• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Submariner

Jyi90

Known Member
17/5/17
Hey guys is anybody able to identify where this submariner rep is from by just looking at these pics? My buddy received this replica years ago maybe 2-3 and doesn't know too much about reps, figured I'd see if anybody could identify which factory, or if is some cheap dhgate/aliexpress kind. My diamond tester does test positive so it seems to have a sapphire crystal and looks like it has AR coating. Also the CEL at 6:00 is pretty easily noticeable.
I like the date wheel but other than that the watch is beat to shit obviously.

Thanks in advance!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Edit: should mention that when he received it he was told it had a gen dial but neither of us really believed that part but idk

D

d4m.test

I understand that maybe internally it is hard to get a 1:1 representation of a gen.
But why is it not possible to make a 1:1 100% identical external representation of a Rolex Sub!?
Maybe not for $150 but 1-2K (or whatever).

If it is truely impossible to buy a 1:1 replica how close do they get after substantial mods. It seams to me like everyone here is highly knowledgeable, chasing and try ying to solve the Rubik's cube of the ultimate "passable fake".
How close had it got?
Are there ANY watches on the market that would give a Rolex expert a hard time trying to dicide if it's fake or not?

D

d4m.test

8a8fee6ad1d4359970fad847a4d7caab.png

Hey guys just got my noob v7 116010, wanted your opinion on wether the triangle on the bezel has the little ring centered correctly on it.

I also noticed that the calendar is very off centered.

If you guys have any other input I'm all ears

Sent from the RWI App

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11

Hey guys just got my noob v7 116010, wanted your opinion on wether the triangle on the bezel has the little ring centered correctly on it.

Sent from the RWI App

The picture is angled so it's hard to evaluate the triangle but it is probably fine. The date is absolutely centered. In fact, it's perfect. Maybe we are looking at different watches.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

gavmeister

I'm Pretty Popular
27/5/16

Sent from the RWI App
Looks awesome to me...

pbatemanwhat

Horology Curious
23/10/15
I'm looking at the relatively new ARF sub. What do folks think of this vs. Noob v7? I also would prefer one without a cyclops - Noob still the best for a non cyclops model? Thx!

Thuen88

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/11/16
Are there any video reviews out there of Noob 7 or any other top quality replicas ? I cant find one on youtube at first glance.

cpd2186

Runway Model
Supporter
5/4/16
Are there any video reviews out there of Noob 7 or any other top quality replicas ? I cant find one on youtube at first glance.
You mean a review of a fraudulent Rolex or any other fraudulent watch on YouTube? I don't think you will find one!!!!

Sent from the RWI App

Thuen88

3/11/16
There are many comparison videos on Youtube which is basicly a review.

Colt Seavers

Known Member
14/5/17
I don't know if this interests anyone, but a TD on another site has a thread for Noob V7s with the a2836 movement. The markers on the inserts look better to me. Someone on the thread read my mind and asked the TD about it. The response was, "the color of the filling is lighter than before."

So I guess not all V7s are created equal. Somewhere along the line they started improving the color within the V7 range. To me that means you might want to make a point of asking for the better insert marker color if you buy a the latest Noob with that movement. (Parenthetically, not sure the movement choice would impact anything).

Sorry if this is common knowledge, Incremental improvements of the current stock seem to be coming along. I would still probably do a platinum paint mod but I've never seen this in person so who knows....

Thuen88

3/11/16
how does the bracelet feel on Noob v7 ? Does it feel cheap compare to gen ? does it rattle ? Are the links held tight enough or are they lose ?

wuaname

Looking Around
9/6/11
I think Noob V7 looks great.

But the things some people replace with real Rolex parts are.. (in no particular order)
1. bezel and/or bezel insert
2. crystal
3. dial
4. hands
5. crown and tube
6. bracelet
7. case
8. part(s) of movement or whole movement

That’s a hefty investment for on eof these watches.

D

d4m.test

Amazing info as usual, fantastic site. Respect to all of you making this wonderful site!!