• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Sub 116610 LN noob v5 out of stock - need advice on next steps....

bissell

Horology Curious
28/2/15
Hello,

Newbie here so please excuse my inexperience. I placed an order with a TD for a noob sub v5 116610LN and send my WU payment and received payment confirmation. I then receive an email stating it's out of stock, but they have the 116610 LV (green bezel) that they can ship immediately, which I declined since this is my first rep and I have my heart set on the 116610ln v5. I have to admit, I was very disappointed to receive the out of stock email, and I did not accept their offer for the 116610 LV. I decided to ask how long would I have to wait until they receive 116610 LN back in stock. They weren't sure and thought maybe 1-2 weeks, which I guess I could live with that.

Is anyone else receiving out of stock replies on their orders for the same watch?

Do you think it is worth it for me to wait? I guess what I'm asking is, are the chances good that they will receive this particular watch back in stock within 2 weeks or so? (I would think it's a popular model)

I was so excited about this and receiving the QC pics, that now it's like I went from excitement to being concerned/disappointed etc..

What are your thoughts on this situation and how to best proceed? I really, really want this watch! :)

Thanks for tolerating a total newbie!:calm:

DJT1

Supporter
15/6/13
Don't worry my friend. We've all experienced this at sometime or another. Atleast your with a great dealer who will get the restock first.

bissell

Horology Curious
28/2/15
I hope I don't receive the same notification. :(

I hear you Ardbeg...I'm fairly patient. But I guess I need some reassurances from some more seasoned members...they know more about these things. And they may know if this watch has a good chance of being stocked soon. I'd be lying if I wasn't just a bit stressed right now lol

bissell

Horology Curious
28/2/15
Thanks DJT1...I do hear good things about Pure Time and they seem to have a great relationship with the Noob factory. I'm going to wait and hopefully good news will arrive! Waiting is the hardest part. I guess the song by Tom Petty is true...

D

d4m.test

As You really want it and imho it´s a fine rep to get just put in the waiting time, be it 2, be it 4 weeks. Best is to forget about this one, research on the forum and look for the next one You would like, maybe a Tudor Blackbay or the vintage looking Omega 300m co-axial etc. If I was You meanwhile, by beginning next week, I would place this second order with another TD.

Sometimes, when there are pre-orders for future new releases, the members wait for 3 months and longer after payment, so it´s not unusual.

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
Hurry up wait same old story. Enjoy the anticipation grass hopper!

GrapeJam

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/14
I ordered my v5 with Ryan (InTime) earlier today, he said he'll have the watch from the factory in about 3 days.

I hear some talk on the forums about a revised version of the v5 coming out in the next few days - this may be why many dealers seem to be out of stock. But whether or not the revised v5 actually exists I do not know, it may just be a marketing play.

bissell

Horology Curious
28/2/15
Thanks for the feedback fellas! I also conclude that waiting it out is the best course of action..I'm sure intime (Ryan) will take good care of you, I've heard many good things about their business. I went with Pure Time (Angus) because of equally good reviews and their well established history in this business and their scope and influence. In the future I think I'll stick with either Ryan or Angus....not to get sidetracked here...come on v5!!

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
Both are great dealers. I don't have experience with Ryan but Angus is a very helpful and stand up guy.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
I also requested a V5 from sead early this week and he said out of stock for another 10 days approx due to a "update" on the watch

Sweet duane u want a v5 too.its the most popular watch of 2015 imo so far across all of the forums:)

boneyjr

Renowned Member
22/3/11
get your money back and wait until people start unloading them on M2M

Ardbeg

Renowned Member
11/2/15
Both are great dealers. I don't have experience with Ryan but Angus is a very helpful and stand up guy.

Agreed. I've previously ordered from PT and had a very positive experience.

I ordered my v5 noob from Ryan. I have received my QC pics and the order is in route.
I assume I will be receiving the original v5 version if a 'revised' version does in fact exist.

bissell

Horology Curious
28/2/15
Agreed. I've previously ordered from PT and had a very positive experience.

I ordered my v5 noob from Ryan. I have received my QC pics and the order is in route.
I assume I will be receiving the original v5 version if a 'revised' version does in fact exist.[

You must have just gotten your order in the nick of time for v5...looks like the out of stock is pretty widespread. Keep us updated on your order.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
I dont belive this revised version exists.but if true i hope it is accully revised

Ardbeg

Renowned Member
11/2/15
bissell, Will do. I know we are both really excited to receive the v5.