• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Arsenal Summer Transfers

BADWIN BING

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/10
Mr Thorne, I like you and commend your knowledge of the beautiful game. :)

I was at work today and didn't manage to see the game, although I listened to the full 90mins on the radio and saw 15mins of hilights on the TV tonight.

Although the result was disappointing I was encouraged by the performance of Cazorla. He looks like a tremendous signing........I can see lots of assists and a few goals from the guy.

I have to agree with you on Gervinho, his runs and dribbling were outstanding. I didn't rate him at all last season. Let's hope he fulfills his potential over the next nine months.

Right now I'll happily settle for 4th place. I don't want to be in that position though, as I'm sure you don't either! If we want to be challenging the Mancs and Chelsea we need three quality players in by the end of the month.

Unfortunately, I can't see that happening.

On the bright side.........at least Spurs lost. :lol:

thorne

16600 FTW
8/3/10
Sling City
Cheers mate, just another Gooner in the ranks :)

Gerv took on quite a number of dribbles yesterday, marked difference from his level of self confidence compared to last year. The flick to take him beyond the defender (finally Caz and Poldi got mixed up while shooting) was sheer brilliance. He also tracked back a lot to defend.

Arshavin also ran himself into the ground, for the brief time he was on the pitch. Whats next, Chamakh to start scoring?? :D

I think two players will definitely come in - Sahin on loan, M'Vila/Biglia permanently. I still feel we need a better 2nd choice in goal. Fabianski doesnt seem Arsenal material.

murklemark

I'm Pretty Popular
28/7/10
Loving the amount of Gooners on the board.

Sahin is definatley coming. Hopefully one of the other two as well. Another striker might be on the cards as Bendtner is in 'serious' negociations with AC Mian. Going to be a busy week.

thorne

16600 FTW
8/3/10
Sling City
If Sahin was ever in doubt about joining LFC vs AFC, yesterdays results should make that a no-brainer :D :D :D

I say we should get Ba and Dempsey. Prob get Dems dirt cheap considering his current rebel status.

thorne

16600 FTW
8/3/10
Sling City
Italian press reporting that De Rossi has agreed terms with City. IMO this is the kind of tough tackling midfielder Utd should be signing. Amazing signing for City if true.

RvP should be scared shitless, Rossi is a true hatchet man. Will likely take out both his legs and his face in the next Manchester derby.

thorne

16600 FTW
8/3/10
Sling City
Wow, 475 views already! Another 1100 to go to beat the Olympic babes thread.

Course, they got boobies and all we got here is transfer stuff.

I do have an NSFW pic of Lucy Pinder in an Arsenal shirt, but then this thread would be, y'know, NSFW.

Anyhow,at least I can give you this:

ludivine-sagna.jpg

murklemark

I'm Pretty Popular
28/7/10
Maybe it's because of the all the ground breaking football news, or maybe i've just been viewing this thread too much.

Nice picture btw.

No transfer news for Arsenal today. Sahin close, readying Biglia bid and in talks with M'vilia... same old.

In other news, Man UTD 90% with a deal for Kaka. B*stards.

thorne

16600 FTW
8/3/10
Sling City
Kaka way past his prime. Should've got De Rossi and Sneijder instead.

That is Mrs.Bacary Sagna,btw. The lucky so and so.

thorne

16600 FTW
8/3/10
Sling City
Genius comment on arseblog (who I highly recommend you gooners read,in case you don't yet):

He's going to be like a Nuri Sahin.

thorne

16600 FTW
8/3/10
Sling City
On the bright side.........at least Spurs lost. :lol:

That lot shot themselves in the foot the day they sacked 'Arry. You have to admit he is a shrewd wheeler dealer. Brought in some amazing bargains for Spurs.

Then they sack him because they went on that amazing losing streak to concede 3rd place to us. :lol1: MIND THE GAP!!! :lol1:

And for icing on the cake, they replace him with AVB. :suicide: Now there's ambition for you. Give me Moyes anyday. Its amazing what he accomplishes every year on a fraction of their budget.

Discontent with shooting themselves in the foot once, they've gone and done it again - apparently close to signing Ade permanently. With Modric out, let's see who comes in - anyone coming in would have no CL football. That narrows down the options...a LOT. Just a matter of time before Barca/RM/PSG come sniffing for Bale.

Newcastle look like they could finish above them this year if it stays this way.

thorne

16600 FTW
8/3/10
Sling City
A number of people argue over who was the most influential player for AFC's CL spot last season.

Obviously most insist it was RvP.

I strongly disagree.

My vote goes to...... Martin Fulop. Couldn't have done it without ya, Marty. :lol:

Major props to Kieran Gibbs for THAT last ditch sliding tackle in the same match.

What is your single best memory of last season?

Mine is of the Gooners doing the Poznan after Arteta's goal vs City. Effin PRICELESS.

thorne

16600 FTW
8/3/10
Sling City
Mirror now reports AVB wants Chamakh on loan.

Picture the phone call:

AVB: Arsene? We would like to take Chamakh on loan for a year, is it ok?

AW: Can I think about zis and get back to you? (Hangs up, found rolling on the floor,still laughing his guts out, tears streaming, 15 mins later)

murklemark

I'm Pretty Popular
28/7/10
Lol, lots of buzz about this, Spurs are very desperate for a striker and seem to have no money.

Lots of news suggesting Sahin will be a gunner by the end of the day (a personal phone call from Wenger put him off a move to Liverpool) and reports confirming M'vila is coming to Arsenal this week (Rennes confirm hes coming to the Pren) may even be a double player presentation.

Mirror now reports AVB wants Chamakh on loan.

Picture the phone call:

AVB: Arsene? We would like to take Chamakh on loan for a year, is it ok?

AW: Can I think about zis and get back to you? (Hangs up, found rolling on the floor,still laughing his guts out, tears streaming, 15 mins later)

thorne

16600 FTW
8/3/10
Sling City
Lot of buzz that Capouea also wants to join a CL club, would cost about 12mil. I have no idea how either M'Vila or Capoue play - I don't watch Ligue 1.

Anyone got any idea on their playing styles, defensive/offensive abilities etc? Attitude wise, Capoue seems to have the better reputation.

thorne

16600 FTW
8/3/10
Sling City
Arsenal play Sunderland, with 3 new players (one of whom comes on after 60 min), and Diaby returning from longterm injury. AFC control 90% of the game. Cazorla has a scorcher, after flying 8000 miles and playing 90 min for Spain about 48 hours prior. AFC have some good shots saved. Miss one open chance. Draw.

Next day's headlines: Club in crisis. RvP sale a nuclear disaster. One game into the season....Wenger out.

Utd play Everton, with 2 new players, one of whom comes on after 60min. Start with Scholes. Everton throws everything at them but the kitchen sink. Rattle the Utd bar at least thrice. De Gea pulls out at least 3 goalbound saves. Fellaini unstoppable and eventually deservedly scores. Everton midfield run circles around Utd's. Carrick starts at CB. RvP has a stinker. Everton fans boo RvP. Kagawho?? Utd lose. Deservedly, without making Howard break a sweat.

Tomorrow's headlines: Keep calm and carry on. Utd's new boys just need time to gel. Its just one game into the season. Crisis, what crisis???

In other news, Sahin has completed his photoshoot at Colney. Official confirmation on site probably tomorrow.

murklemark

I'm Pretty Popular
28/7/10
The latest transfer sagas are making me cross-eyed, this Sahin ordeal is a nightmare. We secured him, then he'd going to Liverpool, then we hijacked the deal, then he's on his way, Liverpool hijack the deal. Now he's back on his way.