• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My favorite Sub...still.

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
I'm watching all this madness with Subs these days... BP, Noob, V1, V2... This flaw... that flaw... Bad pearl... Misaligned markers, crowns... Crooked cyclops...
I bought my Sub 4 years ago, from Mary. I didn't ask for anything special, just regular two tone Sub with Swiss ETA and wrapped gold. Now... I'm looking at this watch... Perfect pearl... Fantastic, crispy font... Correct crown guards... Perfectly aligned cyclop, markers, etched crown... Even AR on the cyclop. What's happened with factories these days?
This is not my daily beater, but I wear this watch A LOT. Still looks great.

murkness

2/4/13
Is the crown supposed to be fully locked in a perfect perpendicular orientation like that on Gens? Just wondering as I have some rollies that do, and some cheaper ones that don't. makes you wonder :hehehe:

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
Beautiful watch there George. I think these so called factories make watches with flaws on purpose to keep selling newer versions. How's magnification on your sub? I couldn't see on my phone too well.

Sent from 1:1 app made with genuine tapatalk as sample.

Luthier

30/9/09
Is the crown supposed to be fully locked in a perfect perpendicular orientation like that on Gens? Just wondering as I have some rollies that do, and some cheaper ones that don't. makes you wonder :hehehe:
Yes, crown is absolutely vertical, like on gen.
Magnification on cyclop is perfect, I compared to gen.
Never checked lume before, so, shot a pic. Quite good too.

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
Do you know which "factory" it is from?

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
Bad reps from the factories........

Well from what I have heard, Mary DOES care about selling you a really, really good rep. Always. Others don't. If they do, then maybe not too much for us all. After all, we are all thousands of miles from them. Hard to complain when a distance like that separates you and the TD. A lot of buyers simply don't complain at all. Not worth the trouble and the hassle. I believe forums like this one should have a "pick of the best' or a "pick of the lot" from our TDs. After all, all of us combined, we are a really big chunk of the TDs total sales. And we have a combined voice. Let the unknowns who come out of nowhere in the web to buy their reps get second best. We certainly deserve better. They are out there. It is all in the TDs hands. And he certainly knows what he is shipping. Or should know. So we should never accept second best. We fuel the industry in a big way, so every TD owes it to us, and return us the favor. Always. We really deserve better. Much better. :RWI:

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Well from what I have heard, Mary DOES care about selling you a really, really good rep. Always. Others don't. If they do, then maybe not too much for us all. After all, we are all thousands of miles from them. Hard to complain when a distance like that separates you and the TD. A lot of buyers simply don't complain at all. Not worth the trouble and the hassle. I believe forums like this one should have a "pick of the best' or a "pick of the lot" from our TDs. After all, all of us combined, we are a really big chunk of the TDs total sales. And we have a combined voice. Let the unknowns who come out of nowhere in the web to buy their reps get second best. We certainly deserve better. They are out there. It is all in the TDs hands. And he certainly knows what he is shipping. Or should know. So we should never accept second best. We fuel the industry in a big way, so every TD owes it to us, and return us the favor. Always. We really deserve better. Much better. :RWI:

That's why I've chosen to do business for a while with one person. It's good to have that kind of TD.

That's a sharp watch Luth

carlton

2/10/11
This is beautiful. I wish those factory is making TT watch with wrapped gold.

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
We finally have answer to who has the best sub?

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Pearl is shitty, LEC is massive and far too obvious and there's no AR on that cyclops.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Yes, crown is absolutely vertical, like on gen.

Another piece of nonsense. Direction of the crown when screwed in is as random on a rep as it is on a gen. Rolex only recently filed patents for a crown system that would allow it to be the correct way up at all times.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Oh I'm sorry, did you not want those flaws pointed out? It's a nice TT sub with a wrapped bracelet but there are still issues with it. This is irregardless of the fact the older subs are far easier to replicate than the new ceramic ones. So it's not really a relevant comparison.

Luthier

30/9/09
1. I never said it's absolutely flawless watch.
2. I never said it's a replica of ceramic Sub.
So, definitely the post above is a nonsense.