traditional and clean. I am just so excited to get it on my wrist!!!!!!