• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

(Royal Oak) 41mm 15400 (Blue Dial) JF

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
They need to fix that Jumbo size logo. It looks overweight. LOL

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
That blue one is really nice, it pops! Anyone knows if the new JF 15400 Black has a better matching plate too?

That's a good point. The black is less obvious of the three existing types, but still has the same loss of sharp edges due to a paint process of some sort. I cannot see why they can't do black if they can do blue as a plated method. I suspect we'll see a new black dial too before very long. It makes sense for them to do it too.

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU
Logo is not that bad....

Gen looks more straight, rep looks more curved and the gap is a taaaaaaad wider

5Cf5tIT.jpg

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
Honestly the only person ever going to notice or even care is you! Technically it's correct even if you prefer the thinner one. Cripes I can barely see mine with the naked eye anyway!!

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
Honestly the only person ever going to notice or even care is you! Technically it's correct even if you prefer the thinner one. Cripes I can barely see mine with the naked eye anyway!!
I think you'll stop commenting here too, soon. Lol

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU

Haha, I'm going to order one nevertheless. Just waiting for Angus to reply to my message...

Audermars

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
8/9/15
And then there is me waiting for the tt white dial 15400 :(

Audermars

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
8/9/15
Honestly I dont understand why the TT is taking so long. Arrghh I need it
The tt is with a cream colour different from the silver ones, maybe that's the reason for the delayed release?

SpootyPuff

I'm Pretty Popular
19/6/10
^that's good to know. All the pics I've viewed so far (QC, wristies, etc.) have seemed like the date wheel background is black compared to the gen pics.

Question to those that own the blue dial - is the dial metallic in look all the time or only in certain angles? Is it fairly subdued from a few feet away?
From scouring the threads it seems like how the Yachmaster is... it darkens/lightens from different angles and lighting. Just wanted some clarification - i'm super torn between the blue and black dials on SS.

fredrik80

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/10/11
The blue dial on the new JF is only metallic in some angles, like when strong lighting hits it. It's a pretty muted blue in normal lighting. But when photographed it shows much stronger blue than in reality

SpootyPuff

I'm Pretty Popular
19/6/10
thanks, fredrik. Would you say it turns darkish blue in some lights?

Where I work is relatively conservative. Bling is ok but I just don't want the blue to be gaudy-ish to a point where it's a distraction. I loved the old RO's blue as it wasn't "out there" in color.

fredrik80

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/10/11
Yes, it can turn darker blue in some lighting, but it never gets electric blue like the old dial did. It's a very subtle blue color, not a gaudy color at all

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
The A in the logo AP is crooked!!!

Just kidding! Wear this classy watch well, mate!

More than 1 road to Rome...