• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RWI member "plastic" Paypal disputed my AP FC 44 sale

damocles

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
21/12/15
Im a little upset that you posted this thread , before even giving the moderators a chance to respond, as i just woke up to your PM , and was just on here before i went to bed.... did you fill out a helpdesk ticket before posting this ?

How ever , since you did start this thread, and i havent received a answer from you in the PM , i will ask it here.

In your sales thread , you stated that you had just received the watch a couple of hours before you posted the sale , then a few hours later the watch was sold , so when exactly was this 48 hour power reserve tested ?

Anyway , the unauthorized PP is wrong and Plastic needs to drop it or risk being banned .

this will be dealt with .

Raddave PM replied you.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
PM recieved

Alcander

19/6/13
Incredible!!
And what can be the outcome with PayPal?

Enviado desde mi SM-N9005 mediante Tapatalk

plastic

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/11/16
Hi everyone sorry for the late response. Its New Year.

Before i explain my part do let me apologies for filing a dispute without consulting the mods. I was afraid of being cheated.

When i receive the watch i did fully wind it and checked the chrono / sweep but i realize the sec hand keeps stopping at some point. The power reserve is literally a few seconds apart. Everytime it stops i have to shake the watch the get it moving again. So i tried running the chrono and again the movement stops randomly. I tried wearing it for a day and when i move my wrist at certain angle the movement will stop.

I PMed the seller about this problem and didnt get a reply for 24h so i thought seller was being dishonest, was already aware of this problem and yet chose to sell it to me.

I even checked with a local watch smith and he told me it MIGHT be the balance wheel problem but he is not sure because he didnt wanna open the watch yet unless im pretty sure id give him to him but theres no gurantee it can be fixed or it might just die anytime being a modified 7750 sec @ 12 everyone knows its a problem.

I will close the dispute if seller can rectify the problem but looking at how it is now i guess he will need to give me a full refund and ill send the watch back with video proof of me packing / sending it or secondly i can send it to a watch smith / modder in my country who is also a reputable member on this forum to check the watch and quote me a repair cost then the seller will have to bare it.

I can send a video proof of the watch movement stopping just PM me your whatsapp number and ill be glad to send it to you, even the mods just to show that im not playing tricks here.

Again my apologies

Sent from the RWI mobile app

atgm

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
21/11/15
Well, that's a good, solid response.

Rabbagasten

I'm Pretty Popular
25/12/15
Wow @plastic ! 24 hours to reply, or else seller is probably a cheater? And still you excuse yourself for a late response because it´s New Years? Kinda rich. I see you have several demands as to how you want this to be fixed, but I don´t think that these terms are yours to decide.
It´s a dick move to dispute PP.

britain4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/15

Before i explain my part do let me apologies for filing a dispute without consulting the mods. I was afraid of being cheated.

When i receive the watch i did fully wind it and checked the chrono / sweep but i realize the sec hand keeps stopping at some point. The power reserve is literally a few seconds apart. Everytime it stops i have to shake the watch the get it moving again. So i tried running the chrono and again the movement stops randomly. I tried wearing it for a day and when i move my wrist at certain angle the movement will stop.

I PMed the seller about this problem and didnt get a reply for 24h so i thought seller was being dishonest, was already aware of this problem and yet chose to sell it to me.

I even checked with a local watch smith and he told me it MIGHT be the balance wheel problem but he is not sure because he didnt wanna open the watch yet unless im pretty sure id give him to him but theres no gurantee it can be fixed or it might just die anytime being a modified 7750 sec @ 12 everyone knows its a problem.

I will close the dispute if seller can rectify the problem but looking at how it is now i guess he will need to give me a full refund and ill send the watch back with video proof of me packing / sending it or secondly i can send it to a watch smith / modder in my country who is also a reputable member on this forum to check the watch and quote me a repair cost then the seller will have to bare it.

I can send a video proof of the watch movement stopping just PM me your whatsapp number and ill be glad to send it to you, even the mods just to show that im not playing tricks here.

Again my apologies

I don't mean to stick my nose in too much but that's not cool!

atgm

Patron
21/11/15
I kind of wonder if the thread should be closed so @Raddave et al can work it out now that it's clear @plastic hasn't flown the coop and there have just been major miscommunications.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
I think you should keep your solutions and expectations to yourself. Beg for forgiveness and ask what should I do to make this right

gavmeister

I'm Pretty Popular
27/5/16

I will close the dispute if seller can rectify the problem ....

Again my apologies

I'm not passing judgement here, but I'd think that if you are truely apologetic about lodging a PP dispute the first thing you might do is to abandon the PP dispute right away.

It seems to me that despite your double apology, you are still wanting to rely on PP to force your proposed solution rather than trusting the Mods to sort it out?

You need to show some good faith to make up for the initial bad faith you have shown. Just my thoughts...

plastic

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/11/16
Hey all,

Understand that there are rules to the forum, and I explained to the @Raddave why the dispute is not dropped immediately. Nevertheless, i have dropped the dispute.

Now it would be up to @damocles how he would like to resolve the issue.

gavmeister

I'm Pretty Popular
27/5/16
Well done plastic,

Raddave is a really good guy and great mod. He will sort this out fairly for both of you. Remember that this can only happen according to the rules that have been in place within the forum for some time.

efajri

17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
I hope this gets sorted out.

However, if I ever sell one of my collection, I will only sell to a member with 100+ posts and been a member for over 3 months or has minimum 2 + feedbacks as buyer.

damocles

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
21/12/15
Hi all,

Plastic sent me a video of the problem of the watch. I was unaware of the problem prior sending the watch out to him, it worked perfectly fine for the couple hours I had with the watch and also did I final checked up before shipping it out. I don't know whether it be damaged during process of shipping or the watch was sent out to me like that from Ken.

Either way these are the 2 solutions I offer:
1. I will check with Ken to see if you can directly send the watch back to him and to have him fixed or exchange a new one for you, as it was an immediate catch and release by TD ken and I only had a couple hours of possession of the watch.
2. I can offer half of the cost for servicing the watch

I think this will be very fair for both me and the buyer, not to mention it is common sense that buyer has to take full "risk" when buying a watch off M2M. There are a lot of potential risks in this hobby and if you made the decision to make this deal, you just have to take on all the risks.

JMS2016

Only Sloths
Patron
Certified
24/2/16
Nice to see something getting worked out properly for once and not just a flame fest and 8 pages of opinions from people who don't have any skin in the game.
Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Hi all,

Plastic sent me a video of the problem of the watch. I was unaware of the problem prior sending the watch out to him, it worked perfectly fine for the couple hours I had with the watch and also did I final checked up before shipping it out.

Either way these are the 2 solutions I offer:
1. I will check with Ken to see if you can directly send the watch back to him and to have him fixed or exchange a new one for you, as it was an immediate catch and release by TD ken and I only had a couple hours of possession of the watch.
2. I can offer half of the cost for servicing the watch

I think this will be very fair for both me and the buyer, not to mention it is common sense that buyer has to take full "risk" when buying a watch off M2M. There are a lot of potential risks in this hobby and if you made the decision to make this deal, you just have to take on all the risks.

Earlier on you said it had 48 hours power reserve.

damocles

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
21/12/15
Yes I have already explained to Raddave that the reserve has not been tested, but looking at the chart sent by Ken, it was the same with all my other APs that I bought from him and had a power reserve of more than 48 hours, so I was taking an assumption based on the chart.

You are correct the power reserve was indeed not tested on my side.