• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Royal Oak Offshore Diver JF v8 vs JF 1:1

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
For the price it looks great. It's already with @aflop for lowbeat

Sent from my SM-T325 using Tapatalk

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
I did notice that they offer a full Ceramic diver and also a FC diver. Did Gen APs come both ways?

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
Was the Full Ceramic one before the FC one? I was wondering if maybe they replaced the Ceramic with the FC. I can't seem to find much information on them on the internet. From what I gather (but I am probably wrong) the FC is around 2010 model.
I am trying to figure out if I want a Ceramic, FC or PVDed diver.

AstroAvia

Renowned Member
29/8/08
BRAZIL
Both my divers are going to Tickleshoes the end of this week to have PM80s put in then. I have seen videos of high beat next to low beat- huge difference and easy to tell on the wrist. I believe a Rep should function like a Gen, that is the point of replicating it. Other on here say they just want a rep because it is a good watch and it doesn't matter if it doesn't function like a Gen. This just doesn't make sense to me, if I want a good looking great functioning watch I would just buy a Seiko. So I don't by the "I am just buying the rep because it is a good looking watch" I find it hard to believe anyone buys reps for any other reason then for other people to think it is the Rolex or Pam or AP. There are plenty of watches that look almost exactly like these watches, run great but don't say Rolex, AP, Etc... on them, if what people claim is true they would buy one of those at half the price and it even comes with a legitimate warranty.
Just my 2 cents

You are in a quest for the perfect APDiver because of other people's opinion. Though you may find it hard to believe, there are people - myself included - who wear replica watches without caring what other people think.

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
Should be very nice when you get it back. I am checking now with PT to see if they can get me the V6F FC with 2824 in it like you got.

D

d4m.test

Thoughts on v8 with mod 3120? Debating between the v8 and v7 -- not super educated on the difference...

D

d4m.test

Where do you recommend getting a v7? Lot's of the TD's are saying they're out. I'm in CONUS

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
JF doesn't make them with a 2824 anymore, the TDs can't get them anymore. It is a shame. They probably can get you a v7 with a Miyota in it, but that isn't good because it can't be modded to low beat (that I have heard of) if someone comes up with a good dial and hands that for a 2824, then we could make our own. But I doubt that anyone will come up with that

D

d4m.test

JF doesn't make them with a 2824 anymore, the TDs can't get them anymore. It is a shame. They probably can get you a v7 with a Miyota in it, but that isn't good because it can't be modded to low beat (that I have heard of) if someone comes up with a good dial and hands that for a 2824, then we could make our own. But I doubt that anyone will come up with that

Would you say the best bet is to get one with a 9015? Or try to wait for something to pop up in M2M? -- or go for something completely different (maybe noob v7 sub or something...)

nikcorda

Known Member
5/12/14
Would you say the best bet is to get one with a 9015? Or try to wait for something to pop up in M2M? -- or go for something completely different (maybe noob v7 sub or something...)
im debating this myself. they dont show up on m2m often and when they do they go quick, especially with a bracelet like i want. i would like to mod it to make it 99.9%, but at this point it seems like its get the miyota version and live with the "issues", or get something else. it sucks haha.

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
I wouldn't get the Miyota, you can't make it low beat and that is such an instant tell.
I would suggest a SD4k SA3135 Noob, because they need less work to make it really good. The bezel on the SD4K is no where as bad as on the SubC. SubC can get very expensive to mod to make it really good.