• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex GMT II C V2 and V3 comparison

markh

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
14/1/10
so is it the Hont one or the PT one? on PT's site, Rolex GMT Master II Ceramic 116710, it says "This product was added to our catalog on Monday 11 May, 2009"...

where do you find the latest version like the one you reviewed?

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
so is it the Hont one or the PT one? on PT's site, Rolex GMT Master II Ceramic 116710, it says "This product was added to our catalog on Monday 11 May, 2009"...

where do you find the latest version like the one you reviewed?

you always need to send a email to Precious Time for the latest stuff. He can get everything

pcsam

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
22/3/09
guru.....my tiger-eye has just been posted to finedd for him to do his thing with it .....

BMWM3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/3/09
I've emailed both Precious Time and Hont for a price quote, and the latter is more than a c note cheaper. What gives? Anyone else experiencing price discrepancy on this watch? I don't my paying for quality, but I certainly don't want to get ripped off...

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
nice breakdown guru.

does anyone know if the bezel from the v3 will fit on the v2 watch?

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
still want to know this as i think it's an easy mod that will greatly improve the v2.

any thoughts?

I do not think anybody tried the swapp, as you can see the measurements are a little different between v2 and v3. So the bezel may fit or not. I will know more in about a week, fine dd is working on that with a customer watch.

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
still want to know this as i think it's an easy mod that will greatly improve the v2.

any thoughts?

Trying in a few days. Waiting for the v3 which should arrive any day now and the v2 is waiting for the transplant! Will keep you posted.

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
Trying in a few days. Waiting for the v3 which should arrive any day now and the v2 is waiting for the transplant! Will keep you posted.

excellent,
thanks rooster.
will watch this space. (no pun intended ;)

agb

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/1/10
tI got the V3 . it is very nice . but still the finishing of the shiny parts is not smooth.

I got two , and one is already defective . problem with winding and the stem i believe .

my friend who got it will contact the dealer.

dayne

Horology Curious
19/11/09
so as I'm not an expert and I have a friend who wants to buy this watch.
What is your advice : Rolex 3186 or Swiss ETA 2836-2 ?

Thanks for your help

I also want to know,
should i choose the Swiss-Eta or the Asian Clone ?
My Seller make's no difference in price.....

Is the Asian 3186 Clone on the level as the 2836 in reliability??

Please answer fast, because i want to pull the trigger^^

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
no, if swiss eta is a must than get it, if asian 2836 is an option ,get it

but the clone 3186, hmm, it is still a new movement with little feedback, wait a while

D

d4m.test

Hi @ Guru das ist wirklich das beste was ich bisher gesehen habe super case echt klasse die gmt

Gruss
Thomas

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
Just an update, as I forgot about this. It turned out that I couldn't just move the bezel or the insert from a v3 to a v2. So what I ended up doing is a whole movement transplant. I took the movement from the v2 and put it in the v3. That was no problem at all. So here's my finished GMT IIc, with one of the very rare good CHS movements, superlume, latest case and insert, and double AR under the cyclop. I really wouldn't know what else to do to make this closer to the gen... I am spent.

2010-04-10123041.jpg