• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RWI's Richard Mille Owners Club

GrapeJam

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/14
The carbon nadal is looking fantastic!, I do hope they do a V2 though because there are a few small changes that could easily be made, but in their current state are quite big giveaways. The case screws on the gen appear to be sand/media blasted, this is the same for the thin strips of metal decorating the movement holder, blue AR of the crystal, the white strips along the tachy should not lead into the white dots, and then of course, the crown should be carbon too!

wooky492

Put Some Respect On My Name
21/9/12
The carbon nadal is looking fantastic!, I do hope they do a V2 though because there are a few small changes that could easily be made, but in their current state are quite big giveaways. The case screws on the gen appear to be sand/media blasted, this is the same for the thin strips of metal decorating the movement holder, blue AR of the crystal, the white strips along the tachy should not lead into the white dots, and then of course, the crown should be carbon too!

+1 Also brighter and thicker techy markings. Brighter Yellow letters.

jamztio

I'm Pretty Popular
10/1/12
The seconds hand itself is already wrong. The side case is also not carbon. The tachy ring @ 12 and 6 isn't slanted. So there's a lot of things wrong but I don't expect them to nail everything at this stage. Maybe a few years down the road when a maker takes RM rep seriously but not now. This is already a big step forward in my book.

yonggi

1/3/15
I think most of us here are not expecting perfection (ie closeness to gen) when we're looking at RMs

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

wooky492

21/9/12
I think most of us here are not expecting perfection (ie closeness to gen) when we're looking at RMs

+1 as long as it doesn't scream fake from arm's length, i am happy. [emoji16]

jamztio

I'm Pretty Popular
10/1/12
Yep that's what I've been trying to say. I don't even want to enter into anal-mode when I'm here.

*Sent from my fingers using my head*

wooky492

21/9/12
Yep that's what I've been trying to say. I don't even want to enter into anal-mode when I'm here.

*Sent from my fingers using my head*
Haha that's right. We are on vacation here from anal AP land. Lol

GrapeJam

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/14
The seconds hand itself is already wrong. The side case is also not carbon. The tachy ring @ 12 and 6 isn't slanted. So there's a lot of things wrong but I don't expect them to nail everything at this stage. Maybe a few years down the road when a maker takes RM rep seriously but not now. This is already a big step forward in my book.

I completely agree - this is a massive step for the RM rep world! I'm really glad they're giving RM a try again. I really hope they give the 005 a shot again.

Yeah, we'll definitely never get perfection, and we'll probably never get to the same standard as say the latest AP divers because of the complexity of the RMs but I think the factories could definitely get pretty close on some models. And there are a lot of small things that could be easily corrected but will manage to make a big difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yentob

22/7/12
To be honest, I am still holding off. I am really hoping something comes out that will wow us and will be at least 80-90% close to gen. It can be achieved, will just take a factory that's committed and someone who has a good eye. Just look at some of the high end APs. It takes a while, but I think it will come.

wooky492

21/9/12
Time to dig this one out..

Nice one Pete. I have RG version but your ss looks very nice.. flipper inside me says "Buy~!"
Lol
Besides, the rg plating is not so great. Slight bump leaves permanent mark.

Mine says hello
668ed0b2e3a191db69a6546f4177be61.jpg

wooky492

21/9/12
are most of the rubber lint magnet?
Yes. black rubber is massive lint magnet. Not sure about other colors such as white. [MENTION=64642]aflop[/MENTION] says white is also magnet for lint. .

Wish the factory made the strap to AP rubber quality.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
To be honest, I am still holding off. I am really hoping something comes out that will wow us and will be at least 80-90% close to gen. It can be achieved, will just take a factory that's committed and someone who has a good eye. Just look at some of the high end APs. It takes a while, but I think it will come.
I think is near impossible; non of the APs that was well repped is skeleton as a start. I'm not expecting too much, atleast correct the date wheel and its font and case roughly the same size as gen I'm pretty happy.

pe.geffroy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/3/14
In my opinion they should start repping easier model such as the 005 or some others, starting with a 035 or a 011 is starting to run before walking...

Tempus fugit, utere.