• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RWG down?

Semaj

27/12/11
Just checkin' which naughty words fly here;

cock
shit
balls
vagina
asshole
barbra streisand
wanker
twat
asshat
pubic hair
anal-leakage
poopy face
Onzenoob

Semaj

27/12/11
Interesting, looks like the only words on the black list are **** and ****. Carry on.

This down time is sooooooooooooo onzenoob

RichardMiami

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/11/11
this is VERY dangerous.. I may have to make a trip to an AD if RWG does not come back soon...............

J-SJ

18/11/13
I dunno, I've come here for some refined discourse and all I see are words like calcidose and Barbra Streisand.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Darn -(see, I can moderate my language according to the surroundings :lol:) - I have to send out a watch I sold on M2M and the buyer's address is in a PM - aarrgghh

Percussive Server Therapy ;)

C4-fixeseverything.jpg

greg_r

Departed Friend
Patron
8/7/08
Working on this at present. We had a crash - not quite sure what cause the crash at the moment, but the crash corrupted the database. How badly is yet to be discovered...

I've fixed the obvious problems and rebooted the server. Taking some backups before we go any further. However, if the database is hosed, we have a two day-old backup that I know is okay, so we won't lose much. Hopefully that won't be necessary - if I can get the db cleaned up again we shouldn't lose anything.

Will report more once I've got a bit further.

RichardMiami

4/11/11
Good luck boss... I understand what that means and it can get ugly..... Your work is greatly appreciated by all! :)

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
Allow me to offer my 10+ years of IT experience and know-how.

If the problem made it to me as network/sys admin level... I would authorize.... a reboot. :p4gtr:

50/50 chance the problem is solved now.

It's not? If I were the Sr. Sys admin with such complications, I would run some diags putting the server under heavy analysis. In the industry, we refer to this process as "googling the problem", follow random strangers instructions found on interweb. If it's fixed, pretend you knew why.

greg_r

Departed Friend
Patron
8/7/08
Db fixed (I hope - at least I can find no further errors).

We're back up - come on home, folks.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Thanks mate! No rush, you take it easy, mmkay?
It was running real slow before it went down. I thought it was my connection and went offline for a few hours. Came back to 404 errors.

Del

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
15/7/10
I think it's down again. Was running fine earlier but started going really slow for me again a short while ago and now I can't get on at all. :(