• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RWI's Richard Mille Owners Club

aflop

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/5/13
51608f400837595849f9096601b0ec60.jpg

Getting my hands on this to try from a source onshore, will give reviews shortly!

nairda

6/1/14
Was looking at this one on perfect clones yesterday.
Please make a lot of pictures side by side with your AP to see the exact size

Envoyé de mon GT-N7100 en utilisant Tapatalk

GrapeJam

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/14
It doesn't seem like they've improved at all since I bought a RM011 rep back in 2011. The rubber, date font/window and the numbers are awful. All that's changed is they've managed to coat it in white

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PGWDaddy

Renowned Member
10/5/14
It doesn't seem like they've improved at all since I bought a RM011 rep back in 2011. The rubber, date font/window and the numbers are awful. All that's changed is they've managed to coat it in white

You're exactly correct. Those things haven't changed. I'm noticing I may be the only one willing to search for a mod to fix them. If we wait for the factories to get it right and a TD to source it, it could be a few years.

The case coating is a big step forward, in my book. The dial is a lot better too. It's a good bit of progress.

GrapeJam

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/14
I think they are attempting the wrong models. They should start off with the RM005/010 and work on getting those to a good standard before they attempt anything else

wooky492

21/9/12
I think they are attempting the wrong models. They should start off with the RM005/010 and work on getting those to a good standard before they attempt anything else

^^^^ This + 1 ^^^^

GrapeJam

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/14
^^^^ This + 1 ^^^^

I wonder if there is any way we can get in touch with the factories to express the interest. It seems that everyone here would be very happy with a decent 005/010 rep, maybe we can push them back in the right direction, they were on the right track years ago with the first 005s

wooky492

21/9/12
I wonder if there is any way we can get in touch with the factories to express the interest. It seems that everyone here would be very happy with a decent 005/010 rep, maybe we can push them back in the right direction, they were on the right track years ago with the first 005s

I heard they are working on super 011 with Angus.. but whether Angus is involved or not, I still don't understand why they bother with one of the most complicated one with brittle 7750...

If I was the factory owner, I'd slap in a real toubillon on 036 as the rest of the dial is one of the simplest RM which would be easy to replicate almost 1:1

pe.geffroy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/3/14

Sadly this is not really possible... That what happened for the LW The one everyone was hot about it and asking for it, the factory made it and invest a lot, it comes out that the quality was not awesome and all the people "supporting" the td for it endend by not buying it and it was a huge flop, from this experience factories don't want to listen to much what people says.
But for this RM if they do it right there's chances that it works out well

Tempus fugit, utere.

GrapeJam

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/14
I heard they are working on super 011 with Angus.. but whether Angus is involved or not, I still don't understand why they bother with one of the most complicated one with brittle 7750...

If I was the factory owner, I'd slap in a real toubillon on 036 as the rest of the dial is one of the simplest RM which would be easy to replicate almost 1:1

It's interest that they focus so much on the 011. I use to like it, but compared to some of the latest models and even compared to the more simpler 005 and 010 I've always felt the 011 looks a little bit tacky

GrapeJam

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/14
Sadly this is not really possible... That what happened for the LW The one everyone was hot about it and asking for it, the factory made it and invest a lot, it comes out that the quality was not awesome and all the people "supporting" the td for it endend by not buying it and it was a huge flop, from this experience factories don't want to listen to much what people says.
But for this RM if they do it right there's chances that it works out well

Tempus fugit, utere.

That's a real shame, I feel like a lot could be achieved through factories, TDs and established forum members working together. Especially if the factories were to seek expertise and advice from some of the more detail oriented modders and watch smiths we have here. They could ask them about the their current dial color instead of just blindly releasing crap that isn't even close

PGWDaddy

Renowned Member
10/5/14

Funny thing is, when they first attempted the RM005/010 they were fairly close, particularly with the date wheel and font. Somewhere along the way, they good idea fairy told them to change what they got correct.

PGWDaddy

Renowned Member
10/5/14

Tempus fugit, utere.

Not to mention, people still buy watches with all the flaws anyway. They still make their money.

PGWDaddy

Renowned Member
10/5/14
That's a real shame, I feel like a lot could be achieved through factories, TDs and established forum members working together. Especially if the factories were to seek expertise and advice from some of the more detail oriented modders and watch smiths we have here. They could ask them about the their current dial color instead of just blindly releasing crap that isn't even close

At this point, they factories have to need to consult anyone. They're still making money selling the bad reps.

wooky492

21/9/12
Proof that factories don't listen to us...

While we are debating about 035, 055 or even super 011... they release 028.!

Puretime just listed all new (but all the same) RM028 :shameonyou:

jamztio

I'm Pretty Popular
10/1/12
That 035 deco is much better in size than the 055. Hopefully my TD can get the 055 soon.
Anyway, the 028 has been released for a while. It's just that PT only listed them yesterday. Other dealers have them for quite some time now.

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
That 035 deco is much better in size than the 055. Hopefully my TD can get the 055 soon.
Anyway, the 028 has been released for a while. It's just that PT only listed them yesterday. Other dealers have them for quite some time now.

Agree the deco size is much better. I wish the 55 had similar size [emoji17] hopefully in v2 [emoji12]