• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

~Round 2~Official Group Buy, OMEGA UPO w/Clone ETA2824

daytona4me

Chinese Shrimp Rider
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Re: Official Group Buy, OMEGA UPO w/Clone ETA2824

Yeah.. I can handle a couple more orders on this..

Trying to see if I can make it a permanent price.. :wink:

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07

Got mine a couple days ago and it's one of the best deals around.
DSCN2550.jpg

jack_bauer

Renowned Member
12/9/08

I received mine today exactly as described. I'll try to post some pics tonight or this weekend.

daytona4me

Chinese Shrimp Rider
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06

I have 3 members UPO clones in my hand. I will be taking pictures of the watch and the movement tonight..
These members will have their UPO's sent tomorrow.. (Ja..Tom & Ben).. This was something special I did for these customers and is not my normal process.

I am working to make this a permanent price ... if more want to order, they are available.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07

I've got two things to add. I just got back from a swim over on Palm Beach this evening, and I took Greg's watch over for a dip. As i told my wife if it doesn't survive, I'll junk it. Well It survived with no problem. Dive watches better be able to be taken for a swim or I don't want them. :D

And I was very impressed that when I got up this morning at 5 AM to go pick somebody up at the airport, I could still read the time. The lume is very good on this watch. Probably the best rep I've got.

daytona4me

Chinese Shrimp Rider
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Profit from Group Buy, OMEGA UPO w/Clone ETA2824

Hi fellas,

Just got an email about a bracelet issue.. I hope everyone is reading the first post of the Group Buy.. it should be pretty obvious that I will not fix / replace, etc.. small issues that might arise as a result of buying a replica watch.

Here is your breakdown on the money I made on this group buy..

My Gross profit on your watch $20.00 , my credit card processor charges 3.85% plus $0.75 per transaction which totals $8.26 . The money transfer cost via Western Union was shared between 5 watches so that cost is $3.20.
My Net profit after costs is exactly $8.54.

Give my time put into this.. combine all orders... I'm easily in the red when I put a value on my time... I am not doing it for the money... I have made that clear over and over again.....

I dont want anyone mad at me if I dont service small shit, you have to work with me.. if you want everything 100% guaranteed,, I'll mark up the prices so it's actually worth my time and I will promise the world to you. I will always make money that way as there is such a small percentage that have something wrong with them.

Work with me by realizing what you are buying .. and I will supply the hell out of some nice watches.... If your not willing to accept a little risk that you might not have something perfect or you might have to spend $30 at the local jewelers for something.. my recommendation is to buy way over fair price from cartel and deal with shipping back to china.. dont use me.

jallaballa

Known Member
23/6/07

If I knew earlier how little you make on each watch I would have sent you something extra :)

Just want to express my gratitude for you taking the time to arrange these GREAT deals to us all! (I know how much time these things take..)

Best regards, Peter

sconehead

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/07

I trust the 'bracelet' issue is a few of the pins sticking out slightly. Took 5mins to drive them fully home using a punch and small hammer (and great care!) An easy fix that anyone can do. D4M was very up front about his returns policy and small faults, so we all knew what we were getting into.... :roll:
D4M, now I know why you wouldn't give me any codes for the 'help the sconehead fund' , you're a modern day Robin Hood, but I'm not sure about the tight green leggings though... :shock:

amedman

27/7/06

The issue was mine. The 1/2 link next to the clasp came broken and needs repair. It will cost me an extra 30 bucks or so to fix so not a big deal and even with the added cost the watch is still a deal. Other then this it is a wonderful watch. The clone eta is even stamped ETA with clover and it is already regulated to +/-2 seconds. I am a happy customer and definetly recomend this deal.

bx2vio

Known Member
24/5/08

Hello, I'm interested in one! it looks beautiful!

Soap

Looking Around
13/10/08

I'm very interested in this, looks fantastic! Black bezel white numbers for me, E-mail sent!

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07

amedman said:
The issue was mine. The 1/2 link next to the clasp came broken and needs repair. It will cost me an extra 30 bucks or so to fix so not a big deal and even with the added cost the watch is still a deal. Other then this it is a wonderful watch. The clone eta is even stamped ETA with clover and it is already regulated to +/-2 seconds. I am a happy customer and definetly recomend this deal.

If you need a new link or 1/2 link just post it. I as well as probably 50 other people have one we can send you.

amedman

27/7/06

KBH said:
amedman said:

If you need a new link or 1/2 link just post it. I as well as probably 50 other people have one we can send you.

WOW! That would save me $36! I definetly would love to get another 1/2 link if some kind soul wouldn't mind mailing me one they do not need. Please PVT MSG me and I will respond.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07

Send me your address and I'll send you one.

amedman

27/7/06

WOW! Thanks man. PM sent.

Soap

Looking Around
13/10/08

Just ordered mine, totally secure trust daytona4me 100%. Can't wait to recieve the king of all Omegas at such a fantastic price!

Everyone who likes Omega or Bond or Both has to get in on this!

Thanks Daytona4me!

daytona4me

Chinese Shrimp Rider
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06

I want to say in no way was I trying to take a shot at any member. In fact, there are 3 members who have a bracelet issue.. one was on an ETA UPO and 2 were on the clone..

I was more frustrated that this even happened, to 3 people,, and any feeling that it is my responsibility to make something happen just urked me the wrong way.

My request was to the supplier of the watches and a request to the maker to provide new ones either for free or for a discount. Anything that can be resolved with a spare link certainly should be. Not all of the situations would allow for such a thing, this is why I'm trying to do what I can with it.

I will have to seriously think about how I do the next group buy, I have to cover myself a little better. I also have raised the shipping price to $25 as the dollar fluctuates up and down the RMB and shipping goes between $19 and $22 , and I am being charged $25 shipping and elsewhere.
That cut into funds more than I expected as 1/2 of the watches I have sold in any group buy or individual has been to the EU.

The UPO clone is indeed exactly the same as the UPO,, just has the clone momement... and people are not being dupped into spending $300 for a cloned eta movement.

This will get closed up and price will increase a little as my group buy and my special pricing has ended..

Bomba

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/08

amedman said:
The issue was mine. The 1/2 link next to the clasp came broken and needs repair. It will cost me an extra 30 bucks or so to fix so not a big deal and even with the added cost the watch is still a deal. Other then this it is a wonderful watch.

In Daytona's defense, this seems to be a common issue for many UPO bands.